PDA

View Full Version : 99 MP

Schmed
05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
2-4 Paradise....

utg raises folds to me I have 99 in a mp I 3 bet, sb calls, utg calls.

Flop

10 2 2

checks to me I bet, sb calls, utg calls

turn

checks to me I bet, sb folds, utg calls

river

utg checks, I bet, utg calls

Sarge85
05-20-2005, 11:44 AM
yep yep.

(Are you wondering about your PF 3 Bet? - everything else seems standard)

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

JoshuaD
05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Looks good to me. I don't make this preflop 3-bet without a read on UTG (I'll do it to anyone with 10PFR or higher), but everything else looks good.

Schmed
05-20-2005, 12:06 PM
yeah the 3 bet was my wonder. There is another post similar to this one, I think it's the 88 hand, where there was some question about a river bet too.

In this case the "villian" never showed and I won the hand. I suspect he called me down with A hi. Sometimes I think a guy would make that call against an aggressive player (me...at times wrongful aggression...)thinking I may be pumping something like AQ the entire way to his AK.

Sarge85
05-20-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah the 3 bet was my wonder. There is another post similar to this one, I think it's the 88 hand, where there was some question about a river bet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 Bets with medium pocket pairs can be tricky. You want to be reasonably certain the blinds will be dropping out, or know that the PF raiser has loose raising requirements - like 55 *wink* *wink*.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Schmed
05-20-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or know that the PF raiser has loose raising requirements - like 55

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

flair1239
05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Wow, your really trying to make a name for yourself. No one is going to call you weak after the 55 hand and then this.

I like everyting.

I am not wild about the PF 3-bet. But whatever. Probably read dependent. And if you had TT, I would think it was standard. IF it was a tight raiser I would consider folding, I would not cold-call. So yay you nice hand.