PDA

View Full Version : Some 6 max hands

Bradyams
05-20-2005, 06:41 PM
I've been carefully diving into 1/2 6max, and have been doing okay over the first ~1k hands. Although, I can tell the variance is going to be a fun rollercoaster ride.

Anyway I'm not too familiar with the nature of shorthanded, and especially the nature of the players that play it. So here's some hands I played today, and wasn't too sure of.

Hand 1 -

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Brady is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Brady calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

<font color="blue">I think my flop raise here is pretty bad when I think about it. Any reasonable three-betting hand has probably got me beat, and I don't think I can make villain fold if I don't make my straight. Luckily, I made my straight on the turn.</font>

------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2 -

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Brady is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Brady checks.

River: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Brady calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

<font color="blue">I'm not sure if I should bet the turn. Villain was pretty agg, and I feel I would have gotten check-raised on the flop if he caught middle or top pair. So I think there's a good chance I'm still ahead, but I took the free card and caught a king. Now he check-raises me! Should I 3bet?</font>

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hand 3 -

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Brady is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Brady calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Brady folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

kenberman
05-20-2005, 06:49 PM
hand 1 - not sure.

hand 2- bet the turn
hand 3 - nice.

Malachii
05-20-2005, 06:55 PM
I like raising the flop on the first hand. You can check behind and take the free card on fourth street if you don't improve, and there's no guarantee he has you beat.

hicherbie
05-20-2005, 07:07 PM
1 is good, hammer him if he is betting with a Ac or Kc. you also have position for a free card.

2, with your read i think i bet on the turn. with his cr on the river i think i just call. but decisions would have been easier if you had kept control of the hand.

toss
05-20-2005, 07:54 PM
In Hand 1 I also think the flop raise is bad. I'd rather pop him on the turn if he's the type of player to bet a one card flush.

Hand 2 I'd 3-bet that sucker and cry if he caps.

Hand 3 against an unknown, I think fold after he raises the flop.

SCfuji
05-20-2005, 08:13 PM
hand 1 im probably looking for a more passive line on the flop like calling then raising the best turn card you could have seen.

hand 2 i bet the turn, fold to a check raise and check behind the river unimproved. these guys will call down with any sliver of hope.

hand 3 showdown this hand

SCfuji
05-20-2005, 08:14 PM
this flop could be better. monotone where i dont have one of that suit is one where i wont be going too nuts on.

toss
05-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Yes now that I think about it, calling down with JJ HU is better.

gvibes
05-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Hand 1: fine.

Hand 2: If he won't check/raise you with a hand you beat, you can bet and fold to a raise. If he is LAGgy enough to c/r you with a worse hand, I don't mind checking behind and calling a bet on the river. I usually bet/fold (like, &gt;90% of the time).

Hand 3: You have to call this down I think, at least without a read. In a blind defense situation, the BB will often c/r with any piece (any pair, draw, etc.).

hicherbie
05-20-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah good point. i guess the two overcards dont make this too attractive either. but shoudlnt this monotone board make this easier to play? if the board were rainbow and it were bet to you with BP and an OESD, what would u do?

SCfuji
05-20-2005, 11:44 PM
aggressively from the flop.