PDA

View Full Version : anyone reading my triple draw lj?

lucas9000
05-19-2005, 03:45 PM
i've posted some hands and thoughts about them, etc, and i'm not sure if anyone reads it (i would appreciate comments). maybe i should just stick to posting hands here. anyway, here's the link just in case: link. (http://www.livejournal.com/users/lucas9000/)

Luv2DriveTT
05-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I didn't know at all. I say keep it here, we need to grow the TD fan's community at 2+2.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

randomstumbl
05-19-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't have an LJ, so it's easier for me if you just keep it here.

timprov
05-19-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know at all. I should go there, we need to grow the TD fan's community on LJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Luv2DriveTT
05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know at all. I should go there
but I won't. Live Journals are lame, why bother when we have 2+2. But I understand we need to grow the TD fan's community everywhere, even though 2+2 comes first.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your fix.

Tom Bayes
05-19-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm not a hardcore triple draw player, so I don't participate a lot in the triple draw threads, but I'd recommend cross-posting your triple draw stuff here and in your LiveJournal.

Posting here is good because you'll get feedback from 2+2ers, both from the hardcore TD guys that might also read your journal but also others who don't know about your LiveJournal. But I like my LiveJournal because I find it easier to find hand histories or other stuff I want to reread a few months later in the journal rather than trying to hunt it down with the finicky search function here.

I'd throw out a suggestion that you don't have to keep your LJ strictly triple draw. Throw in other poker stuff or just whatever random BS you want!

lucas9000
05-19-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know at all. I should go there
but I won't. Live Journals are lame, why bother when we have 2+2. But I understand we need to grow the TD fan's community everywhere, even though 2+2 comes first.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i posted everything in this forum that i post on my lj it would get annoying for everyone real fast. i think i'll just cross post hands here from now on.

one of the great things about this forum is that it's not clogged with useless crap like some other forums are (wpt, oot, etc.).

Luv2DriveTT
05-19-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one of the great things about this forum is that it's not clogged with useless crap like some other forums are (wpt, oot, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT & WPT are clogged with useless crap? I didn't know /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

In all seriousness, I'm glad we have hijacked this forum for TD. Its a side game of the future, an open forum to learn to master this poker variant is highly needed. I am glad to see you all on the ground floor!

TakeMeToTheRiver
05-20-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

OOT & WPT are clogged with useless crap? I didn't know /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only do you spew chips, you now spew crap too... well done...

Luv2DriveTT
05-20-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck is feeling rather mighty this week, since he was the first winner of our live TD tourney on Tuesday. But didn't you face a significant beating right after in the cash game /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TakeMeToTheRiver
05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck is feeling rather mighty this week, since he was the first winner of our live TD tourney on Tuesday. But didn't you face a significant beating right after in the cash game /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Revisionist history.... Indeed, I did win the inaugural NYC 2-7 TD tournament. I credit my end game -- Todd/Craig was unable to read me and I came back even though I was outstacked by almost three-to-one. Getting him to reraise me and then go all in to my four-bet on the turn and him drawing two cards AFTER reraising and calling my four-bet on the turn certainly helped a lot. (Aside: He should have folded to my raise on the turn, but he was right to draw 2 since I had a made #2 at that point.) I am not sure if I will be there to defend my title next Tuesday... may need to go to an important meeting to try to lower my real estate taxes...

Csh TD: I lost a couple of early hands of cash TD but ended that session up slightly. In fact, I don't think I have had a losing session of live 2-7 TD yet! I am sure that will change soon.

I may have said I was down because I was confused about my chip count. I am easily confused in my old age -- this time it was because I paid for the tournament with chips but was paid my winnings in cash.

So what were we talking about in this thread? Sorry Lucas... I will look at your LJ and give you my opinion soon.

Chuck (formerly BMW 328ci which was far nicer than that TT toy car from Audi)