PDA

View Full Version : 88, river play.

Entity
05-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Button is slightly loose and generally aggressive postflop.

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>...

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

arkady
05-20-2005, 08:11 PM
absolutely.

Entity
05-20-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
absolutely.

[/ QUOTE ]

K. Just double checking. Today's my first day at $5/10 (I've played $1-2 through $3-6 6max at other sites) and I'm getting beat pretty badly (down 90BB in 800 hands).

Rob

unimproved
05-20-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
K. Just double checking. Today's my first day at $5/10 (I've played $1-2 through $3-6 6max at other sites) and I'm getting beat pretty badly (down 90BB in 800 hands).

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ent,

I was at that table with you for a while and you seemed to be taking a lot of tough beats more than anything else (getting runner-runnered, straight vs. slowplayed boat, etc). As I found out when I first started Party 5/10 short the variance is a real killer...

One thing to consider might be game selection? I was browsing tables and saw you at this one and decided to sit in with you for a few orbits, just because I've never played with you before except at full ring .5/1 2+2 LAGfests (gave you a sly sup bro, but no response).

I'm not sure how it was before I arrived, but while I was there the table averages were something like 30 VPIP, 15 PFR not counting my own stats, with no loosies or passives at all. With the abundance of good games the 5/10 short has to offer, I'm sure you could have found better spots than this. Do you have a decent 5/10 DB?

Entity
05-20-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ent,

I was at that table with you for a while and you seemed to be taking a lot of tough beats more than anything else (getting runner-runnered, straight vs. slowplayed boat, etc). As I found out when I first started Party 5/10 short the variance is a real killer...

One thing to consider might be game selection? I was browsing tables and saw you at this one and decided to sit in with you for a few orbits, just because I've never played with you before except at full ring .5/1 2+2 LAGfests (gave you a sly sup bro, but no response).

I'm not sure how it was before I arrived, but while I was there the table averages were something like 30 VPIP, 15 PFR not counting my own stats, with no loosies or passives at all. With the abundance of good games the 5/10 short has to offer, I'm sure you could have found better spots than this. Do you have a decent 5/10 DB?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're who I think you are, when you sat down there were two very bad players on my right who had been routinely donating to me. I have one 5/10 DB that's around 130k hands that I'm using right now -- the rest got corrupted somehow unfortunately, so I'll be doing more datamining over the next week.

I really don't feel like I've been playing that badly today, but have had a whole bunch of hands that just haven't quite gone my way.

Rob

unimproved
05-20-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're who I think you are, when you sat down there were two very bad players on my right who had been routinely donating to me. I have one 5/10 DB that's around 130k hands that I'm using right now -- the rest got corrupted somehow unfortunately, so I'll be doing more datamining over the next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am who you think I am, yes.

Fair enough, maybe I'm wrong about the table. When I sat, there was one 50 VPIP fish who left after a couple of hands. The two guys on your right, I had them at 32/13 and 28/14, though this could be a sample size thing I guess, and I didn't have a decent line on their postflop ability.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't feel like I've been playing that badly today, but have had a whole bunch of hands that just haven't quite gone my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That certainly seemed to be the theme while I was at the table. I wasn't casting aspersions on your game; you're indisputably a better player than I am, and I'm sure you'll come out on top after a decent number of hands.

Entity
05-20-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I am who you think I am, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I sent my hands off to a friend as I know there are some hands I misplayed, and I'm datamining (will try to get another 250k or so) to help out with table selection in the future.

From there, I guess it's just a long battle back to profitability. Another friend mentioned to me that his last week was the following:

+50BB, -90BB, +90BB, -50BB.

I guess I may as well get used to it now, right?

Rob