PDA

View Full Version : Preflop question with TT

Tea_Bagger
05-20-2005, 02:26 AM
This was something like the 4th hand of a 100+8 buy-in SNG. I was CO with TT and UTG raised to 200, blinds are 10-20 and starting stacks are 1500 in chips. It is folded around to me... whats my play?

bluefeet
05-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Fold or push are the only two options IMO. Short of hitting a set on the call to the flop - you sure won't learn anything. Overs on board and you toss it to a bet. Without overs? You still don't know if he's holding >TT.

10xBB raise sure seems awefully large for AA/KK/AK...even from UTG. At a lower stakes table, it could easily represent someone attempting 'to be done with' a middle pair.

Tempting, but I personally wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on this one...so early in.

Tea_Bagger
05-20-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Fold or push are the only two options IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's interesting you say this. I wound up just calling preflop as did the button. The board came of 8s 10s Jh. UTG bets out. I raise. Button pushes. UTG folds. What do you/I do now?

Newt_Buggs
05-20-2005, 02:54 AM
I don't push this preflop. The frequency that I get called as a coinflip/dominated outweighs the times that I take down t230. I fold, or if I'm feeling really gutsy call and see what I can do with the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I wound up just calling preflop as did the button. The board came of 8s 10s Jh. UTG bets out. I raise. Button pushes. UTG folds. What do you/I do now?

[/ QUOTE ]
what do you think that you do? are you seriously considering folding your set here? you have to call

benjdm
05-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Uhhhh......call ? Very much doubt button has Q9 or 79, JJ is worrisome but I see button doing this with AA, 88, AK spades, JT. No way you can fold.

Tea_Bagger
05-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Fair enough. I knew the I had to call the button's push. I was more curious about my play preflop...is this why just calling is a bad option?

Tea_Bagger
05-20-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm a retard. I forgot to include in the last one that button had JJ.

bluefeet
05-20-2005, 03:06 AM
see?! you NEVER listen to me! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

whelp? you got your set. what the heck did you plan to do if you didn't? (just wondering).

to answer your question...oh boy, what a mess. best case scenario, he has AA/KK/QQ. but would he simply call the PF raise after your call? i'd like to think he'd reraise all-in PF with a now T400 pot. AA might be the exception, looking for a big payday on the flop.

what about JJ? unlike your decision facing only the original raiser, he how is facing a caller of the 10x raise. VERY possible IMO that he would simply call to see the flop with this. it would also be consistant with him pusing over top of both of you on the flop. there's no way he (or any of you) want to take this draw board to the turn.

88 seams too weak of a call PF - despite taking a T600 pot to a flop. i know i wouldn't put 200 in this early knowing i HAD to hit a set.

can't be a straight. the cards filling this board aren't calling the 10x PF raise.

flush draw? AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif? that fits the PF call, and he does have a TON of outs. probably worth a push despite one of you holding an overpair to the board.

baring an extremely loose/aggressive player making an extremely bold steal attempt.....i would say you are facing trip J's or a nut flush draw (off chance of sleeping on AA).

you're only dead to 1 of the 3 possibilities. and you still have 9 outs to a boat (assuming you need it - turn or river is a spade).

i'm kicking myself for not folding PF......hitting "call" and turning my head.

curtains
05-20-2005, 03:20 AM
I would nearly always fold preflop.