PDA

View Full Version : Any smart guys out there??? What is the value of KQs?

Indiana
05-20-2005, 10:19 AM
I pose a question to my fellow colleagues. Basically, No Limit games are so aggressive these days that it is tough to play KQs from EP/MP due to the late position heat that you are gonna get. So my question is, what is the probability that my KQs in EP/MP will flop good enough to stand the 1/2 - 3/4 pot sized bet that I will likely face on the flop?? I imagine that the quality of the flop will have to be at least two suited or two OESD cards as well as a pair to make it worth it...

Thanks in advance,

Indiana

man
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM
...are you asking the probability that you'll hit a flush draw and/or a straight draw with a pair? the answer is:

8-out SD w/ pair:
3*(C(4,1)*C(4,1)*C(6,1)) = 288

288/19600 = .014694

FD w/ pair:
C(11,2)*C(6,1) = 330

330/19600 = .016837

you can't add these numbers up to get the total percentage, because there's some overlap. but the overlap is pretty freaking small though, so you can probably knock off about .002 of the total and get a pretty close approximation (I don't know how anal you want to be). you should also factor in the probability of hitting four of a kind, FH, trips, and two pair though. that's about .033 actually. so if you add these all up, you flop a good hand about 6.4% of the time.

the conclusion is that this clearly isn't a good representation of when your hand is good.

Indiana
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
yah thanks...So why do so many people limp in MP with KQs??Its such a long shot to get a flop that will allow you to make a stand against the late position raising in most NL games....I think its much better as a limit hand...

Indiana