PDA

View Full Version : Do women really like Axe bodyspray ?

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
I don't have a girlfriend and women generally don't like me. So I just wondered if women really do dig that cheap body spray that they advertise all the time ? Anyone have any experience of being made fun of after wearing it or something ? My brother wears it but he isn't popular with the women, either so I can't ask him. Seems to me women would know the size of your bank account if you are wearing that.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Being good smelling is important, but you probably want it to be a product of hygene as opposed to trying to hard with that sort of stuff.

A_C_Slater
05-19-2005, 08:19 PM
You've actually been influenced by those commercials? I'm sure it's the same as any other body spray.

Consume.

ClaytonN
05-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Women are going to be unattracted to you in general if you don't practice good hygiene.

We're not talking metrosexual, but FFS just wear some good cologne and use some products here and there. And dress good.

[ QUOTE ]
women generally don't like me

[/ QUOTE ]

All the good colognes and sprays in the world will not change the above fact. If you're an [censored] or an idiot around women, it doesn't matter how good you look, dress, or maintain yourself, you are getting zero booty.

JackWilson
05-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Ok maybe things work a bit different down here. We have Axe (formerly called Ego) deodorant/anti-perspirant. You call it a "cheap body spray." Please clarify. What do Americans put on in the mornings after coming out of the shower and putting on clothes? Nothing? Expensive (think Calvin Klein or Hugo Boss or some [censored] like that) deodorant?

BTW, the fact that women generally don't like you is certainly not going to be fixed by Axe or any other product (besides maybe Roofinex).

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Product placement is getting worse. In one of the levels of Slpinter Cell Chaos Theory, you pass by a huge glowing billboard advertizing Axe body spray. Pathetic.

theredpill5
05-19-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do Americans put on in the mornings after coming out of the shower and putting on clothes? Nothing? Expensive (think Calvin Klein or Hugo Boss or some [censored] like that) deodorant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm currently using Gillette Cool wave Cleargel anti-perspirant. I'm not really into cologne. I'm not a jerk to women, I'm just ugly. LOL. I used to think I was somewhat attractive, but now I realize that I was wrong, I'm ugly.

bisonbison
05-19-2005, 08:35 PM
The Axe commercials are made for comedic effect and to fool idiots.

If girls don't like you it's cause you're not a likeable person.

Set your hand on fire.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok maybe things work a bit different down here. We have Axe (formerly called Ego) deodorant/anti-perspirant. You call it a "cheap body spray." Please clarify. What do Americans put on in the mornings after coming out of the shower and putting on clothes? Nothing? Expensive (think Calvin Klein or Hugo Boss or some [censored] like that) deodorant?

BTW, the fact that women generally don't like you is certainly not going to be fixed by Axe or any other product (besides maybe Roofinex).

[/ QUOTE ]

After my morning shower, I brush/floss/flouride my teeth and wash my face, followed by application of deoderant. I don't really think that cologne is necessary, am I wrong? And don't apply the fact that I go to an all-boys school right now, I am more concerned about next year at coed school /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SippinSoma
05-19-2005, 08:37 PM
It's bodyspray, and it smells good. Bodyspray > no bodyspray. It does not contain pheromones. It will not get you laid more often than any other bodyspray.

gorie
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM
i never even heard of the stuff.

as others have said, changing your scent isn't going to magically attract women - if that's what you're getting at.

still, not stinking is always a plus.

jacki
05-19-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Set your hand on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gems like this make me wish you never got a job at gmail.

BWebb
05-19-2005, 10:19 PM
First, let me say that girls do like me. However, I started using the Axe bodyspray and have gotten quite a few compliments. But girls will not jump on your nuts just because you smell good. It doesn't hurt though.

peachy
05-19-2005, 10:32 PM
yes...i like the way ONE type of it smells...im HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE on smells though...but colonge does wear off after some time and havin AXE or something similar on or with u to freshen up cause smelling good is HUGE bonus points with me

Like if a guys wearing acuqa di gio i can pick it out of a room of 100s of people i go nuts over that stuff...yes evertually everyone was wearing it...but it still drives me nuts. But someone did have a great smell one nite and i was like what r u wearing?? and they said AXE and the kind if u list them i can tell u which one and i was like wow that stuff smells pretty good!!

but im to the extreme...like i said im a huge scent person...people say i always smell amazing when they hug me and they r like dude u always smell soooo good...my car smells like me...presents i give smell like me...i dunno what it is i can never smell it but i guess thats cause im used to it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tbach24
05-19-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes...i like the way ONE type of it smells...im HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE on smells though...but colonge does wear off after some time and havin AXE or something similar on or with u to freshen up cause smelling good is HUGE bonus points with me

Like if a guys wearing acuqa di gio i can pick it out of a room of 100s of people i go nuts over that stuff...yes evertually everyone was wearing it...but it still drives me nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great reason not to wear axe.

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Like if a guys wearing acuqa di gio i can pick it out of a room of 100s of people i go nuts over that stuff...yes evertually everyone was wearing it...but it still drives me nuts. But someone did have a great smell one nite and i was like what r u wearing?? and they said AXE and the kind if u list them i can tell u which one and i was like wow that stuff smells pretty good!!

but im to the extreme...like i said im a huge scent person...people say i always smell amazing when they hug me and they r like dude u always smell soooo good...my car smells like me...presents i give smell like me...i dunno what it is i can never smell it but i guess thats cause im used to it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it!

peachy
05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it!

[/ QUOTE ]

its cause its girls and guys always sayin it to me!!! and i hang out with the guys usually so most say dude to me cause i lay the smack down when they call me babe or get beyond a line!!

hahaha but most here can go on thinking im a guy...its kinda fun /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpearsBritney
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it!

[/ QUOTE ]

its cause its girls and guys always sayin it to me!!! and i hang out with the guys usually so most say dude to me cause i lay the smack down when they call me babe or get beyond a line!!

hahaha but most here can go on thinking im a guy...its kinda fun /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't understand a goddamn word you say.

BWebb
05-19-2005, 11:17 PM
I use Orion I believe. I like it.

PokerFink
05-20-2005, 02:15 AM
If you want a scent that women will like, try Oldspice Pure Sport deodorant. I've had many girls tell me they love the way it smells, and my roomate (who also wears it... go figure) said he has gotten the same compliments.

wrto4556
05-20-2005, 02:35 AM
old spice sucks.

I shouldn't be telling everyone this, but if you spray cologne on your forarmes and rub it together it stays on you longer and when you give a girl a hug she will smell it. (Versace is great)

I use the axe (essence) and had a chick tell me I smelled like the axe man. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blarg
05-20-2005, 03:11 AM
I've worked in Beverly Hills and other rich areas, and there's actually a real snobbery that goes on with perfumes/colognes.

Lots of people like them better or worse depending on how much they cost or how much "in fashion" they think they are.

So you can actually lose points by wearing something that smells great.

Men and cologne is difficult. Women have keener senses of smell than men; maybe that's why so many men apply cologne by the gallon. Women like cologne, but more in moderation than LOTS of men put it on. Some even think it's a little fruity and vain if you put on too much.

If you want it to do the most for you, wear a cologne with some snob appeal in moderate amounts. I've read that supposedly both men and women react most positively to mens' colognes designed along the reliable old standards of lime-ish(sporty, afternoon) and woodsy scents(sandalwood, more of an "evening," mellow and sophisticated cologne). You probably want to stay away from the sweet or cloying or overly exotic, spicey stuff unless you already know some particular woman likes that particular scent.

Goofy commercials like the ones on t.v. where you're seeing guys having to use kung fu to beat back the chicks are probably about as anti-snob-appeal as you're going to get. You might get some ridicule for that here and there, or just less positive outcomes, depending on who you bump into and where.

PokerFink
05-20-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Women have keener senses of smell than

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they physically have a better sense of smell? Or is it just that women pay more attention to how a man smells than visa-versa?

Sorta like men could care less what type of shoes a woman wears, but women care about a man's shoes. But we both can see the shoes equally well.

Edited for a typo.

Blarg
05-20-2005, 03:17 AM
Physically, as in scientists measure it. Supposedly it's very consistent that women have better senses of smell.

The hypothesis I heard about it was that because they're(or they become) mothers, it's extremely important to them that food and drink is as fresh as possible, both for their own health as carriers of and providers for children, and also for the health of their children once born. What would give a full grown man a tummy ache or a little diarrhea and be worth the risk to eat could easily kill an infant or small child. So being able to detect cleanness and freshness vs. spoilage has a much higher evolutionary survival value for women than it does for men.

PokerFink
05-20-2005, 03:19 AM
I guess that's why whenever I pull something out of the fridge and go, "Is this still edible?" my mom says "smell it" and my dad says "it won't hurt you, eat it."

wacki
05-20-2005, 03:19 AM
Funny but true story. I was out shopping with a girl I had no intention of dating/skrewing. We were at Target and we walked by the Axe. I grabbed it and sprayed some on my wrist and had her smell it. I decided to make a joke asking her if she thought I was irresistable. Her eyes lit up and she said it smelled really good. I had known her for 2 years, 2 hours later I was licking her boobs for the first time.

For some idiotic reason I haven't worn it since.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks for reminding me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
05-20-2005, 03:22 AM
LOL, sounds like my dad too.

Blarg
05-20-2005, 03:24 AM
Hell, I'd drink it, if it worked that well.

wacki
05-20-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I'd drink it, if it worked that well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't drink it Blarg.

Blarg
05-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Heck, if it worked, I'd drink it, pour it in my ears, and walk around with a bottle of it up my ass.

wacki
05-20-2005, 03:38 AM
ok, joke went over my head. I get it now. Thanks for drawing it out in crayon.

*hickup* (wacki pops open another guiness)

Blarg
05-20-2005, 03:40 AM
heheh

irishken
05-20-2005, 03:57 AM
Yeah I remember when I was something like 10-12 and some one smelled weird he had to take lot of crap for it and most of it was "I bet your mom bought you some AXE or nivea". And now it seems like everyone thinks only nerds use Axe.

Personally I usually use armani mania, or calvin klein / armani deo-stick...

theredpill5
05-20-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny but true story. I was out shopping with a girl I had no intention of dating/skrewing. We were at Target and we walked by the Axe. I grabbed it and sprayed some on my wrist and had her smell it. I decided to make a joke asking her if she thought I was irresistable. Her eyes lit up and she said it smelled really good. I had known her for 2 years, 2 hours later I was licking her boobs for the first time.

For some idiotic reason I haven't worn it since.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks for reminding me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm buying some.

bernie
05-20-2005, 06:11 AM
I remember walking into the cardroom one day and a brushperson asked me what I was using that smelled so good.

Simple answer: Soap.

The chicks that can pick out a scent and like it because it costs alot? Forget 'em. However, they usually have knock-off scents that are pretty much the same but cost alot less. So you can use that. Then when your giving those type of chicks deep anal, tell them the truth. That's what those chicks deserve.

b

Blarg
05-20-2005, 06:20 AM
"It's Mr. Bubble, bytch!"

You ever read Kirk Douglas's description of doing that to a woman who really vocally hated Jews? I read it in the first volume of his autobiography. She didn't know he was one, him being blond and all and with that name, and right as he came inside her, he said into her ear, "I'm a Jew!"

Man, he must have been floating for a week after that.

Jman28
05-20-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and they said AXE and the kind if u list them i can tell u which one and i was like wow that stuff smells pretty good!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Essence, Touch, Kilo, Phoenix.

If it was something else, you're wrong.

I use them, and don't really get many strong particular complements. Some people have told me that they appreciate that I always smell good.

Wait, no, one girl liked it a lot. Whatever. Read wacki's post if you want some good advertisement.

bernie
05-20-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"It's Mr. Bubble, bytch!"

You ever read Kirk Douglas's description of doing that to a woman who really vocally hated Jews? I read it in the first volume of his autobiography. She didn't know he was one, him being blond and all and with that name, and right as he came inside her, he said into her ear, "I'm a Jew!"

Man, he must have been floating for a week after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have blown it in her hair.

Funny story though.

b

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 10:16 AM
There have now been two articles in the Wall Street Journal on this stuff in the last couple of months. They're all about how big this stuff is with the kids and how guys are just dousing themselves in it. There were a bunch of quotes from teenies about how much they love it on guys.

augie00
05-20-2005, 10:38 AM
One time I was at a cookout at my buddy's apartment. There were five people there; me, my buddy, and three girls. One of the girls I am VERY attracted to, and I think she has a mild interest in me.

We were out chilling on his balcony, and he was organizing some [censored] he had sitting out, and he came across a bottle of axe. Said hot girl mentions that axe is her absolute favorite smell, and even the ugliest guys are attractive on some level when they smell like axe.

I was flabbergasted. I had always taken axe as a cheap smelling bottle of crap (which it is), but she genuinenly was attracted to the smell.

The moral of the story: some hot girls actually like the smell. But I think that most of them think it smells cheap.

Sponger15SB
05-20-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
old spice sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell?

girls LOVE old spice.

jakethebake
05-20-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
girls LOVE old spice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hai Karate too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hogua
05-20-2005, 12:28 PM
You've seen the Axe commercials. Do you think in the real world women would respond to Axe in any way that is remotely similar to the commercials?

If they did, so you really think Axe would have to run those damn commercials ever 15 minutes?

HesseJam
05-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm always LMAO when I see these deodorant posts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not wearing anything just my natural scent. Chicks dig it!

WSUchica
05-20-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't think I could pick out the smell of Axe...or any cologne for that matter. If I think a guy smells good I will tell him so, but by no means would it make me find a guy any more attractive merely because of his smell. It might be nice if I was going out on a date with him and knew that he made the extra effort to smell good for me though. But that's just me; I DO, however, have a couple girlfriends who are completely turned on by cologne.

So go buy some axe or old spice or whatever and I'll give you their numbers /images/graemlins/wink.gif

peachy
05-20-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
old spice sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell?

girls LOVE old spice.

[/ QUOTE ]

no...it reminds me of old men and grandpas...this smell does nothing for me

peachy
05-20-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I could pick out the smell of Axe...or any cologne for that matter. If I think a guy smells good I will tell him so, but by no means would it make me find a guy any more attractive merely because of his smell. It might be nice if I was going out on a date with him and knew that he made the extra effort to smell good for me though. But that's just me; I DO, however, have a couple girlfriends who are completely turned on by cologne.

So go buy some axe or old spice or whatever and I'll give you their numbers /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes me more attracted to him by a long shot...its kinda like the equivalent of girls and thier fingernails

tbach24
05-20-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes me more attracted to him by a long shot...its kinda like the equivalent of girls and thier fingernails

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even notice fingernails. Actually yes I do, they're kinda worthless. I love a nice smelling girl tho. Bad smells are honestly the most annoying thing ever. Kid in the room next to me just sprayed down his room with lysol because he stinks so bad, and I got the worst headache when I went down there.

JackWilson
05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, anything longer than 1 or 2 cms (on a girl) makes me wanna puke.

Mike Gallo
05-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Dude,

I like to smell nice. I have Phoenix and Touch. I have the body wash the deodorant and the body spray.

Nothing wrong with smelling nice. Chicks will take notice.

Blarg
05-20-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
girls LOVE old spice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hai Karate too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, There's Something About an Aqua Velva Man!

Blarg
05-20-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the effect is subconscious, too.

Blarg
05-20-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls like long fingernails more than most guys do. Some guys dig 'em, but some guys also get turned on by eyeshadow and such. Most guys don't really give a damn. We'll stick with the big three body parts and face, and make our decisions from there.

peachy
05-20-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even notice fingernails. Actually yes I do, they're kinda worthless. I love a nice smelling girl tho. Bad smells are honestly the most annoying thing ever. Kid in the room next to me just sprayed down his room with lysol because he stinks so bad, and I got the worst headache when I went down there.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously u dont understand the fingernail analogy

peachy
05-20-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, anything longer than 1 or 2 cms (on a girl) makes me wanna puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

u didnt get it either....wow must just be a thing here....

peachy
05-20-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls like long fingernails more than most guys do. Some guys dig 'em, but some guys also get turned on by eyeshadow and such. Most guys don't really give a damn. We'll stick with the big three body parts and face, and make our decisions from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur fired too...ill now be impressed if someone knows what im refering too /images/graemlins/frown.gif this is quite sad

Badboyy
05-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I had known her for 2 years, 2 hours later I was licking her boobs for the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just spilled my coffee on my shirt at work, thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TimM
05-20-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ur fired too...ill now be impressed if someone knows what im refering too /images/graemlins/frown.gif this is quite sad

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean using fingernails to impress/compete with other women, rather than guys?

gorie
05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
i'm a girl and i have no clue what she means either, it's ok.

Blarg
05-21-2005, 12:33 AM
If you can get so much as a 50/50 success rate when trying to understand peachy, you could be a genius and possibly even supernaturally inpsired.

Joe826
05-21-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can get so much as a 50/50 success rate when trying to understand peachy, you could be a genius and possibly even supernaturally inpsired.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaah. blarg you're my favorite poster by a long shot.

peachy
05-21-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean using fingernails to impress/compete with other women, rather than guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

::sigh:: no...come on people!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

this can only mean that most of u have not hooked up with many women

Dead
05-21-2005, 01:35 AM
If you want to get shallow girls, then yes, wear Axe bodyspray.

They love stupid s*it like that.

B00T
05-21-2005, 01:44 AM
Wear TAG. Its the same [censored] but smells a little different. If you need cheap [censored], get something that isnt widlely known.

They do smell different.

It had to be the girl jumping through grocery store racks.

mason55
05-21-2005, 01:48 AM
From the way you act on 2+2 it's no wonder that woman don't like you. I have trouble believing that ANYONE likes you.

But wear Gucci cologne. That ish rocks. I wear it every day.

WSUchica
05-21-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the effect is subconscious, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that is probably true...and I also am confused about the fingernails comparison?? Sorry peachy /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dex
05-21-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
your mom LOVES old spice.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

kurto
05-21-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm 35... so it may be a generational thing. But "Old Spice" used to be the smell that was associated with Grandparents. It is not a youthful smell. (I don't know if they've updated it)

On the other hand... I have found that women do like men to have a fragrance. I used to never buy cologne but various women I was dating would buy it for me. When I would wear it, I would often get compliments from other women. They notice.

masse75
05-21-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to get shallow girls, then yes, wear Axe bodyspray.

They love stupid s*it like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the horse's mouth?