PDA

View Full Version : was this a misplay?

irishpint
05-19-2005, 07:53 PM
did i give up too early? im wondering what happens if i 3bet the flop and lead the turn...villian is semi passive. thoughts?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

ClaytonN
05-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Please read this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1943067&amp;page=2&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

irishpint
05-19-2005, 08:28 PM
at least you were kind in your cruel ways. it was shorthanded so you of all people could have given it some response other than telling me to read a thread discussing an overload of posts (which, btw there doesn't seem to be many of at this momment. sure, i have 3, however one is NC - read at your own risk. id be happy to respond if people would make posts.

whatever, keep doing your thing.

Webster
05-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I think that is a dumb post!

No you did not miss play it you had a good CALLING hand that never hit.

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

irishpint
05-19-2005, 08:33 PM
well im not complaining that i missed my draw. i want to discuss the merits of 3betting that flop. i feel like a 3bet there and leading the turn could have changed the dynamic of the hand- forget that it didnt hit. i guess i was scared of being capped, but even that, with an overcard and a OESD isn't the end of the world.

Webster
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM
I would have 3-bet if there were more players in the hand but you have about 12??? outs (of not less) and I would get out of this as cheep as possable until you hit.

irishpint
05-19-2005, 08:41 PM
ok see that's a response I can appreciate. you are to be respected and applauded for doing what no one else could.

ClaytonN
05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
at least you were kind in your cruel ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do what I can.

bozlax
05-19-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...villian is semi passive. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by this? Would a semi-passive fold AT to aggression on the flop in this hand? JJ? Would he have 3-bet JJ/QQ PF? How solid do you feel your read is?

The answers to these questions do a lot more to frame this hand than 3-betting the flop and leading the turn. Especially if you're confident in your "passive" read on Villan, you played this fine.

Final thought: this pot is small. Don't waste a whole lot of energy trying to maximize your play in this situation.

irishpint
05-19-2005, 10:12 PM
my read is pretty solid. hes not the type to fold on the flop-without a scare card hed check/call AT. I guess that doesn't really help me, but with the third flush card/overcard or anything that COULD fall on the turn/river if i was betting/agressive i think that small pot could have been in my pot where it belonged.

bozlax
05-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Or, perhaps, he was playing A/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif EXACTLY the way I would've played it. Passive is different from weak, and if he had AT a fold would've been pretty weak. The fact that he stayed aggressive makes me think he has better than TP.