PDA

View Full Version : Shh, its quiet time Lois. Men are talking.

RunDownHouse
05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
First "Apprentice:" Bill Rancik (sp?). Given huge construction/real estate project to manage in Chicago.

Second "Apprentice:" Kelley Perdew. Given multiple prime real estate buildings in Manhattan, plus the water thing.

Third "Apprentice:" Two choices. You girls run along and either play with this beauty pageant or remodel this house. Play beauty queen or have some interior decorating fun.

I didn't think anything of it when Trump announced the two projects, but my girlfriend pointed out the disparity right away. The two previous apprentices were given pretty hefty real estate/management jobs in two of the biggest cities in the country. The choices here were definitely not the same type of job, and were both in the vein of traditional female roles.

Thoughts?

Pocket Trips
05-20-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First "Apprentice:" Bill Rancik (sp?). Given huge construction/real estate project to manage in Chicago.

Second "Apprentice:" Kelley Perdew. Given multiple prime real estate buildings in Manhattan, plus the water thing.

Third "Apprentice:" Two choices. You girls run along and either play with this beauty pageant or remodel this house. Play beauty queen or have some interior decorating fun.

I didn't think anything of it when Trump announced the two projects, but my girlfriend pointed out the disparity right away. The two previous apprentices were given pretty hefty real estate/management jobs in two of the biggest cities in the country. The choices here were definitely not the same type of job, and were both in the vein of traditional female roles.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't watched this show since the 1st season, but don't you think it might have something to do with the fact that Donald Trump finally real;ized that as successfull as this show has been he cannot keep giving top levell jobs to idiots who audition to some stupid reality show???

To say it is because the winners were female is kind of ridiculous since I'm sure the prizes were most likely determined before the show even began shooting.

Nothing pisses me off more than when people start accusing others of racism, sexism or whatever kind of "ism" you wanna put here in situations when it is so obvious it isn't so. It makes the people who do it look stupid and actually diminishes the point they are trying to make because people will actually pay less attention to cases of REAL prejudice that deserve more attention than the crap these people are spewing. You can only cry wolf so many times before people stop giving a [censored].

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you watch this crap.

maldini
05-20-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i saw on CNBC that neither of the 1st two winners is doing anything cool at all. they're mostly marketing puppets. that seems obvious. you're gonna hand over a huge building project to a cigar store owner (or whatever)?

maybe they are getting more realistic.