Amnesiac

Hermlord
05-20-2005, 04:30 AM
(Best to worst)
Kid A
OK Computer
The Bends
Pablo Honey

Amnesiac and HttT I omit because I don't really know them.

First someone posts about Mulholland Drive, the exact scene we just analyzed in a multimedia class. Now you post about Radiohead as I'm preparing a lecture on OK Computer (yes, I am teaching OK Computer in a course for college credit -- sweet!)

OOT is rigged!

Jack of Arcades
05-20-2005, 04:32 AM
The Bends
OK Computer
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

whiskeytown
05-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Best to least Best

Ok Computer
The Bends
Amesenic
Kid A
Pablo Honey

-------------

(never bought Hail to the Thief - wasn't having good luck with new ones - maybe later)

RB

Sheriff Fatman
05-20-2005, 07:04 AM
The Bends
OK Computer
Pablo Honey
Kid A
Hail To The Thief
Amnesiac

jason_t
05-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Ugh. The first two are so tough. Most days it HTTT. Today you caught me on the following.

The Bends
Hail to the Thief
OK Computer
Kid A
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac
I Might Be Wrong

ClaytonN
05-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Kid A
HTTT
OK Computer
The Bends
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac

stinkypete
05-20-2005, 07:53 AM
the bends
the rest of them

Soul Daddy
05-20-2005, 08:07 AM
OK Computer
The Bends
Hail to the Thief
Kid A
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac

ThaSaltCracka
05-20-2005, 08:22 AM
I have only heard OK Computer, so clearly thats the best.

Luv2DriveTT
05-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Nearly impossible... but I'll try.

OK Computer & The Bends - tied for first place
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Kid A
Pablo Honey - I like the songs, but not the album as a whole, this is the only one that doesn't rock my world.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
05-20-2005, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Best to least Best

Ok Computer
The Bends
Amesenic
Kid A
Pablo Honey

-------------

(never bought Hail to the Thief - wasn't having good luck with new ones - maybe later)

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

RB - get it. its not like the last two. Its truely amazing.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

rmarotti
06-06-2005, 06:58 AM
For controversy's sake:

The Bends
Pablo Honey
OK Computer
Kid A
HTTT
Amnesiac

I really think the songwriting in their first two albums is some of the most amazing songwriting in modern rock. They may have done some revolutionary thing musically on the latter albums, but as a hardcore Bob Dylan fan, it's always been the lyrics that have stuck out most to me in modern rock music.

partygirluk
06-06-2005, 07:08 AM
If you were charged with making a "Best of" album for Radiohead, what would you produce?

jason_t
06-06-2005, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were charged with making a "Best of" album for Radiohead, what would you produce?

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be its own thread.

superleeds
06-06-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bends

sfer
06-06-2005, 10:13 AM
OK Computer
The rest except Pablo Honey
Pablo Honey

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm willing to swap Kid A and Amnesiac - those two are pretty interchangeable for me. The rest of the order is how it is and how it should be. Oh and can I put I Might Be Wrong in there? If so, that could actually be a problem. I could see myself putting that anywhere from #2 to #4. Yeah, it's a live collection of the songs from albums I put lower on the list, so wtf, you might ask. Well, I do think the songs are brilliant off those albums, but I just like them better with more guitar. I like them better live.

OKC
IMBW?
The Bends
HTTT
Kid A
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

Philuva
06-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Best to Worst:

Kid A
Hail to the Thief
OK Computer
The Bends
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac

Inthacup
06-06-2005, 11:03 AM
It's impossible for me to rank these albums, but Philuva's rankings seem pretty close to what I agree with right now.

Cup

sleight
06-06-2005, 06:34 PM
OK Computer
Kid A/Amnesiac
The Bends/Hail to the Thief
Pablo Honey

[censored], this exercise is like new items at Taco Bell, different order of the same damn 6 ingredients.

NiceCatch
06-06-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For certain bands, a Best Of is appropriate, as the bands produced singles that stood apart on their own. I.e. Queen, U2 (though they made some excellent albums), the Beatles (ditto), The Police, The Cars, etc.

For others, such as Radiohead, a Best Of just doesn't make sense. They make complete concept albums that simply can't be split up and repackaged. I think another band that would fall into this category would be Pink Floyd (obviously).

BK_
06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
its interesting how people are suddenly willing to give hail to the theif the praise it deserves. in a thread about a year ago, it barely cracked most top 5s. i wonder why time has to pass before declaring an album good in comparison to other "classics"

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its interesting how people are suddenly willing to give hail to the theif the praise it deserves. in a thread about a year ago, it barely cracked most top 5s. i wonder why time has to pass before declaring an album good in comparison to other "classics"

[/ QUOTE ]
It's because it's blasphemous to speak badly of Ok Computer or to suggest that it's anything other than the best album of all time. Giving too much credit to HTTT right away smells of losing respect for OKC.

istewart
06-06-2005, 06:58 PM
OK Computer
The Bends
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac

DougOzzzz
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
OK Computer
The Bends
Hail To The Thief
Kid A
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

2-4 change alot, but 1, 5, and 6 never do.

applejuicekid
06-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Kid A
OK Computer
Amnesiac
The Bends
Hail to the Thief
Pablo Honey

applejuicekid
06-06-2005, 09:06 PM
This is correct. I was just about to post the exact same thought. Making a best of album would be impossible, and every single album they made would be significantly better than said "Best of" album.

morgant
06-07-2005, 02:28 AM
kid a
bends
hail
ok computer
amnesiac
pablo honey