PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

mscags
05-20-2005, 02:48 AM
Can someone please tell me how to put one up, I've been trying to for a while and still cant get it. Thanks.

Mike

bump
05-20-2005, 02:51 AM
my home --> personal information (edit button on right)--> (bottom of page) put in your avitar's URL --> submit

Vince Young
05-20-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my home --> personal information (edit button on right)--> (bottom of page) put in your avitar's URL --> submit

[/ QUOTE ]

mscags
05-20-2005, 05:22 PM
so does your avatar have to be online or what, because I've tried to upload pics from my hard drive and its not working for me.

TStoneMBD
05-20-2005, 05:29 PM
go to www.imageshack.ws (http://www.imageshack.ws)

you can upload pictures from your computer to their server and use them as avatars here.

namknils
05-20-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
go to www.imageshack.ws (http://www.imageshack.ws)

you can upload pictures from your computer to their server and use them as avatars here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope that your avatar wasn't a picture you uploaded from your computer...

bholdr
05-20-2005, 05:55 PM
mike:

The easiest way to create an avatar is to register a photobucket or imageshack account- both of those sites provide storage space into which you may upload images from your computer or from other websites.

to upload from websites, you can right click on the image and select 'copt shortcut' and enter that URL at the storage site, or you may just pick 'copy' and paste that image on your paint program, save it as a JPEG, and upload it to the storage site directly from your hard drive. i do it this was, since it gives me a 'hard' copy of the image.

next step is to make sure it is the right size. i use the paint program to do this,too, usually shrinking the image till it's 80x80 pixels (avatar size.)

the image hosting site will give you a URL for that image, which you enter into the applicable box on your 2+2 'my home' page.

hope this clears it up.

TStoneMBD
05-20-2005, 05:57 PM
its a picture of my dentist, who happens to be a great friend of mine.

mscags
05-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks B