PDA

View Full Version : Man eaten by lions. Is this real ?

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Ok, some people wanted me to post this so here it is. This is an extremely adult video. I nearly needed counseling after watching this.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1511709/_Faces_of_Death__-_Man_Eaten_By_Lions__REAL_.mpeg.html

pshreck
05-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Link doesnt lead to a video or download. What do I do?

scott8
05-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Fix the link.

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Click the link. Then go to the bottom and click on "free" then go to the bottom again and you will see the Timer count down from 60 seconds. Once 60 seconds is over, you will see the download link and right click and "save as" and there you go.

kenberman
05-19-2005, 09:24 PM
link is fine. you need to 'get in line' to download, by clicking on a link at the bottom.

as for the video, I stopped watching midway through.

pshreck
05-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks.

By the way, have you seen the faces of death videos, or just this one clip. They have some crazy stuff on them.

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 09:25 PM
doubtfull at first, the lion fighting off the other convinced me

pshreck
05-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh thiiiiis video. Definetly fake. I think every other death on Faces of Death 1 were fake too.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
It has Faces of Death in the title. Some of the kids here have watched it and said it's very disturbing. Any of you seen it and is it worth watching?

TimTimSalabim
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Scroll down to the bottom and click on the FREE button.

Why is the camera person so concerned about getting good reaction shots from the other people? Smells of a fake.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 09:29 PM
meh, wont DL for me....oh well, ill prolly sleep better at night if I dont ever watch it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ive heard all the faces of death stuff is faked tho

IggyWH
05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I say completely fake...

No one throws [censored] at the lion, the dude keeps filming the other dude getting [censored] up (and adds in shots of the guys family? crying and screaming).

Also, they have 2 cars yet no one tries using the car to hit the lion? Total BS.

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
How did they fake it ? Computer graphics ? True, no one used the car to stop it but the guy was nearly dead after a few seconds.

AviD
05-19-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doubtfull at first, the lion fighting off the other convinced me

[/ QUOTE ]

When that lion lunged at the other, it certainly looked like genuine aggression defending a kill.

But other parts of the video, the lions are just like pawing on him. Normally a lion with go right for the throat and not let go until the prey is dead and gets dragged off.

But lions are also reknown for "playing" with their prey and cruely torturing them before actually killing them. Perhaps thats what they were doing with him...

I didn't see this guy take any teeth to the throat or neck, more so just get rolled over and nawed at on the arms. But there is blood apparent, hard to tell.

I'm not convinced one way or the other...

tbach24
05-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Awwwww, soo cute! They're playing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I say completely fake...

No one throws [censored] at the lion, the dude keeps filming the other dude getting [censored] up (and adds in shots of the guys family? crying and screaming).

Also, they have 2 cars yet no one tries using the car to hit the lion? Total BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was clearly edited, but I don't think that neccessarilly disproves it though. It is only natural to look at other's reactions, he just happened to have a camera in front of his face. Also, the family's reactions could have been after a few minutes of mauling, mixed in for effect.

Oh yeah, please explain to me how you run down the lions without running over the guy.

TimTimSalabim
05-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Who knows? Fake blood and a zoo trainer with a twisted sense of humor? Notice the camerawork is very very jerky (intentionally I'd say) when showing the lions "attacking".

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who knows? Fake blood and a zoo trainer with a twisted sense of humor? Notice the camerawork is very very jerky (intentionally I'd say) when showing the lions "attacking".

[/ QUOTE ]

how steady would your hand be watching some guy get mauled by a lion

theredpill5
I think it is real. I can usually spot computer graphics. I can see something like this happening. Personal Video cameras have been around for at least 25 years. I can see it happening eventually. I watched it about 5 times and I've voting for real.

Eihli
You think a lion would just ignore the car when it gets close?

TimTimSalabim
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I wouldn't take time to carefully zoom in on family reactions.

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
This location seems to be popular with tourist. Maybe the lions had gotten used to cars.

Voltron87
05-19-2005, 09:47 PM
i would be surprised if that was real.

Eihli
05-19-2005, 09:50 PM
No, I was asking the question to point out that you don't have to run over the lions to get them off the guy, just drive the car near the lions and they'll leave the guy alone and pay attention to this giant loud chunk of god knows what.

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I wouldn't take time to carefully zoom in on family reactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? It wasn't continuos. For all you know these shots were taken after a couple of minutes of grusome violence, edited into a nice 30 second package. I don't think that's too much of a stretch. Secondly, it WASN'T you filming. I'm sure many people would film anything and everything that had to do with that event.

Blarg
05-19-2005, 09:53 PM
A man can punch through a windshield. I don't think anyone on this forum would have the balls to tackle multiple lions, car or no car.

IggyWH
05-19-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, please explain to me how you run down the lions without running over the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since they were so close, they wouldn't run over the lion, they would just use the car as a big ram.

...and who cares if you run over the guy. Is it better to run him over trying to help him or watching him die from lions tearing the shyt out of him.

Blarg
05-19-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would be surprised if that was real.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be surprised if it were real if it were a couple of college kids in the video.

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I was asking the question to point out that you don't have to run over the lions to get them off the guy, just drive the car near the lions and they'll leave the guy alone and pay attention to this giant loud chunk of god knows what.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna assume you would have to be moving rather quickly and stop quite suddenly and VERY close to have any effect on them at all.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Did that vid really bother you that much? (For the sake of my argument, just accept the video as true). Granted the man's getting brutally murdered and you're watching it, people get killed every day. Lots of them. There are some REALLY messed up statistics about people getting killed in drunk driving accidents per hour and other really bad statistics, and that's what makes me say WOW. Magnitudes are what bother me, not the actual process.

IggyWH
05-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Okay, if you don't like the car idea...

You don't think that lion would stop if the other guy gunned the camera at it's head and hit it? How about one of the many people throwing [censored] at the same time?

You don't think the lion would be startled if someone leaned on the horn?

People underestimate the power and speed ones brain has. You say the guy was attacked and was down in a few seconds and I say your brain could go through millions of things to do during those few seconds... yet no one did crap is just total BS.

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did that vid really bother you that much? (For the sake of my argument, just accept the video as true). Granted the man's getting brutally murdered and you're watching it, people get killed every day. Lots of them. There are some REALLY messed up statistics about people getting killed in drunk driving accidents per hour and other really bad statistics, and that's what makes me say WOW. Magnitudes are what bother me, not the actual process.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I was kidding. I was drinking Pepsi and eating potato chips while watching it. Good times.

billyjex
05-19-2005, 10:03 PM
fake!

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I'd rather get shot in the head with a shotgun than be eaten by a lion. This has to be among the top 10 worst ways to die.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I was kidding. I was drinking Pepsi and eating potato chips while watching it. Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not pleasant, I'm just saying that it's not really that significant. It's one dude, a long time ago, doing a job in which there are risks, and recieving the low end of the varience. It's unfortunate, but I'm sure it happens from time to time.

ThaSaltCracka
05-19-2005, 10:08 PM
yeah, I saw this probably 5 years ago, and I am pretty sure its fake, they have multiple camera angles and [censored]. Anyways, they all look like a bunch of dumb europeans.

-Skeme-
I had a version a while ago with audio. Seemed real. I don't remember this being on Faces of Death, but I've only seen the original. The original is 100% fake. The only real scenes are stock footage of scenes after a crime and the slaughterhouse stuff.

stanky
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna assume you would have to be moving rather quickly and stop quite suddenly and VERY close to have any effect on them at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't watched the video but I would imagine a lion would be easily scared off by a car coming towards it, at slow speed, while honking the horn.

tbach24
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather get shot in the head with a shotgun than be eaten by a lion. This has to be among the top 10 worst ways to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Perfect Storm by Sebastian Yungur (sp?). The way he details drowning, you'll never want to go near water again.

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 10:11 PM
I think it would take a hell of alot more to scare away a pack of blood-thirsty lions that are probably quite comfortable around humans, than anything you could do or conceieve of. Keep in mind that this video is only 30 seconds long. There is a whole lot we're not seeing here. Maybe they did try using the car. Who knows?
I can't understand why you think this scenereo is so far out of the realm of possibility.

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, if you don't like the car idea...

You don't think that lion would stop if the other guy gunned the camera at it's head and hit it? How about one of the many people throwing [censored] at the same time?

You don't think the lion would be startled if someone leaned on the horn?

People underestimate the power and speed ones brain has. You say the guy was attacked and was down in a few seconds and I say your brain could go through millions of things to do during those few seconds... yet no one did crap is just total BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever hear of deer and other animals getting frozen in the headlights instead of fleeing? Same thing happens to people in the same situation.

These things happen on animal levels, not the level of higher brain functions. Believe it, you're no better than any animal when something like that happens, and probably much, much worse. Terror, tunnel vision, and irrational reactions are going to be playing a big role. Rational talk of what you surely could and would do couldn't possibly carry any less weight. The you who is talking now has almost nothing to do with THAT you down there who's suddenly startled and deeply in entirely unfamiliar shyt.

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I would say the biggest piece of evidence to indicate this video being fake would be how the animals treat the guy. They just toy with him. Every time you see footage of a lion killing it's prey they go nuts and rip them apart. These look like trained lions. Bah.

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Agreed. That book was absolutely great for that. There was another even better one on the incident that was the original inspiration for Moby Dick, where a big whale really did smash a whaling ship to pieces, and the survivors crossed huge stretches of ocean and finally wound up eating each other. Wish I could remember the name, but it's probably my favorite book read in years and years. Incredible description of the effects of starvation, mental and physical, etc.

Anyway, Junger's descriptions of the staggering power of waves, and boats plunging deep under monstrous seas and fighting to right themselves and surface, etc., is really great stuff. I wished there was a hell of a lot more of it.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. That book was absolutely great for that. There was another even better one on the incident that was the original inspiration for Moby Dick, where a big whale really did smash a whaling ship to pieces, and the survivors crossed huge stretches of ocean and finally wound up eating each other. Wish I could remember the name, but it's probably my favorite book read in years and years. Incredible description of the effects of starvation, mental and physical, etc.

Anyway, Junger's descriptions of the staggering power of waves, and boats plunging deep under monstrous seas and fighting to right themselves and surface, etc., is really great stuff. I wished there was a hell of a lot more of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard about the book you're talking about. Intense stuff. Shackleton's voyage is the most amazing thing I've ever read about sea stuff. Yunger is speaking at my schools graduation this year because he's the uncle of one of the kids here.

Nottom
[ QUOTE ]
A man can punch through a windshield. I don't think anyone on this forum would have the balls to tackle multiple lions, car or no car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever actually tried to punch through the window in a car?

I don't know if the windshield is less strong than a side window, but we broke out one of the back windows in my car once after locking the keys in it at a rest stop in the middle of the night. We used a large rock and it wasn't easy.

I'd imagine most people would break their hands long before breaking the window.

SpearsBritney
[ QUOTE ]
I would say the biggest piece of evidence to indicate this video being fake would be how the animals treat the guy. They just toy with him. Every time you see footage of a lion killing it's prey they go nuts and rip them apart. These look like trained lions. Bah.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be because most wild animals put up a hell of a better fight than any human could.

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 10:24 PM
The windshield is a LOT stronger than the side windows.

TimTimSalabim
05-19-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an explanation for that at the end. They just wanted his cool camera /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

-Skeme-
That makes no sense.

-Skeme-
That makes sense.

stanky
05-19-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it looks like a trainer rolling around with his pet lions. The part at the end where the lion lunges at the other lion looks real but all you would have to do to get those shots is replace the trainer with a deer carcass draped in the same clothing. It's fake

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0141001828/qid=1116555764/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-5708906-8151868

In the Heart of the Sea. Incredible read. I read it over again twice right after having read it the first time!

Here's a quick bit from one of the reviews on Amazon:

[ QUOTE ]
The appeal of Dava Sobel's Longitude was, in part, that it illuminated a little-known piece of history through a series of captivating incidents and engaging personalities. Nathaniel Philbrick's In the Heart of the Sea is certainly cast from the same mold, examining the 19th-century Pacific whaling industry through the arc of the sinking of the whaleship Essex by a boisterous sperm whale. The story that inspired Herman Melville's classic Moby-Dick has a lot going for it--derring-do, cannibalism, rescue--and Philbrick proves an amiable and well-informed narrator, providing both context and detail. We learn about the importance and mechanics of blubber production--a vital source of oil--and we get the nuts and bolts of harpooning and life aboard whalers. We are spared neither the nitty-gritty of open boats nor the sucking of human bones dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're only going to read one book on crazed sperm whales destroying entire ships, nightmarish storms on open boats, and cannibalism this summer, make it this one!

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a lion use more force than neccessary to take down a man. They would have no choice but to "go nuts" on a wild animal. Makes perfect sense to me.

stanky
05-19-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The windshield is a LOT stronger than the side windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A car wind shield is made up of a layer of plastic sandwiched between two pieces of glass. The reason is so that when it breaks it stays in one piece. The other windows of the car are just made of tempered glass which will break into pieces .

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if the windshield is less strong than a side window, but we broke out one of the back windows in my car once after locking the keys in it at a rest stop in the middle of the night. We used a large rock and it wasn't easy.

I'd imagine most people would break their hands long before breaking the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend's husband got arrested for doing it to a neighbor who was playing his car stereo too loud. One punch, right through the front windshield. His hand was fine after. He's a big dude. The guy turned his stereo down.

The main point though is that a lion is one hell of a lot stronger than a man, and a hundred times scarier. I've been on Lion Country Safari, and believe me, you don't really feel all that safe in a car around lions. They could bust a window open without half thinking about it. We're all heroes and saints on paper, but I'm always happy to call bullshyt on that.

I bet tons of us would angrily insist they'd be a hero and charge lions in this situation, but my guess is one out of a hundred of them would actually back up their words with action. Lions are hella scary. And humans are hella full of crap.

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Yep. That's why when a side window gets hit it shatters and the windshield spiderwebs.

[ QUOTE ]
Why would a lion use more force than neccessary to take down a man. They would have no choice but to "go nuts" on a wild animal. Makes perfect sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a matter of using more or less force. It's a matter of the lion's actual agenda. When it's stalking it's prey, I would assume it's agenda is to kill and eat them. When lion's are hunting their dinner, they attack very violently and kill them quick, then eat. Not roll around and play grabass.

stanky
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend's husband got arrested for doing it to a neighbor who was playing his car stereo too loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe

[ QUOTE ]
One punch, right through the front windshield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it.

[ QUOTE ]
His hand was fine after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly doubt it.

[ QUOTE ]
He's a big dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. If he was able to punch through the windshield his hand would be mangled no matter how big he is.

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I really don't buy that windshield story. I've seen people smash out windshields with baseball bats and it took more than a few swings to break through big portions and create large holes.

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My friend's husband got arrested for doing it to a neighbor who was playing his car stereo too loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe

[ QUOTE ]
One punch, right through the front windshield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it.

[ QUOTE ]
His hand was fine after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly doubt it.

[ QUOTE ]
He's a big dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. If he was able to punch through the windshield his hand would be mangled no matter how big he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who on earth do you imagine could POSSIBLY give a [censored] on what you do or do not doubt?

Yours was truly an assinine and worthless response. Get over yourself. You don't define reality at your leisure and according to your preferences, and neither do I. At least I know it, though.

What a consummate idiot.

stanky
05-19-2005, 10:53 PM
I can't decide which is more fake: The lion attack or the windshield story

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Since it's outside your experience, like it's outside Stanky's, I think we can safely redefine reality accordingly. After all, it's what YOU know that counts.

Let me know the next time you two Jesuses turn water into wine or otherwise exhibit supernatural knowledge and abilities.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop drinking the haterade. Besides the whole bloodless thing, it definetly could've happened. A little rock that flies off a cliff can put a crack in your windshield, why couldn't a fist break through it? Seriously, STFU

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Your perception that you know things you know nothing about.

Blarg
05-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Just a note -- I didn't say he wasn't bloody, just that his hand was fine. I meant he didn't break any bones.

stanky
05-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Did you SEE the husband of your friend punch through a windshield with one punch?

Don't bother answering because I know the answer is no.Your an idiot for trying to prove your windshield theory by saying "a friend of a friend blah blah blah"

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since it's outside your experience, like it's outside Stanky's, I think we can safely redefine reality accordingly. After all, it's what YOU know that counts.

Let me know the next time you two Jesuses turn water into wine or otherwise exhibit supernatural knowledge and abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle down, wuss.

[ QUOTE ]
A little rock that flies off a cliff can put a crack in your windshield, why couldn't a fist break through it? Seriously, STFU

[/ QUOTE ]

A little rock might cause a ding. That's it. You're crazy if you can't see the difference between punching through a windshield and a rock causing a little crack. Either way, I don't really care. If Blarg saw it than he saw it, he has no reason to lie. I just don't think it's really possible.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a note -- I didn't say he wasn't bloody, just that his hand was fine. I meant he didn't break any bones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I can definetly buy the story.

stanky
05-19-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A little rock that flies off a cliff can put a crack in your windshield, why couldn't a fist break through it? Seriously, STFU

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that a rock only cracking a windshield and not passing through it proves my point.

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 11:19 PM
WTF happened to this thread.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing that happens to 99% of OOT threads, it got hi-jacked

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RACIST

Alobar
05-19-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a complete opposite experience. In the middle of the night on a deserted stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. I pulled over to take a piss and accidently locked myself out of the car, with the engine running. My only option was to break a window. So I tookmy shirt off, wrapped it around my first, and punched in a side window. It broke incredibly easy. I think a windshield or a rear window may be different, but a side window is pretty easy to bust, at least in my experience.

stanky
05-19-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I started a new thread about whether a man could punch through a windshield it would just be filled with posts about how much of a douche bag I am. No hard feelings tbach and blarg. Good night

nothumb
05-20-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I have.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you drive a tank or you are a giant pussy.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. I've seen it done. I have also knocked out several windows with a single elbow shot or easily with a single kick.

A windshield, however, is usually a bit harder. I have kicked a windshield in before and if you want to do it without falling through and cutting up your leg, it takes some serious balance. From the inside a strong guy can break through - but not shatter it - in only a handful of kicks. Windshield glass is very hard to shatter.

NT

InchoateHand
05-20-2005, 12:39 AM
I believe I saw you do something similar to Sam's old Celica, no?

nothumb
05-20-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe I saw you do something similar to Sam's old Celica, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the windows we didn't shoot out got punched or kicked in. Good times. I still have that stereo, it won't fit in my truck.

NT