PDA

View Full Version : Turn decison x 2

adamstewart
05-19-2005, 09:34 PM
** Read here was fairly worthless. Just assume unknown 5/10 6 max player **

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ???

I often find myself in situations such as these.

Generally, after the flop raise, I like to just call with the intent of leading the turn if it's a blank (like I did here). My rationale: he could very well be on overcards and I don't want to give up a free turn card.

Then, however, when I get raised on the turn, I don't think that folding is correct, because I have drawing odds to improve. (Plus, I still may be ahead, imo).

Suggestion on all streets appreciated....

Adam

billyjex
05-19-2005, 09:54 PM
if he has overcards I will just 3-bet the flop and lead. I just don't do the stop N go, honestly. people will pull [censored] like this because they think you're going for the pot and it's not fun.

adamstewart
05-19-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't do the stop N go, honestly. people will pull [censored] like this because they think you're going for the pot and it's not fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not that I'm going for the pot.

it's that I feel there's a strong chance I have the best hand, and if so, I don't want him checking the turn through with overcards....

Edit: by 3-betting the flop, villain still has proper odds to draw with overcards.

Adam

wackjob
05-19-2005, 10:09 PM
check/call(with the intention of folding the river if unimproved) or check/fold the turn. I think you are behind, and I also think your outs are tainted.

adamstewart
05-19-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also think your outs are tainted.

[/ QUOTE ]

ewww..... please explain how, exactly?

Adam

cab4656
05-19-2005, 11:31 PM
The opponent raised three limpers from the big blind. That's a pretty big sign of strength. But we've flopped something, so we have to get involved. I would also have bet into the PFR to attempt to blow away the field. That happened. Since that worked, I'm content to check and call the rest of the way. Betting the river and folding to a raise might be the best river play, but personally I can't bring myself to do it too often because I worry about being bluffed.