PDA

View Full Version : move in crib sheet

aba20
05-20-2005, 05:30 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a move in crib sheet which says from what position to move with what hand according to how many BB you have. Thanks.

curtains
05-20-2005, 05:32 AM
hehe I do, but it's secret. Anyway you learn a lot about poker math figuring it out on your own,so it's probably a bad idea to just copy one from another player, I could point you in the right direction towards making one of your own.

raptor517
05-20-2005, 05:35 AM
yea curtains is lying. he doesnt have anything like that. he probably doesnt even know what it is.

ok ok, curtains DOES have it. however, i duno, what is math. poker is just a bunch of luck anyway. holla

aba20
05-20-2005, 05:52 AM
so what would you recommend me doing to create one. Should I look at diferent match ups on pokerstove and calcuate equity from diferent positions?

curtains
05-20-2005, 05:57 AM
The best is to use the K+S rankings, which you can find a link to somewhere on 2+2. From those you can extrapolate data for the button, cutoff, 2 off button etc. It takes some work though, but it was very useful, it really taught me a lot, especially when you throw antes into the mix. Those won't be useful to a s+g player, but for multitable's it showed me how insanely aggressive you need to be with antes, depending on their size.

For instance , with blinds of 100-200 and a 25 chip ante, if you had 4800 chips on the button, it would be +EV to move allin preflop and to turn your hand face up so that your opponents knew what you had and would play perfectly! Without the ante's, its +EV with around 2800 chips.

raptor517
05-20-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For instance , with blinds of 100-200 and a 25 chip ante, if you had 4800 chips on the button, it would be +EV to move allin preflop and to turn your hand face up so that your opponents knew what you had and would play perfectly! Without the ante's, its +EV with around 2800 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

might wanna throw a hand in there for kicks. 23 prolly no good. /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

45suited
05-20-2005, 09:37 AM
The thing is that it is so dependent upon stack sizes. I'm less likely to move in if the BB is so low that he is more likely to want to gamble and if he losing the hand will cripple me. Otherwise, with ~ even stacks, I will move in with any 2 from the SB on the bubble. My bubble play has gotten a lot better since I started doing this exercise while at work (I have an easy job!). I deal out 4 hands face down, look at the first hand and ask myself, "would I move in if the remaining 3 stacks were similar in size to mine?" If so, I move on to the remaining hands to see if I'd call. If not, I move on to the next hand to see if I'd move in, etc. It's amazing when you deal out thousands of hands how low your standards to move in should be if you have rational opponents. For me, as first to act on the bubble (assuming a blind worth winning), if we all have healthy stacks, I'll often move in with any two broadways, any pair, any suited connector. I'm more likely to move in from the UTG with a suited connector than with a k9 or a2 because of the risk of domination. So much of it is read and stack size dependent though that I think it would be hard to make a chart.