PDA

View Full Version : Pretend plays MLB 5/20

HitHard69
05-20-2005, 01:23 PM
YTD (8-5) +6.21 units

Rangers/Stros Under 9
Kenny Rogers still hasn't given up a run in a loooong time. None in his last 4 starts and is coming off a CG 6 hit shutout of the Twins. Lifetime ERA against the Stro's is 2.80 Brandon Backe is also coming off a CG shutout against the Giants. Rangers averaging 5 runs/game, Stro's 3.8. Pitching keeps the offense down.

Cards/Royals under 8.5
Mark Mulder has dominated KC, 8-1 with a 2.40 era. He also has a 3.44 era on the season. Zack Grienke's record doesn't reflect the type of year he's having. He's been throwing very well, and has only given up more than 4 runs twice. Plus with Rolen out and Walker hurting, STL loses some pop in thier lineup.

Comments welcome

Dubious
05-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Does Grienke pitching for his 4th time in 16 days worry you? He was on a strict pitch count last year, but has been allowed to go up to 110 pitches this year. It seems that he may get worse as he tires and as his spirit gets dampened by losing games even when he pitches well. I think I'd be worried about betting a close under when he starts.

mrbaseball
05-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Grienke appears to be on a normal rotation schedule of every 5th day. He threw 110 pitches once and the rest have all been below 100. Last 4 were 98, 96, 85 and 85.

I always keep an eagle eye out for guy throwing a lot of (too many?) pitches. Grienke is not in that catagory at all. He is currently 47th in the league in pitches thrown at 697. I wouldn't be concerned here at all about overwork.