PDA

View Full Version : Flop Play Question

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm trying to understand how good players handle a very common flop situation that I rarely see posted.

Party 5/10 6-max

CO limps, Hero completes SB, BB checks. Both opponents are 50/8/1 loose/passive types who don't raise the flop much.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 SB)

Hero flopped a board pair with no flush possibility.

1. What is the worst pair and kicker that you would normally bet the flop with?

2. Are there any board pairs you would checkcall?

Don't worry about whether you would have completed preflop with a particular hand. That's not the question here. Assume you punched the wrong button if you must.

Entity
05-20-2005, 01:38 AM
I'd generally bet this flop with A3.

Trix
05-20-2005, 01:46 AM
1) 32o, pairs rock 3way /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
2) Not against passive players.

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 01:58 PM

marand
05-20-2005, 02:03 PM
I would usually bet any pair with any kicker here. I would almost never check/call with a pair on this flop. (If I have to pick a pair to check/call with it would be K with weak kicker.)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to understand how good players handle a very common flop situation that I rarely see posted.

Party 5/10 6-max

CO limps, Hero completes SB, BB checks. Both opponents are 50/8/1 loose/passive types who don't raise the flop much.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 SB)

Hero flopped a board pair with no flush possibility.

1. What is the worst pair and kicker that you would normally bet the flop with?

2. Are there any board pairs you would checkcall?

Don't worry about whether you would have completed preflop with a particular hand. That's not the question here. Assume you punched the wrong button if you must.

[/ QUOTE ]

ISF
05-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Three handed I think any pair is a very easy bet here.

Noodles
05-20-2005, 03:07 PM
yea probably any pair but if they both call then i would most likely check the turn if i had a less than 8 pair.

since betting any pair i wouldnt check call,but if they are passives a bet from them probably mean pair of 8s or higher.

i played a hand like this today ,ill try to find it