PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 6 max: 2+2er berating the fish???

jdock99
05-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I was playing in a good, fishy, jovial 10-20 6-max game today and I saw something very unbelievable. I was playing with an obvious good, tight/aggressive player who happened to suck out on a fish (yes, good players suck out too). The fish started complaining, and the player proceeded to tell the fish he shouldn't have been in the hand in the first place because his starting hand wasn't good enough. Then one of the fish started complaining he was raising too much preflop and he responded by explaining that proper strategy is to raise or fold preflop. He then told everyone to go to 2+2 and learn how to play and told them what his bb/100 was. Needless to say the complexion of the game changed very quick after that. I don't know who the player was (I am not much of a 2+2 poster, just a lurker), but I was pretty shocked.

lostinthought
05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
No matter where you are, there are always idiots.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing in a good, fishy, jovial 10-20 6-max game today and I saw something very unbelievable. I was playing with an obvious good, tight/aggressive player who happened to suck out on a fish (yes, good players suck out too). The fish started complaining, and the player proceeded to tell the fish he shouldn't have been in the hand in the first place because his starting hand wasn't good enough. Then one of the fish started complaining he was raising too much preflop and he responded by explaining that proper strategy is to raise or fold preflop. He then told everyone to go to 2+2 and learn how to play and told them what his bb/100 was. Needless to say the complexion of the game changed very quick after that. I don't know who the player was (I am not much of a 2+2 poster, just a lurker), but I was pretty shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, its amazing how stupid some very good players are. I think its a whole psychological thing tho. Alot of very good poker players happen to be incredibly huge dorks in real life. So they probably have self esteem issues. So they love to "prove" to everyone how smart and good they are (behind the animinity(sp?) of the internet), because of this.

"hey look at me, my dick is bigger than your dick!!"

Just look at some of the egos that already post on this board. You think they are that cocky and arrogant IRL? I doubt it. Hiding behind a computer does strange things to people.

PErsonally, I think you should out him by posting his screen name so we can all tell him how stupid he is, and maybe he will learn something from it.

miajag81
05-19-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PErsonally, I think you should out him by posting his screen name so we can all tell him how stupid he is, and maybe he will learn something from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

goodguy_1
05-19-2005, 04:50 PM
definetly out his ass.

It's one thing to brief some fish on proper strategy but he went way overboard mentioning 2+2,PokerTracker winrates,etc.
I have never seen anyone be so arrogant. If I was at a table with this guy and he pulled this act I would immediatley PM him thru the buddy feature and tell him to stfu.

jdock99
05-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Some tidbits from hand histories (name edited out):

u need to read some books
or join 2+2 forum

u dont even know how often u get dominated with A5

I am awesome way better than u guys

and ur calling a raise with 69 is good ?

(clueless fish) u raise every hand u come in with, not sure that is a sign of a pro?
(villian) what are u talking about?every pro that win 2bb/100 raises every hand they come in

Chobohoya
05-19-2005, 05:36 PM
That's ridiculous. Post his screenname.

arkady
05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Berating fish AND divulging proper playing is truly the epitome of stupidity. Although I suppose it is wrong to publically expose this guy and have the rest of us come down on him...sort of feels medieval...do it.

D.H.
05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think you should out him by posting his screen name so we can all tell him how stupid he is, and maybe he will learn something from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Psyhology studies from all over the world clearly show that by being told how stupid they are people almost instantly get rid of their self esteem issues and become much nicer.

Or no, wait a minute...

GrunchCan
05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was strictly verboten? It seems to not be so much these days.

helpmeout
05-19-2005, 06:23 PM
True, too many people think they have to prove themselves to the world.

These types of people are mentally weak.

I think if you threw out a few insults (call them dorks, small penis, no life, bullied at school etc) they'd probably go on tilt.

Grisgra
05-19-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently this guy is a big fan of people knowing that he's a 2+2'er. Lucky him, he's just made himself an exception to the rule. By choice.

Out him.

Joe826
05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Even if the name was revealed, it's probably not the same as his 2+2 name anyways.

NLSoldier
05-19-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

joseki
05-19-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it be? There were many screen names listed in a recent post about good players in the PP 5/10SH.

It's not hard to change your screen name anyway, so no real harm would be done. Perhaps the dude would be made to feel like an ass, but I think that harm is intended.

wuarhg
05-19-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

or join 2+2 forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at this table, I am an eye witness. I almost sent him a message, but meh...

SomethingClever
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

or join 2+2 forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at this table, I am an eye witness. I almost sent him a message, but meh...

[/ QUOTE ]

WHO IS IT??????

NLSoldier
05-19-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

WHO IS IT??????

[/ QUOTE ]

bunky9590
05-19-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just look at some of the egos that already post on this board. You think they are that cocky and arrogant IRL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I may be the exception rather than the rule, but I am pretty cocky (but not arrogant) IRL. Though this should not shock anyone, especially those who have met me.

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WHO IS IT??????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_CaseClosed326
05-19-2005, 07:34 PM
3 2+2ers at one 6max table? /images/graemlins/confused.gif No good I say. No good.

jdock99
05-19-2005, 07:38 PM
I am not sure I count as a 2+2er, since I am a losing player /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And besides, the other 3 players were 50/5/.5 (approximate) players.

wuarhg
05-19-2005, 07:55 PM
I can share this, his name starts with a P, now you're on your own /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Isura
05-19-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can share this, his name starts with a P, now you're on your own /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as his 2+2 name?

Alobar
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think you should out him by posting his screen name so we can all tell him how stupid he is, and maybe he will learn something from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Psyhology studies from all over the world clearly show that by being told how stupid they are people almost instantly get rid of their self esteem issues and become much nicer.

Or no, wait a minute...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its not random people telling him hes an idiot. It's like 50 of his peers. Maybe hed actually realize what he is doing is big time negative EV.

wuarhg
05-19-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same as his 2+2 name?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so. Time to sleep.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Same as his 2+2 name?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so. Time to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

now ure just being a tease. It smacks of wanting attention

either give it out, or don't give it out.

loudog
05-19-2005, 08:22 PM
peachy plays 5/10

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 08:28 PM
No [censored], the name should have been in this thread like 10 posts ago.

NLSoldier
05-19-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A
05-19-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever post replies anymore or do you just go around quoting other people?

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No matter where you are, there are always idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar
05-19-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
peachy plays 5/10

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, thats not Peachys style, I cant for the life of me see her saying something along those lines. And according to the subject this guy plays 10/20

ClaytonN
05-19-2005, 08:56 PM
For christ's sake, please stop being little bitches and post the f*cking screenname!

SCfuji
05-19-2005, 09:10 PM
ill get the list started

P aluka
P eachy
P okerbob

keep adding to the list

pecto
05-19-2005, 09:41 PM
<------- I could be a candidate!!

But I don't play 10/20 anymore /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jdock99
05-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Sorry, some of us losing players actually have to work to make $$ to keep you guys in the manner of living you have been accustomed to. The guys Partypoker name is
"Pokerart82." I hadn't played with him before, so I have a feeling this is a new account, but definitely not a new player. But then again I do not have a very big database and do not normally play during the hours the game was going on, so what do I know. I wasn't going to post the name, but since the other poster gave you guys the teaser and due to popular consent I did.

stinkypete
05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ill get the list started

P aluka
P eachy
P okerbob

keep adding to the list

[/ QUOTE ]

P ete, stinky

Alobar
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ill get the list started

P aluka
P eachy
P okerbob

keep adding to the list

[/ QUOTE ]

P ete, stinky

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU IDIOT, QUIT BERATING THE FISH!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sammy_g
05-19-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ill get the list started

P aluka
P eachy
P okerbob

keep adding to the list

[/ QUOTE ]
psammy_g?

loudog
05-19-2005, 11:17 PM
yeah i should probably read before i type /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cab4656
05-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Quick search reveals:

Pokerart82 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=34825&what=search&Forum= All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&where=body sub&Name=34825&daterange=1&newerval=5&newertype=y& olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=)

Based on his one post, yeah, this sounds like someone who'd berate a fish.

jdock99
05-19-2005, 11:38 PM
--(clueless fish) u raise every hand u come in with, not sure that is a sign of a pro?

--(villian) what are u talking about?every pro that win 2bb/100 raises every hand they come in

--I do not know what is more funny/disturbing. A 10/20 player who honestly reasons that you shouldn't raise when you enter a pot preflop, or the knucklead berating this player at the table and telling him how to play better.

BigBaitsim (milo)
05-19-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quick search reveals:

Pokerart82 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=34825&what=search&Forum= All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&where=body sub&Name=34825&daterange=1&newerval=5&newertype=y& olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=)

Based on his one post, yeah, this sounds like someone who'd berate a fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP 14.56 PFR 10.68 (103 hands, all 5/10 SH)

Michael Davis
05-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Hi guys,

I was having a really bad day and I'll stop berating the fish now unless I lose that much again. I know I shouldn't get upset but I am human.

-Michael

imitation
05-19-2005, 11:57 PM
It's peter_rus obviously

arkady
05-20-2005, 12:00 AM
With all due respect, this guy is not a 2+2er.

Peter_rus
05-20-2005, 12:19 AM
wtf? I had never ever berating any fish at PP as well as not the fish.

I didn't play 10/20 6 max for a long time.

arkady
05-20-2005, 12:21 AM
eto shutka.

Isura
05-20-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ill get the list started

P aluka
P eachy
P okerbob

keep adding to the list

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Pokerbob plays 10/20.

wheelz
05-20-2005, 12:26 AM
missing some 0's if you're talking about paluka

jwg152
05-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Not a frequent poster, but a frequent player in the 10/20.
The player's behavior was terrible. I've played with many 2+2ers who have berated fish at one time or another. I have done, unfortunately, the same. For obvious reasons, berating fish serves no purpose, strategic or otherwise. But sometimes, you just run into the perfect storm and temporarily lose your mind. IMO, no poster here has the right to judge this player unless he has logged 150k hands at 10/20 and has never berated a fish. I doubt such a player exists.

stinkypete
05-20-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

I was having a really bad day and I'll stop berating the fish now unless I lose that much again. I know I shouldn't get upset but I am human.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahaha. either this is a joke, or you're pretty big retard, since you're usually the first one to give people shit on here after seeing them berate fish at the tables.

Entity
05-20-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahaha. either this is a joke, or you're pretty big retard, since you're usually the first one to give people shit on here after seeing them berate fish at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a joke.

Michael Davis
05-20-2005, 12:38 AM
"since you're usually the first one to give people [censored] on here after seeing them berate fish at the tables."

LOL, you have a good memory.

-Michael

arkady
05-20-2005, 12:40 AM
But not a very good sarcasam meter.

stinkypete
05-20-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay then. it's hard to identify a joke when it's the opposite of funny.

Trix
05-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Donīt worry, itīs a trick to get you to post more in here.

How about an update on the suited trash in BB 3-4way or AK calldown now that you have more hands ?

wuarhg
05-20-2005, 06:45 AM
I could care less for attention, dude. I am not sure which of the two it was. Pokerart was one of them at the table, I don't know if he was the one berating people. The other ones first three letters were Poo /images/graemlins/blush.gif

kiddo
05-20-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(clueless fish) u raise every hand u come in with, not sure that is a sign of a pro?
(villian) what are u talking about?every pro that win 2bb/100 raises every hand they come in

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, that was me saying "u raise every hand u come in with, not sure that is a sign of a pro?"

Im a clueless fish? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Now I suddenly understands why there always are so many 2+2er at my tables. Im on your buddylist. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Was this guy a 2+2er? Noway? He rasied almost all hands preflop. For a long time he had 22/22 and then 23/22, if I remember correctly.

As I remember the bad players didnt care at all, did they? But there was one ok player on the right that left after he talked som trash for a while. Then I said he didnt have to say those things to the guy who left cause he really was pretty decent at poker and then I said he was decent 2 and then he calmed down. (at least thats how I remember it).

Maybe this guy talked the same trash at all tables he played, not only one?

mindflayer
05-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Must be a retard who just started playing poker..

pokerart82 can't be a 2+2er (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2353559&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2438305)

krishanleong
05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hello, that was me saying "u raise every hand u come in with, not sure that is a sign of a pro?"

Im a clueless fish? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny stuff.

Krishan

imitation
05-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Yes peter you've also been neglecting us here n HUSH, perhaps grace us every now and then like Nate does with a terrific strat post.

BottlesOf
05-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Not when they act like complete assholes.

Trix
05-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Since someone had to bitch at the guy who made runner runner flush...

doubleplus
05-20-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, its amazing how stupid some very good players are. I think its a whole psychological thing tho. Alot of very good poker players happen to be incredibly huge dorks in real life. So they probably have self esteem issues. So they love to "prove" to everyone how smart and good they are (behind the animinity(sp?) of the internet), because of this.

"hey look at me, my dick is bigger than your dick!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey buddy I'm not like that. If you have a problem we can settle this heads up. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif