PDA

View Full Version : 86s in the SB and a turn decision?

MAxx
05-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Reads: Villain UTG is 39/13/1. I only had 30 hands and my read is fairly light here. I have the overal impression that he is a little loose pf, and for the most part on the passive side postflop... but again no real solid line on his play yet.

1) Do you complete this at 10/20?

2) What is your turn strategy in my spot, and what is your reasoning?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="blue"> Hero... </font>

J.R.
05-20-2005, 12:27 AM
seems an easy complete. 5-1 plus great implied odds.

bet-fold. If he calls I think I like betting the river.

MAxx
05-20-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
seems an easy complete. 5-1 plus great implied odds.

bet-fold. If he calls I think I like betting the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my exact thought process...5 to 1 on the pf.

Betfolding the turn was what felt right at the time (with the intension of leading again on river, given the opportunity). When I bet and was raised, I folded. I had a few second thoughts afterwords, so I wanted to check.

I could see this as a checkcall vs a habitual bluffer, but I thought that betfolding would be a good standard line vs this type of player and I suppose the pot wasnt too big either.