PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Drive

PokerFink
05-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Watched it for the second time tonight, I'm starting to figure most of it out.

But what's the deal with the creepy homeless dude behind the diner? Does he actually fit into the story somehow? Or is he just another symbol that Lynch put in for the viewer to interpret for himself (like so many objects in the film).

Also, what is the reason for the blue vs. red color scheme?

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Fit into the story?

I think its non-linear, so there is nowhere to fit. The best write-up of it I read a few years ago related the construction of the film to a developing organism--multiple tendrils snaking out, some to wither and die, some to be returned to with great fanfare.

PokerFink
05-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Nah the story is much more linear and makes much more sense than most people want to believe. But only if you're smart enough to figure it out.

There are certain parts that have a distinct place. Other parts are merely symbolism (such as the blue box). It's left to the viewer to determine exactly what they symbolize, since there are a number of different themes.

But there is definitely a somewhat linear storyline.

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Hmmm...

Klepton
05-20-2005, 04:23 AM
very quick cuz i'm drunk

blonde hires someone to kill actress cuz she becvame succesful and they used ot be lovers

first part (whole part where they flal in love againa nd find dead girls body) is the dream of what blonde girl wish happened

instead she feels likie a fialure because she's a filaed atress and she failed her parent figures (the old peoepl) so she kills herslef.

wqhole part iwht the "no hay banda" and "there is no badn" is to help you intepret that it's a dream

goodnight

AdamK
05-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Check out

mulholand drive (http://www.mulholland-drive.net/home.htm)