PDA

View Full Version : Fold AK Pre-Flop?

SittinOnDubsWGW
05-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Been lurking for a while, decided to finally post, so here goes.

In a live tourney with about 90-100 people left in it, blinds are 60/120. Avg stack is around 2500. I'm sitting with around 4900 I am UTG.

READS (chip count) relevent to the hand:
SB(4200)- very tight player has only lost one showdown out of about 5 since he's been at my table, and had second nuts on that hand.
UTG+1(2900)- okay player, seems to be weak-tight
CO(1800)- solid player overall, doesn't try to do anything fancy. Normally only calls raises with pairs or suited high cards. Might be tilting due to two pretty big beats over last three hands.

I am UTG with AsKd I bet out to 500
UTG+ calls 500
CO raises all in to 1800
SB re-raises all in to 4200

UTG???

Discuss.

Rosencrantz1
05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I very tight player answers a raise and a re-raise with an all-in?

I would most certainly fold.

transmitt
05-20-2005, 03:52 PM
the party is probably over for my AK, fold.

Rduke55
05-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I'd fold this no doubt.
You put in a nice raise sitting UTG no less. Gets reraised twice, back to you.
Coin flip at best if you get it heads up I guess though I can't see the other guy folding. If they each have a pair (even 22 and 33) you're still an underdog to win the hand. If one has an A and one has a pair you're even worse in a lot of cases.
Even if the one guy is tilting, the weak-tight guy did rereraise all in. I'd be real worried about him.

schwza
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I very tight player answers a raise and a re-raise with an all-in?

I would most certainly fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah

DemonDeac
05-20-2005, 04:03 PM
well afterall, AK is a drawing hand. hahahaha

yea. fold this shiznit. two tighties raising all in
PEACE

Dr_Jeckyl_00
05-20-2005, 04:16 PM
definitely fold... you don't want to get involved w/ a tight player w/ a bigger stack. why risk losing everything on a draw (where you probably have a slight disadvantage), besides since they both are all in you'll get to see their cards and get more information as to how they play (at least the guy that is left standing)

SittinOnDubsWGW
05-20-2005, 04:30 PM
^^^^
My thought process was about the same. I figure I could make my a better move elsewhere. I figured I was at best in a coinflip situation and probably a few of my outs in my opponnents' hands.

I folded. As did UTG+1 showing his AJ suited when folding.

Showdown

CO- AQ suited
SB- AK suited

Both go unimproved SB takes it down.

tom441lbk
05-20-2005, 08:12 PM
yeah i usually play AK pretty slow(just calling preflop)
1-2 NL live game i'm in bb, utg limps, mp raises, i call, utg makes it 40 straight, and i don't even think twice folding my AKs when it gets around to me, knowing the guy very well and how tight he plays, if you have the read, folding is no problem, I almost folded KK one time, because i knew a guy had aces, i only had about 17 bucks left in front of me though, so i took my chances, and he did turn over AA. Good luck in future tournies

Tom