PDA

View Full Version : CB-like Messages Through My Computer?

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
I received the first message about 4-5 months ago maybe. They come like once every 3-4 weeks and are only about 4 seconds long. Not very often. They sound like somebody talking through a CB, if anybody here has used one.

The messages are very vulgar and the voice is usually the same. Messages include:

"Shut the [censored] UP"
"Yeah, he's down there begging for someone to [censored] him in the ass."

And a few others I can't remember. I'm used to them by now, but I'm wondering how in the hell am I receiving these? Is this some form of Spyware or what? I know they aren't from a CB, but what are they?

I am not making this up, by the way. Anybody else have them?

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 12:57 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/903959/tinfoil.jpg

loudog
05-20-2005, 12:58 PM
lol, nice one jake

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 01:19 PM
-nh

radek2166
05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/903959/tinfoil.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

U need some tinfoil? I got some extra!!

theredpill5
05-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Are you hearing voices ?

LOL. What are they telling you to do ? Are they telling you to kill your parents ?

Pocket Trips
05-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Build a baseball field and Shoeless Joe Jackson and your father will come to play on it

tbach24
05-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Wait, let me get this straight. Someone talks to you in a somewhat threatening manner through your computer? WTF??? What does CB stand for?

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does CB stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding, Good Buddy?

http://www.burtreynoldsmuseum.org/store/images/bandit-postcard.jpg

Pocket Trips
05-20-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does CB stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how old this question makes me feel...go rent the movie "Convoy" or d/l the song of the same name and you will get a glimpse into that far away age known as the 70's

tbach24
05-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Nope, I still don't know what it is. Funny pic though, although I have no idea what the reference is /images/graemlins/confused.gif

theredpill5
05-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Before this turns into a 7 page thread about CB's, it's like a walkie talkie for Truckers. They communicate with it while they are driving.

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, let me get this straight. Someone talks to you in a somewhat threatening manner through your computer? WTF??? What does CB stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Citizens Band. It's a radio device used to communicate with other cars on the road. Truckers have them, and cars can have them aswell.

It's a man's voice and it comes out of my speakers. It's always something vulgar and usually involves cusswords. I have no idea what the hell it is. I only used the term CB because that's what I compare the sound quality to.

theredpill5
05-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Are you sure the voices are real ? Does anyone else hear it ?

chaas4747
05-20-2005, 01:51 PM
What application is playing these voices?

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Please don't insult my intelligence. The voices are real. They aren't in my head and I'm not making them up. No, nobody else hears them. My computer is in my room and I'm the only person who uses it.. and I'm not going to stake out my PC to show my mom a random sound talking about assfucking.

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 01:53 PM
There is no application that I know of. That's what I've been trying to figure out. There are a few programs which I always run. Winamp, AIM, MSN and pretty much IE. Obviously there are tons of others, but they play the background. I'm nearly 100% sure the sites that I have open when this plays are not causing this. They aren't embedded into the pages script like a streaming mp3 or audio in a .swf file.

It's like it's coming directly from the computer.

theredpill5
05-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I wish I could do that, just hack into someone's computer and [censored] with them whenever I want to. That must be a lot of fun.

Shajen
05-20-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm assuming you did a search for *.wav on your pc to make sure it isn't a sound some program is opening?

Anything specific you are doing on the pc when it happens?

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you did a search for *.wav on your pc to make sure it isn't a sound some program is opening?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually didn't. I will now, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Anything specific you are doing on the pc when it happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Just surfing.

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Nothing on the .wav search.

IndieMatty
05-20-2005, 02:15 PM
If they are different every time, your probably just picking up some one short band radio or something. This happens. I've picked up someones cordless phone conversation once with my pc speakers. (long time ago)

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Is this even possible? I've received them like 4-5 times, wouldn't I almost have to pick up a normal conversation once in a while? Not something about a dude wanting to be raped in the ass and pissing and curse words? Shouldn't I hear, "So I was driving my truck" at least once? How would Cable Modem connect into a radio device?

Hiding
05-20-2005, 02:25 PM
A subwoofer will pick up stray radio waves and amplify them. Following the tinfoil part.........wrap the subwoofer cable in tin foil it will stop it/reduce it. (seriously)

Lay your cell phone on top of your cpu and on certain systems you will get blips through the speaker system.

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 02:30 PM
So we think I'm crossing line's with somebody's real conversation? That doesn't seem right.

spamuell
05-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Please don't insult my intelligence. The voices are real. They aren't in my head

You can be very intelligent and still hear voices, the two are unconnected. It sounds like you're completely unwilling to accept the possibility that this is due to mental illness, you should consider seeing a psychiatrist just to be sure.

-Skeme-
05-20-2005, 03:43 PM
You're right, I am unwilling to accept this might be a mental illness. For one, it's causing me absolutely no harm. Just slight annoyance and curiousity as to what is causing the messages. Second, they only appear AT MY COMPUTER when I have my speakers on. I don't go running off to a shrink everytime something trivial happens. I need reasons to do something of that sort, and I don't have the money.

Turkish
05-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Something somewhat similar to this happened to me about a month ago..

I was just sitting at my computer listening to music, and I heard ANOTHER random song going on over my speakers and random muttering that I couldn't decipher. This freaked me out, so I downloaded a bunch of anti-virus stuff, and sure enough, I had a crap load of viruses, including but not limited to some trojan horses. I ended up having to reinstall windows cause I couldn't get rid of them all.

willie
05-20-2005, 04:48 PM
i say ignore them unless one is "go kill yourself"

then, take the advice of the voice.

Benal
05-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Watch the movie "White Noise"

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

balkii
05-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Rabid child stays at home, talks on a CB
Truckers pass calling out their handles to the kid
Chess Piece Face and The Big Duluth call her every day
"Hammer down" and "rabbit ears" are the only words they know

Hammer down
Hammer down, rabbit ears
Hammer down, rabbit ears
Hammer down, rabbit ears, hammer down

If you pass the rabid child say "hammer down" for me
The rabid child
The rabid child
The rabid child

JackWilson
05-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Assuming you're being serious, there are a couple of things I can think of, none too likely.

I think we can rule out the "picking up frequency through my subwoofer" theory. If that were true, it would happen a lot more often, wouldn't always be about assfucking and would continue for longer than 4 seconds.

I'm assuming you've run a virus- (with the latest updates) and spyware scan (not too likely to turn up anything). This would rule out almost everything.

Next time it happens, have a look at your recent documents folder. If it is a file being played, it should turn up here. This is unlikely if the messages are always different.

Anyway, I'm still mulling over some possibilities but I'd like to hear the results of the full system scan first. If that doesn't pan out, I'm gonna need some more info. A HijacktThis log would also be helpful.

BruinEric
05-20-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lay your cell phone on top of your cpu and on certain systems you will get blips through the speaker system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of my cell phones make noise when near my computer speakers. In fact, the speakers start buzzing before my phone rings with a call.

My Motorola Nextel phone makes my speakers crazy with static and noise. I can't use that cell phone at my computer desk.

Fun!

BruinEric
05-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Is it possible this is some pop-up from a website?

Is it possible these are some sort of movie clip .WAVs on your CPU that are somehow linked with MS error/event sounds?

Is it possible someone is IMing you these sounds and/or these are audio IM spams?

zephed56
05-20-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no application that I know of. That's what I've been trying to figure out. There are a few programs which I always run. Winamp, AIM, MSN and pretty much IE. Obviously there are tons of others, but they play the background. I'm nearly 100% sure the sites that I have open when this plays are not causing this. They aren't embedded into the pages script like a streaming mp3 or audio in a .swf file.

It's like it's coming directly from the computer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Turn your speakers off. I could hear some asian old man talking faintly through my speakers. It was probably picking up some radio station.

Dead
05-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Don't worry about it bro.

I pick up the local sports station through my speakers when I turn them down. It's probably just cordless.

brassnuts
05-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Go rent the movie, White Noise.

BusterStacks
05-21-2005, 12:06 AM
It's not interference...

bump
05-21-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go rent the movie, White Noise.

[/ QUOTE ]