PDA

View Full Version : My quads got squashed, LOL

saman007
05-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Playing with part of my typical home game crowd (all 3 of us). Go to a bar that had a total of 5 people in it, including us. Bar tender doesn't care if we pull out some chips and cards so away we go. Doing a $5.00 initial buy in $.25/$.50 blinds PLO (game is meant for fun). I'm doing well and have doubled upped and feeling good about my game. Hand comes and I've got Q7xx in the BB. Pot got raised to $1.00 and SB called, so I go ahead and call. Flop comes out TT7, check all around the table. Turn brings out another 7 -- I figure I should see if anyone has the T, I bet $1.00 and SB calls. River brings out a glorious 7. I pot it thinking I've got to have the best hand (quads!!) and the SB re-pots the hand so I call. He says, sorry I've got the nuts. I give a very quizzical look and mutter "pocket 10's". Sure enough, I thought I had sucked out on his big boat, but it was I that had been beautifully trapped by higher quads!!!

neotope
05-20-2005, 08:20 AM
If the game is meant for fun then you should really change the blind structure.

outdrwn
05-20-2005, 08:48 AM
You should have re-raised again(on the river), you were meant to go broke this hand, and you should have had no reason to beleve your hand wasn't going to win the pot. Bad "card" beat story, but it could have been worse. Nothing worse than thinking you have a lock then losing a monster pot to someone holding something very unlikely, but another re-raise on the end I still believe would have been the correct play, given your holding and the(huge buy in) way the hand had been played. Nice save though, it just wasn't meant to be your hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

theWhale
05-21-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have re-raised again(on the river), you were meant to go broke this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

The stacks aren't that deep but this is 1st level thinking. You have to stop and think what HE has, what is he raising you with on a board of TT777? You know he doesn't have the 7. He has to be terrified you ahve the 7 unless he has TT.