PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* (i am a total fish)

bholdr
05-20-2005, 07:05 PM
7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___raises
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___raises___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___raises

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls (all-in)
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

River

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___all-in
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___folds
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

BeerMoney
05-20-2005, 07:10 PM
What's so fishy?

bholdr
05-20-2005, 07:11 PM
my whole damn day. i'm in the middle of a 40BB slide and this one really hurt.

TheShootah
05-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Straight Flush or Quads? This one for the ages! Sorry though.... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Roland
05-20-2005, 07:14 PM
So you lost?!

BeerMoney
05-20-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my whole damn day. i'm in the middle of a 40BB slide and this one really hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just stop playing for the day.. Go do something else. Its hard to think str8 on a run like that.. I guess I didn't look at the hand closely, but what can you do man.

Michael Emery
05-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Against players with a brain (especially if seat 5 has a brain) you are badly beat on fifth and have an easy fold. Your cap on fifth was ugly. You have two players raising your paired doorcard (announcing that that they likely have trips). A soild player in seat 5 either has kings full or trip queens. Of course this is 3-6 though, and anything I suppose is possible at that limit.

Mike Emery

bholdr
05-20-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you lost?!

[/ QUOTE ]

yes:

seat one was slowplaying rolled sixes- which i should've picked up on. he was really, really tight, and a pretty solid player for this level. on third, i'm completeing with a J showing and a K raised and he's still in, i should have sensed something was up, then, on fifth, i pair my doorcard, and he still raises (i'm representing trip jacks- he obviously thinks that he has me beat) and the KQQ raises, representing at least trip Q, then i reraise and he calls two bets! nobody calls two bets from two different open overpairs in this situation with just a set of nines (or they shouldn't, anyway).

wtf am i doing reraising with two pair here? somehow i convinced myself that neither one of them had trips yet. jesus.

the showdown came, and i'm already lighting up a cig in celebration of my first 20+BB pot of the day, and i'm like, wait a minute! why the hell isn't the money coming my way?!?!

DAMMIT!!!
I'M DONE! DONE! [censored] [censored] slowplaying goddamn [censored] motherfucker [censored] [censored] hell!!! AAARRRGG... screw this i'm gonna go see star wars.

bholdr
05-20-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against players with a brain (especially if seat 5 has a brain) you are badly beat on fifth and have an easy fold. Your cap on fifth was ugly. You have two players raising your paired doorcard (announcing that that they likely have trips). A soild player in seat 5 either has kings full or trip queens.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. total fish.

edit: and a lucky fish at that: if seat 1 wasn't all in he would've gotten another 6 bets out of me on 6th and 7th.

Andy B
05-20-2005, 08:21 PM
I think a check-raise on fourth is in order. Capping fifth was a little dizzy, but you know that. Once you make Aces-full, though, you have to get the money in there.

I'm going to wait a while myself. I'm guessing the theaters won't be too crowded during the day on Monday.

BeerMoney
05-20-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

the showdown came, and i'm already lighting up a cig in celebration of my first 20+BB pot of the day, and i'm like, wait a minute! why the hell isn't the money coming my way?!?!

DAMMIT!!!
I'M DONE! DONE! [censored] [censored] slowplaying goddamn [censored] motherfucker [censored] [censored] hell!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely classic!!

**Note** Slowplaying's a little underrated in my opinion.