PDA

View Full Version : AA: snapped and capped

donger
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Villain in this hand 50/6.6/1 with 0.7 aggression on the flop. Does anyone play it differently?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

J.R.
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone play it differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands on this guy do you have? that's quite a laydown, I don't think I could make it and would certainly need a personalized note before considering it. a duece is somewhat unlikely, as is 99, and given his high vpip the .7 agg fatcor is somewhat misleading. plus people who play bad (vpip 50ish) tilt and do silly stuff more than guys with taggy stats.

donger
05-20-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone play it differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands on this guy do you have? that's quite a laydown, I don't think I could make it. a duece is soemwhat unlikely, as is 99, and given his high vpip the .7 agg fatcor is somewhat misleading. plus people who play bad (vpip 50ish) tilt and do silly stuff more than guys with taggy stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have 176 hands worth of data on this guy, but i've seen him play really passively: raising only with two pair or better and usually playing deferentially to the PF aggressor.

donger
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Here's some more backstory on this guy:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Td Kd (two pair, tens and threes).
Hero has 2s Ac (full house, twos full of threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.20 BB. </font>

PokerBob
05-20-2005, 04:09 PM
I can't find a fold here. I can call down swearing, but I can't fold.

captZEEbo1
05-20-2005, 04:14 PM
this play is awful imo. The other hand just shows that he is capable of raising top pair when bet into, so that's all the more likely has has the 9 after the flop raise. When you 3-bet and he caps, he might be going for a cheaper showdown with the 9s or any pocket pair (so he'll bet turn and check river). Granted he is likely not semibluffing, I would not lay this down. If you have a killer read then folding to the flop cap is correct. He will not take a free card on turn since he was not semi-bluffing. So by calling the flop bet, are you drawing for an ace to spike your set? I'd call this down though. Another line to take if you wanted to would be to call the guys flop raise (thereby likely getting utg to overcall (which is really good, because he is probably drawing for only runner runner) and simply call down, if you suspect that he will bet river with just 9s up. Note: this play isn't always good (going for overcalls with just aces up on flop), but given the texture of the board, the other guy in the hand is likely not going to hurt your chances of winning by more than 3%.

SomethingClever
05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Bet the turn and call down from there.

donger
05-20-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So by calling the flop bet, are you drawing for an ace to spike your set?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the other hand illustrated that the guy has trouble keeping on the gas (he CRs the flop with TPTK, then meekly check-calls a safe turn card).

SO far, I haven't seen this guy cap or 3bet with less than trips.

I raised the flop for information. I got it, so I used it.

I don't think this fold is awful against an opponent who is loose, weak, and passive. It may not be good, but it's definitely not awful.

RunDownHouse
05-20-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raised the flop for information.

[/ QUOTE ]
Surely you mean you raised for value.

ddubois
05-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Maybe it's one of those guys who waits until he sees no overcards on the flop to raise his JJs.