PDA

View Full Version : I hate this spot

iceman5
05-19-2005, 04:17 PM
$2/$4NL. Everyone invloved has about a full $400 stack. The SB is solid. The MP preflop min raiser is a muppet.

MP open raises the min to $8. He gets called by the cutoff, button, SB and then I call with 97 of clubs.

Pot is $40 and the flop comes Td9d7s. SB checks and I lead out for $40. Unfortunatley, I get called by the MP, cutoff and then SB.

Pot is now $200. The turn is an offsuit 6. I really dont like the way this is playing out and Im not overly fond of my 2 pair at this point. What would you do from here?

I checked, MP checked, Cutoff bet $16, SB called...Hero ???

vmacosta
05-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Call.

sMethod
05-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Jeez what a spot to be in. Id probably call see the turn. Iknow its ugly because even if you fill up with a 9 or 7 it still might not be best, the obvious play is call your getting 12.5-1 on your money to hit 4-46 or 1-11.5 if you fill up on the river bet like 50 or 75 , its not a losing play because your full hour will probably be the besy hand at least 1 in 4 times. If they raise you however you probably have to go away.

flawless_victory
05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeez what a spot to be in. Id probably call see the turn. Iknow its ugly because even if you fill up with a 9 or 7 it still might not be best, the obvious play is call your getting 12.5-1 on your money to hit 4-46 or 1-11.5 if you fill up on the river bet like 50 or 75 , its not a losing play because your full hour will probably be the besy hand at least 1 in 4 times. If they raise you however you probably have to go away.

[/ QUOTE ]HOLY WEAK TIGHT! you have to call, theres a good chance YHIG, and if its not, you four outs to the effective nuts. i dont think you can raise (too good a chance the bettor has an eight)...

iceman5
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
I called the $16, but really felt like a calling station when I did it. MP called also.

The river brought the 3rd diamond and the SB led out for something like $80. I folded obviously. MP called also and lost to SBs very obvious flush. I didnt see MPs cards.

I guess I played it fairly well...blah. I hate hands like these.