PDA

View Full Version : 20's question.. NEVER seen this before.

ripped
05-20-2005, 06:22 AM
tonight I was part of 5 way action in level 8!! I didnt have much of a stack (1300) and didnt know wtf to do because I was not going to try a blind steal with crap like I usually do because there was 1 big stack and the rest had a stack like mine.

Advise?

DasLeben
05-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Well, you certainly can't sit around and wait for awesome stealing opportunities with a little over 2xBB. In this case, I just pick a couple decent cards and go. Position and/or cards might not be optimal, but you're either going to double or bust here. Tightening up is NOT the way to handle this. Now if it were 4-handed, ehh. That's a little trickier in my mind.

Blarg
05-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Sounds like raise any two from small blind or button and pray you don't get caught.

ripped
05-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Problem was I was seeing crap like 47o, 29o and when I did see anything it was raised before me so I folded.

I actually got in to 3rd and busted after that. 2 people busted before I could..lol

Blarg
05-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Heh, I hate that when you're trying your damnedest to steal, but the pot's always raised before you, and you aren't getting the cards to reraise or call with.

LesJ
05-20-2005, 08:16 AM
I saw that last night as well. In fact, I thought you were talking about my last game of the night, which ended around 2:30 am est, but I came in third in that affair, so it couldn't have been. I was wondering the same thing, especially in early to mid position I was very concerned with what two cards to make a move. Strange game. . . extremely tight. I guess in retrospect, I should have opened up early. Maybe I will study the hand summary and look for opportunites that I passsed up early, but should have seized once I realized the table behavior.
Thanks,
Les

ripped
05-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah it was really weird. I am sitting there and trying like hell to find 2 even semi good cards to push with and everytime I did have something it was pushed in front of me. I was like DAMN but then people busted. I was 8 tabling and didnt know that 2 busted till it was my turn.. Looked down and was like awesome! Then I pushed with 9Ts and busted. Was REALLY weird play in level 8 with 5 people still around.

Iamafish
05-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Weak.

ripped
05-20-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

?