PDA

View Full Version : barry greenstiens son trying to break into poker

Justin Smith
05-20-2005, 01:16 AM
It seems that Barry Greenstien's son wants to get into the poker world. So Cardplayer magazine gave him his own column to let us all know what his progress is. It is my opinion that this is dumb. If this wasn't in Cardplayer I would think its is a kid in RPG.....you know the " how I turn 5 bucks into 1000 on UB in 30 days" Wow what pipe dreams. Barry I don't like you and now I don't like your whiny kid. I think he wants me to feel bad for him cause you wouldn't play any poker games with him. I am wondering if you, Joe Sebok , failed at something else in life and now you must do what dad does because you think your pompous father will help you build a bankroll and get you into the game you have probably listened to many stories about. Before you continue with your dumb articles i suggest you read some continuing posts on RPG that have the title " I will turn a freeroll win on FTP into a full time bankroll in 10 days" fail and let all us less privelegd have it documented
Justin Smith

Daliman
05-20-2005, 02:09 AM
SOMEONE needs a nap.

el kang
05-20-2005, 02:16 AM
This is almost the same post as the one on FullContactPoker (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=13628) .

I sense a troll of some sort.

whiskeytown
05-20-2005, 02:32 AM
third post and he's already a jackass...

ah well

RB

hotdog da 2rd
05-20-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering if you, Joe Sebok , failed at something else in life and now you must do what dad does....

[/ QUOTE ]

so, why does your dad hate joe sebok so much?

Justin Smith
05-20-2005, 11:11 AM
all i am saying is that why should we care. I know that if i dont like it I dont have to read it, but i think that an article by Scott Fischman on how much he hates pocket jacks would fill the space better. Not that cardplayer is a good mag anymore. The website is great but the magazine is just advertisement.

hotdog da 2rd
05-20-2005, 11:26 AM
we don't. you see the point. you're the only guy here that cares. if weren't for you i probably wouldn't even have read the thing.

propervillain
05-20-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we don't. you see the point. you're the only guy here that cares. if weren't for you i probably wouldn't even have read the thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Sponger15SB
05-20-2005, 12:51 PM
BG sounds like an ass. He will gamble on what kind of shoes he is going to buy his son by playing 1on1 basketball, but he won't teach him poker even though he is one of the best in the world.

It would be like if Michael Jordan didn't teach his son to play basketball because he didn't think it would be good for him.

Dr. Strangelove
05-20-2005, 12:51 PM
You don't [censored] with Justin Smith. Justin Smith folds tt v aa preflop after he gets half his stack in cuz Justin Smith can see into your SOUL. Justin Smith buys in to cover NO ONE yet dominates EVERYONE. Justin Smith was all county '95 and Justin Smith gets all the betties cuz Justin Smith is a [censored] NINJA BEAST.

J.R.
05-20-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BG sounds like an ass. He will gamble on what kind of shoes he is going to buy his son by playing 1on1 basketball, but he won't teach him poker even though he is one of the best in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, he set me back plenty by refusing to really even play cards with me until I — get this — actually got an education and accomplished a few things in life.

yeah, BG is really selfish and a bad father.

Voltron87
05-20-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It would be like if Michael Jordan didn't teach his son to play basketball because he didn't think it would be good for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much my sentiments

Justin Smith
05-21-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't [censored] with Justin Smith. Justin Smith folds tt v aa preflop after he gets half his stack in cuz Justin Smith can see into your SOUL. Justin Smith buys in to cover NO ONE yet dominates EVERYONE. Justin Smith was all county '95 and Justin Smith gets all the betties cuz Justin Smith is a [censored] NINJA BEAST.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt be said any better...or stranger

RoboRob
05-21-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt be said any better...or stranger

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man that really got me laughing...great post

Enon
05-21-2005, 05:20 AM
I have it confirmed from a friend who had dinner with Barry's son on the party cruise that his name on stars is Stevesbets (the guy who regularly plays the 5k heads up sit and gos)

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 07:10 AM
what is this about? is this a joke way over my head? link?

Masquerade
05-21-2005, 12:15 PM
I'd rather read a column by someone who had earned the right to contribute one rather than through nepotism.

BK_
05-21-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have it confirmed from a friend who had dinner with Barry's son on the party cruise that his name on stars is Stevesbets (the guy who regularly plays the 5k heads up sit and gos)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wow...

cwsiggy
05-22-2005, 02:40 AM
I heard Stevesbets is some foreign student in Philadelphia. I'll assume the person who said it is his son was joking. Stevesbets has allready qualified for the WSOP main event (twice!!) and is registered for about 7 other events. I don't think he needs to try to break into poker!!

PokerProdigy
05-22-2005, 06:35 PM
I like Barry Greenstein because he's definitely one of the best poker players. I think one could even make an argument that he is the best poker player right now. Anyway, it seems funny to me when poker players son's (or daughters /images/graemlins/confused.gif) try and pick up poker. It seems to me that if your dad is a top notch poker player, he could easily teach you everything he knows and you'd be a pretty good player within no time.