PDA

View Full Version : MacGyver as a Christlike Figure

PhatTBoll
05-19-2005, 03:12 PM
He hangs around women a lot, but never seems to bone any of them, or want to. He performs miracles in hopeless situations. He has some less intelligent friends who follow him around, that he has to save every once in awhile. He does a lot of work in impoverished areas and with the underprivileged. He has saved the world, or at least cities and countries, several times. He has an archnemesis who pops up from time to time to distract him from his good works. He never makes a mistake. Ever.

Thoughts?

PoBoy321
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He never makes a mistake. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus made lots of mistakes.

Namely, see Mark 3:19

PhatTBoll
05-19-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He never makes a mistake. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus made lots of mistakes.

Namely, see Mark 3:19

[/ QUOTE ]

So MacGyver is holier than Jesus? Interesting.

PoBoy321
05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you've got it. Next, tell me how defusing a bomb with 3 toothpicks and a straw is more impressive than turning water into wine, walking on water and resurrecting the dead.

Duke
05-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Did MacGyver bang prostitutes? To avoid starting a religious argument, I'll stick to what the christians themselves say.

~D

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now you've got it. Next, tell me how defusing a bomb with 3 toothpicks and a straw is more impressive than turning water into wine, walking on water and resurrecting the dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give him a paperclip and I bet he could do it.

PhatTBoll
05-19-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those feats pale in comparison with halting a nuclear meltdown, ending gang warfare, and singlehandedly repelling Soviet invaders from Afghanistan.

samdash
05-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Excuse me, but I believe its "2 Hershey bars and a 50 cent piece" that he used to defuse those bad boys.