PDA

View Full Version : Big stack on the bubble

Scuba Chuck
05-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2535)
UTG (t895)
Hero (t3260)
SB (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t600</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1100

<font color="blue"> Pretty sure I miss played this. I should push this right? The reason I folded is because I felt that at 4xBB, shorty really wasn't short enough. Thoughts? </font>

curtains
05-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Did you fold for 200 more chips?? If so I think that's pretty bad.

Scuba Chuck
05-20-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you fold for 200 more chips?? If so I think that's pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I could have said misclick, but I folded. My strategy was to fold to a reraise. I acted too quickly.

I agree that I should have called the 200 more chips.

My question is, would you push here?

curtains
05-20-2005, 06:05 PM
btw I misread your original post and thought you had 54c, which makes folding to the 200 reraise slightly better, although I would have called anyway. I don't think it's necessary to move allin, especially at lower buyins. Make a normal raise, and if they have the balls to move allin on top of you with a hand they wouldn't have called your allin with, then congrautlations to them.

Degen
05-20-2005, 06:07 PM
don't play this pot

you have plenty of chips and the blinds are relatively small

if you're gonna play the min raise is horrendous.

Andre

curtains
05-20-2005, 06:13 PM
I think raising is fine, as it's clear that both blinds will play very tight. Min raising definitely isn't horrendous as against a lot of players this is all that's necessary to make them fold when there is an 800 chip stack UTG. However I agree that I'd usually make it about 500 at least here, but to call min raising "horrendous" is a huge overstatement.

citanul
05-20-2005, 06:42 PM
dude, yeah, you need to post a little less and read a lot more.

citanul

ps: for the content of the post, curtains of course has this perfect.

Nick M
05-20-2005, 06:57 PM
With the blinds 100/200 I wouldn't Min Raise. If I'm going to raise, I am going to make it 550 or so. It is true that the blinds should play tight here with a very short player going into the blinds on the next deal. But the BB has enough chips to call 200 more to see a flop. This is of course if I play the hand at all. And not calling the extra 200 in position...well you know.

TheNoodleMan
05-20-2005, 06:58 PM
as bad as your mini raise is, his mini re-raise more or less compels you to call. You are getting 5.5 to 1 on your money if you call and you are in position. Even if your oppenent is getting cute with aces (which he very well could be) you are still priced in to call here.
If he checks the flop and it has missed you, a continuation bet of about 500 should either win the pot right there or get a check raise. If he check raises you, you're done with the hand.
If you flop a decent draw and he checks, its up to you if you want to take a free card or make the same continuation bet.
The most important thing in this scenario is that this is the oppenent that you want to bully. The other two stacks are equally short and likely to take a stand against you. The Confortable 2nd in chips is the stack to attack.