PDA

View Full Version : Favor: comment on this micro full ring DONKBET!!

krishanleong
05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO :#A500AF(Hero)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ...

What's the line.

Krishan

stinkypete
05-20-2005, 11:55 AM
he has 66. i probably play it like a calling station and go for the overcall.

k_squared
05-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I agree with the previous poster. If you raise he reraisers with better hands and folds most of the ones you have beat leaving you earning a net of 1 big bet on the end, and leaving you vulnerable to having to pay up to three.

on the other hand, by just calling you eliminate your opponents chance to get a raise in with a hand that is better than yours and have a good chance at getting the overcall and earning two bets without any additional risk. Not to mention that the person in the BB could be sitting on a monster just waiting to get a reraise in on the end!

-k_squared

TMFS9
05-20-2005, 12:13 PM
I raise the donkbet for two reasons:

A. On this drawy board it's quite possible the BB will not make an overcall on his busted draw. If he does have a made hand and it is still possible for him to call 2 cold with a hand that you beat.

B. I've smoothcalled donk bets so much that are out of nowhere and I was losing money. Now I've been raising them much more and have been shown the nuts much less than expected. And it's only .50 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 01:40 PM
At this level you probably lose. Play for the overcall and hope for the best.

This also works best if it's a total bluff.

Alobar
05-20-2005, 01:55 PM
with 2 potential overcalls behind you, its an easy call.

This donk bet is I suspect either a hand that crushes you (hello 66) or a complete bluff on a missed draw (there are a couple) so hes likely not even calling the bet unless he has you beat, in which case hes raising.

Then maybe Im putting to much thought into .25/.50 and one or both of the morons yet to act will call with 44 and J7o, and the donkbetter will still call with his busted Q high draw.

TStoneMBD
05-20-2005, 02:00 PM
i guess im the only one who thinks this is a raise. you probably have the best hand. noone is folding any pair at this level (i dont know firsthand, just guessing). they probably wont even 3bet trips/smallfullhouse. you cant let people donkbet the river on you without fighting back because they will gain value when youre holding AK type hands. the only argument against the previous statement that i can imagine is that the players arent going to notice that you are going to punish donkbets or not anyway, but i still think its far more profitable than not to.

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. But you miscounted the field.

Alobar
05-20-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. But you miscounted the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

erm...not if I count hero as an overcaller!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BabyJesus
05-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Raise, you have him beat. Just call if you think BB will call for one bet but not two. This bet makes no sense and I would raise here every time at this limit. Unless I have noticed this player has any idea how to play. This bet is just too awkward to mean you're beat here.

At this limit I really wouldn't be suprised if the guy showed you T6 for a canadian fullhouse.

TMFS9
05-20-2005, 02:15 PM
especially at this level, but sometimes even true for the middle levels.

[ QUOTE ]
both of the morons will call with 44 and J7o, and the donkbetter will still call with his busted Q high draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

is significantly greater than the time that you raise and get 3 bet by a better hand.

[ QUOTE ]
This donk bet is I suspect either a hand that crushes you (hello 66) or a complete bluff on a missed draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it have to be either or, I've seen this bet made by an A6 sort of hand many times.

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
at this level (i dont know firsthand, just guessing).

[/ QUOTE ]
See, that's the problem. In a micro game this is a crying call. The type of river bet you want to punish is quite rare. Quite likely he improved (66/96). It's also fairly common for players to slowplay and suddenly bet the river. Either they panick that their checkraise will fail or they wait to see if a draw completes before pushing trips.

bobbyi
05-20-2005, 04:59 PM
It's a desperation bet from busted clubs. Raising gains you nothing as you will scare out BB and the bluffer can't pay you off. BB has done nothing but call, and while he may himself have a busted flush draw, it is very possible that he has just been calling because he has a mediocre hand and likes to call, so call here and hope that he pays off. On the rare chance that the bettor isn't dicking around, you are going to get three-bet and that will suck.