PDA

View Full Version : Steak and lobster

tbach24
05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
We had steak tonight and I remembered seansolo's post about lobster so I decided to voice my opinion about them; they suck.

Discuss

Also, is that an innapropriate (sp?) use of the semi-colon (sp?)?

miajag81
05-19-2005, 08:57 PM
I like lobster.

It should be a colon, not a semicolon.

gorie
05-19-2005, 10:06 PM
i love steak, yum.

i've never had lobster. i don't like seafood so i probably wouldn't like it.

what does eating steak have to do with lobster though?

peachy
05-19-2005, 10:08 PM
i hate steak but i love lobster

peachy
05-19-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

surf and turf??? guess u dont get out much

ThaSaltCracka
05-19-2005, 10:09 PM
your opinion on food is horrible.

Non_Comformist
05-19-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate steak

[/ QUOTE ]

In all forms?

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both foods people overrate. Fish is amazing. Most shellfish aren't. I only like shrimp and scallops, and I am not even sure that scallops are shellfish. Steak sucks, as does most red meat.

ThaSaltCracka
05-19-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both foods people overrate. Fish is amazing. Most shellfish aren't. I only like shrimp and scallops, and I am not even sure that scallops are shellfish. Steak sucks, as does most red meat.

[/ QUOTE ]really, just stop talking.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your opinion on food is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

NNNNNNNNNNNOPE

ThaSaltCracka
05-19-2005, 10:13 PM
see above post.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing that is good about either. Lobster is just a lot of work to get to something that tastes alright, whereas steak just really isn't good.

Stuff that is good: white fishes, pizza, turkey, chicken, pizza, chocolate, brownies, cookies, etc. oh yeah and pizza

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Steak = awesome
Lobster = cockroach of the sea

ThaSaltCracka
05-19-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing that is good about either. Lobster is just a lot of work to get to something that tastes alright, whereas steak just really isn't good.

Stuff that is good: white fishes, pizza, turkey, chicken, pizza, chocolate, brownies, cookies, etc. oh yeah and pizza

[/ QUOTE ]really just stop talking.

Eurotrash
05-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Steak and lobster (tailmeat only, for me) both kick ass, I think you're a bit off on this one /images/graemlins/blush.gif

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Steak and lobster (tailmeat only, for me) both kick ass, I think you're a bit off on this one /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you only eat the tailmeat?

A. That's worse than the claw
B. That's literally no food at all!

Anyways, I am right.

gorie
[ QUOTE ]
surf and turf??? guess u dont get out much

[/ QUOTE ]
oh right, that makes sense. it wasn't an automatic connection since to me those things have never gone together.

and no, i don't really go out much, at least not to places that have references to "surf n turf". when i do go out to eat it's to the same places where i'd rather have a burger than a cheap steak.

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hate steak

[/ QUOTE ]

In all forms?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes in all EATING forms...i hate red meat...ill eat it on rare occasions...this is gonna sound silly - but it has a very metalish taste to me so i cant stomach it well (from the blood, etc in it) When u dont eat something alot u become more sensitive to the way it tastes and even more so since i was sensitive to most foods in the 1st place

ethan
05-19-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
discuss

[/ QUOTE ]
Lobster is good. I'm not really sure how anyone could dislike it, in fact.

That semi-colon should be a colon.

ethan
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Guess you're just a lost cause.

NiceCatch
05-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I love tailmeat.

Oh... we're talking about lobster. Yeah, I love that too.

Non_Comformist
05-19-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hate steak

[/ QUOTE ]

In all forms?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes in all EATING forms

[/ QUOTE ]

Even tube steak?

NiceCatch
05-19-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Steak = awesome
Lobster = cockroach of the sea

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously? I have tons of roaches in my apartment! GF and I are eating good tonight. Booyah!

Eurotrash
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyways, I am right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe you're eating tailless lobsters... because I'm fairly certain the tail contains the most meat in the entire beast -- at least the lobster tails I've eaten.

What exactly tastes good to your palate? spaghetti-os??

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyways, I am right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe you're eating tailless lobsters... because I'm fairly certain the tail contains the most meat in the entire beast -- at least the lobster tails I've eaten.

What exactly tastes good to your palette? spaghetti-os??

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the lobsters up here and Maine and they have a lot of meat, but it is tough and I prefer the claw's softer meat. Also, you have to wash off all that green crap. I just think it's too much work for something that really isn't that good. I love spaghettio's. I actually made a post about them once and Ray Zee made fun of me for it. lol. I like most fish, shrimp, white meats, etc. I also like things loaded in carbs /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PensiveBeaver
05-19-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Steak = awesome
Lobster = Delicious cockroach of the sea

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Brain
05-19-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DavidC
05-19-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We had steak tonight and I remembered seansolo's post about lobster so I decided to voice my opinion about them; they suck.

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

That semicolon was so perfect it brought a tear to my eye.

Excuse me for a moment.

Eurotrash
05-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow, you're from Maine and you don't like lobster? I'm surprised you haven't been run out of town /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
05-19-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you're from Maine and you don't like lobster? I'm surprised you haven't been run out of town /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to school here. I've only had it twice and both times were this year. It was a nuisence to eat both times. We have steak too much, and fish rarely. SFG!

BottlesOf
05-19-2005, 11:25 PM
You are a fool.

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 09:12 AM
I like lobster but like 90% of the places overcook it. It's also too messy and too much work at a restaurant. It's awesome if you snorkel for them yourself though and boil them over a fire on the beach with some Jimmy Buffett playing and beer or umbrella drinks.

chaas4747
05-20-2005, 09:23 AM
I had Steak and Lobster at dinner last night. Yummy stuff.

Lazymeatball
05-20-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you say you like fish, except for when it's shellfish, then you say you like shrimp and scallops. SHRIMP and SCALLOPS are shellfish. Why do you keep contradiciting yourself in a single post? How can you like shrimp and not lobster, lobster is just one big shrimp.

And if you don't like steak, then you've never had good steak. And I don't even have super high standards for steak, just some piece of meat you grill yourself, none of that Applebee's crap.

Back to lobster, if you've only had it a couple times, that might explain why you're not a huge fan, it's a lot of work and your never full afterwards. But the work is part of the fun. I find it's best to get lobster from some roadside fish and chip shop in a region near the ocean like Maine or Cape Cod, since after all, it's not like some fancy restauraunt is going to do a better job at boiling it for you, and trying to stay clean and civilized at a restauraunt is annoying.

nothumb
05-20-2005, 11:12 AM
A semi-colon is used when making two related but independent points that could easily be split into two sentences. For instance:

Your opinions on food suck; your taste buds are clearly dominated by your vagina. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just an example. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

NT

tbach24
05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you say you like fish, except for when it's shellfish, then you say you like shrimp and scallops. SHRIMP and SCALLOPS are shellfish. Why do you keep contradiciting yourself in a single post? How can you like shrimp and not lobster, lobster is just one big shrimp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I made it pretty clear that scallops and shrimp were the only shellfish I liked.

[ QUOTE ]
Back to lobster, if you've only had it a couple times, that might explain why you're not a huge fan, it's a lot of work and your never full afterwards. But the work is part of the fun. I find it's best to get lobster from some roadside fish and chip shop in a region near the ocean like Maine or Cape Cod, since after all, it's not like some fancy restauraunt is going to do a better job at boiling it for you, and trying to stay clean and civilized at a restauraunt is annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both times I've had lobster, it's been in ME.

Clarkmeister
05-20-2005, 11:45 AM
See, you just need to eat lobster in places where all the work is basically done for you. I've never ever had lobster where I felt it was much effort. Now crab is a lot of work.

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See, you just need to eat lobster in places where all the work is basically done for you. I've never ever had lobster where I felt it was much effort. Now crab is a lot of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't eat crab in a restaurant either. But at home where I don't mind being a pig and sucking the juice off my fingers, etc. it's awesome! I really prefer crab to lobster given my druthers.

IndieMatty
05-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Aren't you 17? You're too young to appreciate the good stuff.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't eat crab in a restaurant either. But at home where I don't mind being a pig and sucking the juice off my fingers, etc. it's awesome! I really prefer crab to lobster =given my druthers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might agree on this. Good lobster is excellent. But if I had to choose one, I'd probably go crab too. Lobster is a bit overrated.

tbach24
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you 17? You're too young to appreciate the good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I recently just starting liking vegetables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Toro
05-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Lobster used to be the ultimate peasant food. 100 years ago the upper class wouldn't touch it. It was so plentiful that it was served to prisoners on a daily basis who came to loathe it.

I personally love it. We took the whole family out for Mothers Day and my brother's step daughter to be, about 13 years old asked if she could get the lobster which was quite expensive(that's why she asked I guess). Her mother said she could and she ordered it.

I ordered the schrod and was really bummed out when everyones meals arrived. The baked stuffed lobster looked great and I had this crummy piece of fish while the 13 year old got this sumptious lobster.

The thing was huge so I leaned over and whispered "Amanda, are you going to eat all that?" and she nodded yes and smiled. Well a half hour later, I check out Amanda's plate and she's eaten all the stuffing and nothing else. She gives me a look and then asks if I want the lobster. What the heck you talking about Amanda, you haven't eaten any of it, I say. She tells me she really doesn't like the lobster itself, just the stuffing and sends the plate over.

Yesss!!!

Toro
05-20-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We should definitely listen to you since you're such an expert except that you don't even know that scallops come out of a shell which I think makes them shellfish.

tbach24
05-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Stop drinking the
http://www.chaoticconcepts.com/haterade2.gif

Toro
05-20-2005, 01:06 PM
funny

istewart
05-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Lobster is awesome, as is steak. You're far off here.

Nottom
05-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I love steak, I don't see what the fuss is about lobster. Its ok but its not really worth the price for me.

Maybe if I lived somewhere (New England?) where I could get lobsters relatively cheep, I would eat it more.

BruinEric
05-20-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love spaghettio's.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny timing. Just recently I came up Spaghettios as an example when talking to people about how palates change and mature over time.

The ol' standby of coffee as that example has become boring, so Spaghettios is the perfect replacement.

When I was a youth, I loved Spaghettios and all the Chef Boyardee stuff. Now I can't even choke it down. It is the perfect example of bad food.

We served up some Chef Boyardee ravioli to my kids the other day and they love it. Sometimes if they leave a scrap or two, I might nosh -- for example on a chicken nugget or fish stick. But when they have scraps of leftover ravioli, it goes straight in the trashcan.

stabn
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love steak, yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stabn
05-20-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to school here. I've only had it twice and both times were this year. It was a nuisence to eat both times. We have steak too much, and fish rarely. SFG!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to a nice restaraunt and get filet mignon w/ a lobster tail and then come back and bump this thread.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-21-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur; lobsters are not for eating.

Semi-colons are used to separate two complete sentences instead of a period. The semi-colon is used for effect; it shows that the two ideas are related, yet each can stand alone. Generally, you stick a semi-colon in somewhere to make an idea stand out, the same reason you would use dashes or exclamation marks. You have the effect of reiterating an idea without being annoyingly redundant.

In your case, the semi-colon works because the two ideas expressed are indeed complete sentences on their own yet are related to one another; the punctuation adds interest. However, as mentioned earlier, the plain, old colon works just fine there, too. And the colon has the same effect - draws attention.

But beware, the semi-colon can be over-used, as demonstrated. It will result in hyper-punctuation that serves only to advertise a pompous, pretentious and pedantic writer, for example, a person whose persuasion is to perfect pointless periodicity, that is, to alliterate.

And yes, inappropriate was spelled wrong. Way to entice the grammar whores lurking on 2+2.

Otis

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 01:38 AM
i /images/graemlins/heart.gif you. that was beautiful.

Lazymeatball
05-21-2005, 03:31 AM
BruinEric,

I just feel the need to step in and say that Spaghettios are made by FrancoAmerican and are served in a tomato cheese sauce that is far superior to Chef Boyardee's meat sauce, which is gross. The trick to Spaghettios is to add your own seasonings and a touch of tabasco sauce.

Dead
05-21-2005, 03:32 AM
Yes steak and lobster is great. I like Delmonico steaks with a good Red Lobster dinner.