PDA

View Full Version : Chugging 7 Shots of Whiskey

theBruiser500
05-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Yesterday I paid someone $75 to chug 7 shots of whiskey. I asked some drinkers there to make sure it was safe and they said it was (right?). It was a 200 mL flask, they said that was 7 shots... COmments?

gumpzilla
05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
This will not kill the person you're betting unless it is one of the Olsen twins.

kipin
05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
What kind of thrill or high do you get from paying people money to do stupid stunts? Do you atleast video tape them to send to other people?

howzit
05-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Bruiser, usually the drinker will be paying $75 to drink seven shots of whisky (see a post about it in "NYC is great" thread)

ChoicestHops
05-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Im not for sure of the exact amount, but 200 ml isn't 7 shots. This coke in my hand is 355 ml / 12 oz, which would equal 8 shots.

It's definitely safe, and definitely worth $75, even $20.

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 03:11 PM
If you make this bet with a female, it may improve your chances of getting laid, if you're still working on that.

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Thats four shots. Very, very, very safe. Please pay me $18.75 a shot and I'll work for you all night. Every night.

ChoicestHops
05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Four shots sounds about right. I hate kids that kill a fifth and think they've drank 25 or so shots when it's really about 17.

tbach24
05-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I bet I could do this. I also weigh 170 and eat lots and lots.

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, its 44.3ml/shot, so I guess really its 4 and 1/2....except the flask is unlikely to be entirely full so I stand by 4.

theBruiser500
05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
heh, this is one of my lamer bets. i didn't really want to do it but this guy came up with the idea and kept bringing it up so i figured, whatever if he wants to do it okay.

theBruiser500
05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
damn 4, that is not nearly as impressive

mmcd
05-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Back in high school, I used to chug 375ml bottles of Yukon Jack. A guy I know used to be able to chug down about 1/2 a handle of Jim Beam.

200ml is about 4 shots, not 7.

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Sounds like you should be posting in the other alcohol related thread near the top of OOT right now.

tbach24
05-20-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
heh, this is one of my lamer bets. i didn't really want to do it but this guy came up with the idea and kept bringing it up so i figured, whatever if he wants to do it okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you're really popular with telemarketers

slickpoppa
05-20-2005, 03:33 PM
I guy I know from college chugged two 12 oz cups of rum within a span of 5 minutes and almost died.

Eurotrash
05-20-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats four shots. Very, very, very safe. Please pay me $18.75 a shot and I'll work for you all night. Every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, this can't be right. Unless the term "shot" is arbitrary, I'm almost positive 1 shot = 1 fluid ounce ~ 32 ml

it's certainly not 40+. That's a jigger (1.5 shots), I believe.

Alobar
05-20-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I paid someone $75 to chug 7 shots of whiskey. I asked some drinkers there to make sure it was safe and they said it was (right?). It was a 200 mL flask, they said that was 7 shots... COmments?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, I wanna hang out with you. Usually I have to pay the bar $75 to get drunk, with you I get drunk and GET $75.....what are you doing tonight? I'll bring some women!

BWebb
05-20-2005, 03:40 PM
A friend of mine did 8 shots of Jager in 5 minutes for $50. He was throwing up about an hour later.

Pocket Trips
05-20-2005, 03:42 PM
I once did 17 shots of Absolut in an hour on a bet and didn't die.

I got a certain amount for reaching 10 and more $$ for every shot over 10 i did in one hour.

I was hung over as all hell the next day but i survived. God had a higher purpose for my in mind which I'm pretty sure is trying to beat Jake to posting posting "put it in her pooper" in every relevant thread I can find /images/graemlins/grin.gif

slickpoppa
05-20-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, this can't be right. Unless the term "shot" is arbitrary, I'm almost positive 1 shot = 1 fluid ounce ~ 32 ml

it's certainly not 40+. That's a jigger (1.5 shots), I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

A real shot is closer to 1.5 ounces. Anyone who has done a power hour can verify that a 12 oz can of beer yeilds about 8 shots.

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 03:47 PM
You are techinally correct.

However, all shot glasses used in the restaurant/bar business in the US are serving jiggers, not "shots." Mini bottles of liquor are 50ml (44ml adjusted for empty space), not 32. Go to the bar and order a shot of whiskey and then pour 33% of it back, because, surprise, its a jigger.

Way to be pedantic---nobody, certainly nobody the age of the posters on this forum, means "shot" when they say "shot."

mmcd
05-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Nah, I barely drink at all anymore. I used to drink a lot. Typical night of boozing would either be a fifth of booze, ~12 beers, and a shitload of Jager shots or Minderasers at the bar, or sometimes just 50+ beers. I pretty much stopped drinking about 3 years ago (I'll still have a few beers once in awhile, and get drunk once in blue moon) just because I was tired of being either drunk or hungover 80% of the time.

Eurotrash
05-20-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are techinally correct.

However, all shot glasses used in the restaurant/bar business in the US are serving jiggers, not "shots." Mini bottles of liquor are 50ml (44ml adjusted for empty space), not 32. Go to the bar and order a shot of whiskey and then pour 33% of it back, because, surprise, its a jigger.

Way to be pedantic---nobody, certainly nobody the age of the posters on this forum, means "shot" when they say "shot."

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, ok dude relax. I was just honestly confused at the terminology and expressing only what I knew from memory. Thanks for clearing it up and not being too much of an ass. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

TBag
05-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Man you guys need to learn how to drink. My friend picked up a pirate shotglass, which has varying levels of shots which are humorously labeled. In this particular case, because both me and my friends are retarded, I took the swashbuckler and my friend, who had to out do me, took the Blackbeard, which were 6 and 8 man-shots(jiggers sounds lame) respectively.

ChoicestHops
05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
I think the terminology is pretty important here. 1 1/2 oz of 80 proof liquor is equal to one beer. It's the equivalent of someone drinking 8 oz of a beer claiming to drink one whole beer.

EliteNinja
05-20-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll do it for free!

PokerFink
05-20-2005, 04:56 PM
My freshman roomate would pregame by pouring about 6 shots of vodka (usually Vladdy or Bankers) into a plastic cup and chugging it. So it's definitely safe and do-able.

Diplomat
05-20-2005, 04:59 PM
So you can...

-Diplomat

thatpfunk
05-20-2005, 05:14 PM
bruiser, i hope when you're in CA i meet you sometime... I will do some really dumb things for money:

snort a line of wasabi
drink a large amount of alcohol in a short period of time (i'll do it anyways)
crash and flip off a bike
run full speed in to walls (almost anything risking minor injuries)
etc
etc
etc.

Daliman
05-20-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems high-limit poker has warped your sense of worth in bets. When $75 doesn't even post in yer regular game, I can see why. Now, I think I'd pay $75 to see YOU drink 7 shots, but you seem like a good enough guy, and I'd hate to be the one to have to identify you at the morgue...

bighomage
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I paid someone $75 to chug 7 shots of whiskey.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friends do this for fun and gamesmanship.

brassnuts
05-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I would happily chug 7 shots for $75.

brassnuts
05-20-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guy I know from college chugged two 12 oz cups of rum within a span of 5 minutes and almost died.

[/ QUOTE ]

This man was retarded.

Sponger15SB
05-20-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bruiser, i hope when you're in CA i meet you sometime... I will do some really dumb things for money:

snort a line of wasabi
drink a large amount of alcohol in a short period of time (i'll do it anyways)
crash and flip off a bike
run full speed in to walls (almost anything risking minor injuries)
etc
etc
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can stay at my place this summer when bruiser is in SB, you can be bruiser's professional stunt man.

A friend of mine from high school would get the bottle of vodka we would buy for the night, open it up and chug like 6 shots and be done for the night. It was pretty funny.

tbach24
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
This reminds me of an awesome plan for Bruiser that I probably stole from a movie. When he finally gets a date, we set him up with a wire so he says all the right things. Then we start saying things like "you are such a retard" and he says it to his date and she gets mad. Sweet.

shant
05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
I would do this for a high 5.

thatpfunk
05-20-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You can stay at my place this summer when bruiser is in SB, you can be bruiser's professional stunt man.

A friend of mine from high school would get the bottle of vodka we would buy for the night, open it up and chug like 6 shots and be done for the night. It was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, gladly. Are you in SB all summer or SD?

Stupid drinking story ahead: In high school when I first started drinking me and my friends had no idea how to have a good drinking contest, we just would binge drink. We are at my buddy's older brothers house and have the place to ourselves. We decided to have a drinking contest but had no idea what to do.

We drank a few beers and then cracked the handle bottle of Payless Select Vodka (mmm... charcoal filtered yummm). Our great idea was to fill up a cup of vodka and drink it. My friend (who was 6'2" 195lbs) drinks the cup and I (6' 165 lbs) drink the cup... Woohoo! The girls are impressed, we're getting drunk !! Yaahh! We are badass!!!

But no one has won the contest yet. Ok. He fills the cup up and gets about halfway down and starts gagging. He can't finish it. I raise my arms in triumph. But he points out that I haven't finished the second cup. Ok, here goes, I finish the second cup, gag, dry-heave in the sink, but keep it down.

So I have now consumed about 20 oz of straight vodka. The cheapest most disgusting [censored] possible. I am so cool. I am also by far the most intoxicated I have ever been. The night's a blur, I pass out everywhere, wake up in a car that has been pulled over (I was carried to the passenger seat) and brought home by the cops. I threw up/dry heaved for hours. One of the most miserable nights of my life.

I woke up the next morning with little idea of what happened the night before (except my parents talking to the cops, I remember that really well). I did somehow get a girlfiend out of it though.

SpearsBritney
05-20-2005, 08:34 PM
you really need to work on your prop betting