PDA

View Full Version : K10s co

Schmed
05-20-2005, 03:25 PM
2-4 paradise

emp calls, lmp calls, I call in the co with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, button raises, sb folds, bb calls, all call.

Flop

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checks to me, I bet, button raises, folds to me I call,

Turn

10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, button checks through

River

2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, button calls

KDawgCometh
05-20-2005, 03:27 PM
I'd raise it PF. after that, I'd do what you did since you didn't give us a read on the button. Is the button capable of making a free card play right there?

Buck_65
05-20-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm definitely raising this preflop. Who knows what happens from there?

rmarotti
05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Raise PF. Since you didn't: Bet/3-bet the turn.

MisterKing
05-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Postflop = YUCK, pre-flop I like limping QTo/KTo in LP against a few limpers to keep it small and increase my ability to force people out with a raise postflop if I hit. Raising PF makes your hand much harder to protect if all you got is TP. But your KT is s00ted, and that flips it over to an easy value raise, I think.

Flop is fine -- but take in mind that button is probably playing a very wide range of hands here if he's any good, and he may very well be raising for a free card. A read on him might help figure out which was more likely.

On the turn, you absolutely need to bet. There are now two huge draws present, and you can't really protect your hand with a C/R (since there are ~7BB in the pot) so you should take the surefire option and see about maybe getting a 3-bet in if he raises you ("it depends"). I really hate checking here, even if it is for a C/R -- the implications for when he has a draw are disasterous.

On the river, I like bet-fold. His check-through on the turn seems to strengthen the case for a flush draw, but he could have something like QQ/JJ/KQ as well. I'm interested in hearing from the bet-call people here... my heart tells me they may be right. I dunno. I don't think you can lead-check this river... giving up too much value. If you'd bet the turn and he called THEN maybe check-call the end, even that seems weak.

thejameser
05-20-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise it PF. after that, I'd do what you did since you didn't give us a read on the button. Is the button capable of making a free card play right there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Schmed
05-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Preflop I normally raise that hand and honestly I don't know why I didn't. I just questioned the raise and thought..hmmm I know they're broadway and suited but call... I really was more concerned about the limpers and being out kicked if I hit my K..at least in the time that I gave the play a thought....

Post flop...on the flop I thought I may be behind but I wanted to bet in to the button so his raise may protect me clean up my K if it was good and he was on a draw... on the turn I just knew the guy would fire again and I wanted to c/r him...he was playing pretty fast and loose up to that point and would always follow up raises with bets...except this time..... the river I figured bet out... and he'd call me with any ace...the only thing I could come up with as a reason against betting was if he really was on a draw he wouldn't call and may take a shot at the pot but I didn't want to compound my turn error....

thanks y'all

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing I could come up with as a reason against betting was if he really was on a draw he wouldn't call and may take a shot at the pot but I didn't want to compound my turn error....

[/ QUOTE ]

I reiterate what I said above: Betting the turn doesn't compound any errors, it tries to fix those that have already been made.