PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw play

Shammu
05-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Live tournament, have not seen a good hand in a while, blinds are 150 and 300, I have about 2000 chips, I'm in late position with KQ of clubs, everyone folded to me, I make it 900, the small blind calls. The flop comes 9 high with tow clubs, the small blind checks, what sould I do? Chec to see a free card? bet? or push? note that I already invested half of my chips in the pot. The SB has a little more chips than me.

trevorwc
05-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Why did you only raise to 900? When you have 6.5 BB, it's all-in or fold. The only good I can see out of your line is if your all-in bet (which you NEED to make on this flop) will get him to fold. So, all-in pre-flop, and since you didn't, get it all-in on the flop.

schwza
05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you only raise to 900? When you have 6.5 BB, it's all-in or fold. The only good I can see out of your line is if your all-in bet (which you NEED to make on this flop) will get him to fold. So, all-in pre-flop, and since you didn't, get it all-in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

Shammu
05-20-2005, 01:51 PM
I actually did go all in on the flop, he had JJ and my hand did not imrove, did not hit any of my 15 outs.

TexInAtl
05-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Been there, done that. It sucks, but that's poker.

P.S. I also agree with Trevorwc. All-in PF with a suited KQ and less than 10BB.

Rduke55
05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
How bad is this play? Is this not enough chips for a stop-n-go? Raising and not going all-in PF may look more impressive than the all-in. Can you get some unimproved hands that beat you (ex. A8) to fold on the flop or don't you have enough chips?
Dependent on the sb's stack I guess. I'm suprised he didn't put you all-in PF.