PDA

View Full Version : hate sleeping alone.

gorie
05-19-2005, 11:48 PM
i'm really really bad at going to bed / falling asleep when i'm home alone.

i can't help but think scary thoughts and scare myself. i mean, i'm tired.. i have to wake up early.. but i still try to stay up to avoid having to go to bed. it's lame. and frustrating because it makes me feel like i could never live alone, just because of this. !

and it's not like i stay up til 2 (when i have to wake up at 6) waiting for my bf to get home because i'm nervous about when he'll come home or what he was doing , but more like , that the ghosts and monsters are gonna get me !! ! ! what's up with that..

loudog
05-19-2005, 11:49 PM
imagine how ur boyfriend feels falling asleep next to you

gorie
05-19-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
imagine how ur boyfriend feels falling asleep next to you

[/ QUOTE ] thats scary when he's not there, then i'll freak myself out and imagine a ghost popping up in his place.

InchoateHand
05-19-2005, 11:50 PM
Whatever you do, don't look under the bed. Can you hear that creaking in the hallway? How about the weird scratching sound right above you? Doesn't it sound like its getting closer....closer....closer...

bisonbison
05-19-2005, 11:51 PM
fall asleep blocking the front door = problem solved.

loudog
05-19-2005, 11:51 PM
then i'll freak myself out and imagine a ghost popping up in his place.

i wonder what he imagines in your place? probably anybody but you

Alobar
05-19-2005, 11:52 PM
you prolly outta look into therapy. (not kidding either). Sleep deprivation can do all kinds of [censored] up things to you psychologically. Sleep = GOOD!!

Get a dog. I sleep good at night, cuz my dog is curled up in bed next to me.

InchoateHand
05-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Wow, way to let loose the unwarrented malice---if you are going to be rude, at least make it funny, and certainly read the reply above you that alludes to exactly that scenario...

Edited to add: Repeating yourself is really, really bad. If nobody laughed the first time, it probably wasn't because they didn't get it.

gorie
05-19-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you do, don't look under the bed. Can you hear that creaking in the hallway? How about the weird scratching sound right above you? Doesn't it sound like its getting closer....closer....closer...

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh mean!!
i'm also waiting for a link to one of those -concentrate on this image for a minute to see something really cool (only to be scared by the big scary image and loud screaming) .gifs

[censored]
05-19-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what this forum needs another lame [censored]. Haven't seen that gimmick before.

gorie
05-19-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, why ?

eric5148
05-19-2005, 11:56 PM
I sleep with my knife. We love eachother very much.

gorie
05-20-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you prolly outta look into therapy. (not kidding either). Sleep deprivation can do all kinds of [censored] up things to you psychologically. Sleep = GOOD!!

Get a dog. I sleep good at night, cuz my dog is curled up in bed next to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
i probably should, too. luckily i don't have to worry about it too often so i can deal with it.. but i'm sure if i ever had to live alone it would be a serious problem.

i don't like dogs /images/graemlins/frown.gif (haven't really been around pets much) but i do like the idea of getting a cat just for that reason.. at least then i wouldn't feel alone. unfortunately most places for rent around here don't allow pets. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Alobar
05-20-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
unfortunately most places for rent around here don't allow pets. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

just dont tell them. I had a dog in my old apartment for a year that I wasnt supposed to have. A cat would be even easier to hide.

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Alternately, you can just approach the landlord and cut them a deal--say, here's a pet deposit and make sure your cat doesn't damage the property. This is the beauty of renting from individuals instead of property management companies.

kerssens
05-20-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm the exact opposite. I can't sleep with someone hangin all over me.

kerssens
05-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Just lie in bed, flip the switch....bzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzz...and 10 minutes later you should fall right to sleep /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gorie
05-20-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just lie in bed, flip the switch....bzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzz...and 10 minutes later you should fall right to sleep /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
!!!

loudog
05-20-2005, 12:25 AM
oh, why ?

i dunno. i was just being a jerk. trying to make friends.

SomethingClever
05-20-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like dogs

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

You're making Ash sad.

http://geocities.com/hankuppercut/ash.jpg

gorie
05-20-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like dogs

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

You're making Ash sad.

http://geocities.com/hankuppercut/ash.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
omg he wants to eat me

SomethingClever
05-20-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
omg he wants to cuddle me

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't like humans smothering me in my sleep, but there is always more room for dogs. Learn to like dogs. Cats are great, but they squirm and scratch when you roll over onto them. Dogs just push back.

34TheTruth34
05-20-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
omg he wants to cuddle me then eat me

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Dex
05-20-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Repeating yourself is really, really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-20-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
The downside to this is you freak the hell out whenever he starts barking at something that you can't see.

Hermlord
05-20-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cats are great, but they squirm and scratch when you roll over onto them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They think you should be more grateful that they let you sleep in their bed.

peachy
05-20-2005, 02:04 AM
something similar happened to me but i wasnt scared i had just gotten used to someone being there...when i broke up with a bf of 3 yrs it was rough sleeping alone. First all mah guy friends took turns sleepin with me...i didnt ask them to they just did and sometimes two or three of them would sleep in the bed. Eventually i had to not let people anymore cause i needed to get over it (i wouldnt even let mah gfs sleep with me for a LONG time) but basically what i did was i started sleeping at the bottom of the bed with my head at the foot...and to this day i still do it LOL and im now know for it...its mah trademark!! Sleeping this way originated from that and the fact that i lived with 3 guys who always could bust in the door and either jump on me and hump me hold me down and pour water on me, etc. So sleeping at the foot of the bed i heard them comin in better aided by mardi gras beads around the door knob /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yes yes...im weird...but memorable!! even if in a bad way!!

somethingstupid
05-20-2005, 02:21 AM
hold me

The Yugoslavian
05-20-2005, 03:14 AM
My ex/gf always felt the same way about sleeping alone in a house. Having a dog helped her but wasn't always enough. It certainly was a plus to me in the sense that she always wanted me close by when she slept, but I knew it was a frustrating and (the times she slept alone somewhere) scary for her.

She's been able to relax and feel more comfortable alone the more often she experiences being in her apartment without her roommate or going on a trip by herself somewhere....but she still struggles with it sometimes.

She was never worried about ghosts or monsters just about like serial killers and/or being alone if the house was robbed and stuff. For whatever reason it is important for her to not have to face such situations alone even though she knows they are *very* unlikely and that having another person there won't even practically help all that much.

Can you read a book (that doesn't have too much scary stuff - maybe a *gasp* poker book!) while in bed before you sleep? Or maybe watch TV until you're too tired to distract urself with worrisome thoughts?

Anyway, gl with conquering your sleeping home alone difficulties.

Yugoslav

Fabian
05-20-2005, 03:48 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
something similar happened to me but i wasnt scared i had just gotten used to someone being there...when i broke up with a bf of 3 yrs it was rough sleeping alone. First all mah guy friends took turns sleepin with me...i didnt ask them to they just did and sometimes two or three of them would sleep in the bed. Eventually i had to not let people anymore cause i needed to get over it (i wouldnt even let mah gfs sleep with me for a LONG time) but basically what i did was i started sleeping at the bottom of the bed with my head at the foot...and to this day i still do it LOL and im now know for it...its mah trademark!! Sleeping this way originated from that and the fact that i lived with 3 guys who always could bust in the door and either jump on me and hump me hold me down and pour water on me, etc. So sleeping at the foot of the bed i heard them comin in better aided by mardi gras beads around the door knob /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yes yes...im weird...but memorable!! even if in a bad way!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so very very funny.

Peachy fwiw I love you, please don't ever change.

daryn
05-20-2005, 03:51 AM
listen, where do you live? i will come over and do the deed if i must

DougOzzzz
05-20-2005, 04:05 AM
I sleep MUCH better alone than with someone else. In fact, when I go to sleep, I like to imagine myself completely isolated from the world. I turn on a loud fan which drowns out any outside noise - I completely block out any light making my room pitch black. And if anyone disturbs me I totally flip out and kill them. Oddly enough, I am single.

2+2 wannabe
05-20-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg he wants to cuddle me then eat me

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

Shoe
05-20-2005, 05:15 AM
I used to always hate cats until one of my roommates in collge got one. I like them now, but still like dogs better.

TimM
05-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Cats always claw my shirts and [censored] them up. I'd like them more if not for that. Dogs are the best though.

SGS
05-20-2005, 05:21 AM
Just get really drunk and pass out. That way you don't have enough sense to worry about ghosts.

SGS

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 10:04 AM
This was a surprise. I really expected to see 36 replies offering to come sleep with her.

SCfuji
05-20-2005, 10:06 AM
1-800-BSTLITY