PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering, new to SH

TheHip41
05-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Hello,

I've been playing 1/2 6-max for the last week or so. I'm been trying different things, to see what works for me.

I don't know if this is totally standard or not, but I am trying to raise every time I enter a pot preflop.

A different take on this is, is there ever a good time to limp in a 6 handed game?

J.R.
05-20-2005, 06:16 PM
yes. e.g. you have 22 on the button, 2 people limp to you. but these spots are somewhat rare and raising in them isn't all bad.

rory
05-20-2005, 07:00 PM
There are many hands that I would like to see a flop with in position for 1 SB that I would not like to make a big pot with and pay 2 SB to see the flop. Hands like J8s after a wimpy limper with some wimpy but loose blinds. A3o. I do a lot of late position limping after a bad limper in these games.

I think of it as isomorphic to the HPFAP situation where you are the button, the blinds will fold 0% of the time and you have A6o. Obviously you are going to see a flop, but if they aren't going to fold to your steal raise you maybe would like to see what the flop brings before committing a BB to the pot, so you open limp on the button. With a limper sometimes if you just limp you can get the same exact situation if the SB isn't an any-two kind of guy. Or even if he is.