PDA

View Full Version : PARTY POKER Multi-table step tourny problem

Cole
05-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Anyone else having problems getting the 5th step multi-table tournamenst to go off. I register for 5+ hours a day and never get more then 4 or 5 of the required 20 people to register. This is very frustrating since I spent a greeat deal of time and money winning a bunch of freerolls to the 5th step only to find that they don't go off duringt eh hours I play anymore.

I blame the addition of many other step style tournaments (ie single table, mini step, WSOP step, and step higher) for ruining all the action on the multi-table steps.

Currently I have been waiting 2 months to play my step 5s and have finally broken down and complained to PP customer service. They agree that there is a problem but will not allow me to transfer my freerolls to the single table step or cash them out.

Has anyone else had any success dealing with PP on this issue?

Best Regards,

Cole

schwza
05-20-2005, 10:45 AM
i have actually been sitting on a step 5 multi for a while and would love nothing more than to cash it out. if party makes a decision, please pm me.

what times of day do you play (or try to)?

Cole
05-20-2005, 11:43 AM
I play days mostly 10am cst until about 4pm cst. I will be logged on soon.

Cole
05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Do me a favor and send an email to PP saying you have the same problem playing step 5. Maybe if we get enough people complaining at the same time they might actually do something.

Info@partypoker.com

Best Regards,

Cole333

schwza
05-20-2005, 12:01 PM
will do.

Dunno
05-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I also have this problem... its frustrating and i will send them an mail. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

meow_meow
05-20-2005, 12:54 PM
I can't comprehend why they wouldn't make single and 2-table step entries interchangable.

They need to step up their customer service, kill the 2-table steps, and those holding freerolls (I'm not one) their money.

Cole
05-20-2005, 01:33 PM
You are right. This is very frustrating. They admitted in an eamil to me that there is a problem and the action has dried up on the multi-table steps, but they still won't do anything with my freerolls. They still tell me to play out my freerolls and they will not exchange them for freerolls into single steps (this conversion should be at 2X) or convert them to cash.

Well if there are no tournaments going off how are we supposed to play these freerolls. It seems like PP is just going to "absorb" our tournament equity.

Everyone with some of these freerolls should email info@partypoker.com and complain.

Best Regards,

Cole333

Cole
05-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Step 5 multi-table tournament #339768
Step 4 multi-table tournament #340668

Both of these tournaments have sat for 2 days.

Party Poker CS recommended playing these tournaments bewteen the hours of 10am cst and 11pm cst as these are the peak hours for these tournaments.

I have logged on each of the last two days for 6 hours each day (10am cst to 4pm cst) and have not seen more then 4 people registered for these 20 person tournaments.

Party poker needs to release our tournament equity. Either by getting these tournaments filled, transferring the freerolls to other tournaments, or converting the freerolls into cash.

LotsOfOuts69
05-20-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play days mostly 10am cst until about 4pm cst. I will be logged on soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will never run during these times. Don't bother checking.

Try night time on a thurs,fri or sat. 8pm-12am cst

marrek
05-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Ive been sitting on a Step 4 for about 2 months! I always check the tables when i'm logged on and i haven't seen a 4 come together in a long time. I'll send an email today.

Marrek

schwza
05-20-2005, 04:58 PM
their response to me:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting us.

Congratulations! You have won an entry into the Step 5 Multi Table
Tournament ($100+65)!!! [sic]

The tournament is available 24/7.You can register for this tournament using your freeroll. To register using the freeroll that you have won:

1. Select the tournament on the Main Lobby
2. Select *Sit & Go* and then click on *multi table* and then click on the 2 step multi table tournament. Double click on the table number and you will be taken to the tournament lobby. Click on the *Register * button.

You will be provided with two options:
1. To use your freeroll
2. To Buy-in for the tournament.

As you have a freeroll available just select the "Freeroll" option and you will be able to play for free in this tournament." For more details about this, please visit
http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/steps-challenge-04.html

Please note that we will not be able to make refund for the free entry of step 5 tournament as per the rules of the step tournament.

I see that you are a special player and offer you a bonus (BONUSMAY) of 20% up to a $100 max which will be applicable on your first deposit made between 20th of May 00:00 AM EST on Friday, and 25th of May 2005 . You have to play 7 times the bonus amount as raked hand with in 7 days of time after making the deposit as per the release restriction policy.

The bonus code you have to use is BONUSMAY. The minimum deposit you have to make is $50. Please note that this offer cannot be clubbed along with any other deposit / signup bonus offer.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Bharat
Poker Customer Care

OldLearner
05-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Part of the problem is that EVERYONE is playing the WSOP STT's and STEPS.

Once the STT's and STEPS finish for this year's WSOP, this will probably resolve itself.

Of course if they're still dead after this year's WSOP deadline, then they need to resolve this.

If there are 20 people with entries to the STEP5, PP is holding $20,000 (9,000 + 5,000 + 3,600, + 2,400) that they owe to the potential winners.

Cole
05-20-2005, 06:09 PM
This is Party Pokers response to me. READ PARAGRAPH 3. It basically says if you can't play the freeroll because no one else is registering then you are out of luck. This is complete bull. Does Party Poker expect to just keep the money for these freerolls if we are never able to play them?

Dear Cole,

We see that you have a freeroll in your account available in your
account for the 5th STEPS Multi-Table Sit and Go Tournament but we are sorry
to inform you that this cannot be exchanged for any other tournament
and I would suggest you to use it by playing when we have the maximum
players online that is anytime between 10:00 AM CST to 11:00 PM CST.

With regards to the issue, that you are unable to use the freeroll due
to its decreasing popularity, I am sorry to inform you that we will not
be able to refund you that amount of the freeroll.

However, the management is already aware of the situation and they are
deliberating over the matter. Though we would not be able to speculate
over the time its takes for the issue to be resolved, we assure you
that it would soon be done.

We would suggest you to go ahead and try to use the freeroll and we
wish you all the best for it.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any
individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to
your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone
requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Sagar T
Poker Customer Care

meow_meow
05-26-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
their response to me:

Dear Daniel,

Congratulations! You have won an entry into the Step 5 Multi Table
Tournament ($100+65)!!! [sic]

The tournament is available 24/7.You can register for this tournament using your freeroll. To register using the freeroll that you have won:

1. Select the tournament on the Main Lobby
2. Select *Sit & Go* and then click on *multi table* and then click on the 2 step multi table tournament. Double click on the table number and you will be taken to the tournament lobby. Click on the *Register * button.

You will be provided with two options:
1. To use your freeroll
2. To Buy-in for the tournament.

As you have a freeroll available just select the "Freeroll" option and you will be able to play for free in this tournament." For more details about this, please visit
http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/steps-challenge-04.html

Please note that we will not be able to make refund for the free entry of step 5 tournament as per the rules of the step tournament.

I see that you are a special player and offer you a bonus (BONUSMAY) of 20% up to a $100 max which will be applicable on your first deposit made between 20th of May 00:00 AM EST on Friday, and 25th of May 2005 . You have to play 7 times the bonus amount as raked hand with in 7 days of time after making the deposit as per the release restriction policy.

The bonus code you have to use is BONUSMAY. The minimum deposit you have to make is $50. Please note that this offer cannot be clubbed along with any other deposit / signup bonus offer.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Bharat
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

That is mind-bogglingly awful. The condescention is probably unintentional, I'm sure the majority of the e-mails to support are retarded.

That said, would it kill party to route e-mails from high volume players to one or two people who actually have a good grasp of what's going on? I'm sure Party makes more profit from one full-time player than they do from a 100 average sign-ups, and they need to stop pissing off their golden geese.

WinBig
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Wow. They offered a "special player" the same bonus (BONUSMAY) that they offered everyone else on the site! I'm sure you saw right through that smokescreen. Edge: PokerStars.