PDA

View Full Version : Kegerators

Sarge85
05-20-2005, 07:45 PM
I want to add a Kegerator to my poker room.

Looks like I can probably build for about $250, looks like a new one is around $500 (lower end)

I'd like one with two taps, and holds pony kegs.

Anyone know of some good leads?

Just how tough are these to build?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ThaSaltCracka
05-20-2005, 07:46 PM
my cousin is building one is his house, I don't think they are too hard to make if you are that type of person(ie, mechanical and whatnot). As for leads, I dunno, I can check with him for you.

Sarge85
05-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Cool

I'm no Bob Villa, but from what I've seen the plans don't look to complicated.

I'd appreciate anything you were able to pick up.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ThaSaltCracka
05-20-2005, 07:56 PM
naw, the plans aren't that hard, I think the sealing around the wholes you cut is key, everything else is just connecting tubes and whatnot.

RunDownHouse
05-20-2005, 07:59 PM
I've built one before, and am currently working on getting a chest freezer in shape to build a two-keg tap system, to which I'll later add corny kegs of homebrew.

www.beveragefactory.com (http://www.beveragefactory.com) (maybe thebeveragefactory.com, google it) has good prices and outstanding customer service (I'm not affiliated in any way, blah blah), so I can definitely recommend them.

As far as your specific questions: getting two pony kegs in there will be highly dependent on your fridge, since you won't be able to stack them on top of one another or anything. Its pretty easy to build one; unless you're doing something more complicated, like what I'm doing now, all you really need is a drill, and it should only take you an hour or two.

Also, we've definitely had threads on this in the past couple months.

JackWilson
05-20-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool

I'm no Bob Villa, but from what I've seen the plans don't look to complicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
wholes you cut

[/ QUOTE ]

Pet peeve I guess. .:shrug:.

holeplug
05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
We had one when I was in college. They are really easy to make if you just want a standard one.

Evan
05-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Kegerator thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2244468&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words="kegerator"&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=2244468&Search=true&wh ere=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype =y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2244468)

Blarg
05-20-2005, 09:44 PM
URLtard, use the codes.