PDA

View Full Version : Difficult OESD+Pair - JTo

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB is a very aggressive TAG. MP is a bad loose/passive who rarely raises postflop but takes swipes at loose pots.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls $7 (All-In).

Final Pot: 13.20 BB

SomethingClever
05-20-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB is a very aggressive TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you the BB? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why not raise the flop and take it from there?

utmt40
05-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Let me guess KT?

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you the BB?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops. I mean SB is a very aggressive TAG.

BB is trying to develop a little restraint and play a few more hands.

rory
05-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Fold preflop. JTo sucks in a raised pot and you have terrible relative and absolute position postflop. SB raises usually mean a big hand.

Raise the flop. Cap if someone 3 bets. Pair and an OESD are enough to pound. The way it played out raise the turn too-- no sense in letting someone draw cheap to a split or a higher straight or a flush.

I played a hand just like this last night in a home game, even the positions were the same except that it was limped preflop.

Spicymoose
05-20-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise the flop and take it from there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Also, why didn't you raise the turn? With a flush draw out there, and plenty of high cards for people to connect with, I think this is pretty mandatory.

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB raises usually mean a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
A very loose and bad player openlimps in cutoff and a very aggressive TAG SB needs a big hand to raise him? With a tight BB?

Are you serious?

Trix
05-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Too fancy
Raise flop, Raise turn.
It´s much better to get the first guy for 2 bets than both for one each here.

Edit: I´m playing my JT in this spot. Position on the solid player, who probably have a decently wide range as isolating is good in his spot.

StellarWind
05-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Not a good effort on my part on the flop and turn.

My hand has many possibilities and many flaws on the flop. In a big field the call might have been good because my hand is nowhere near as good as it looks. But shorthanded it is probable that most of my weaknesses cannot be exploited, i.e. my middle pair may currently be good despite the dangerous flop, a ten may actually win instead of losing, I may not have to share my potential straights, etc. Even though I have no idea where I stand, my pot equity should be quite good on average. A raise would offer value and pressure. If it sent a metagame message to a certain TAG I'm a little tired of hearing from, that would be nice too.

The turn call was an attempt to defer the raise to rhe river. I figured that once I raised my hand would be obvious and everyone without a straight might fold immediately. But my opponents may easily be tied to the pot by 1) strong draws to flushes and full houses, 2) foolishness (MP), and 3) distrust of me (SB). I should blast away and what happens, happens.

MP had T /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIT.

Thanks a lot for all the advice.