PDA

View Full Version : deep-stacked (for the geeks online)

DireWolf
05-19-2005, 03:05 PM
11r, a little after 1st hour.

I have 8000 utg+1
CO has 15,000, built his stack playing very laggy during rebuy. I think he has calmed down.

Blinds 75-150

I make it 400 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Folded to CO who calls.

Flop:
10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet 800 and im called.

Turn:
J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet 2000 and im raised all in.

DO i call?

A_PLUS
05-19-2005, 03:15 PM
This is why I am going to get crushed at the WSOP (after I win my step 6 of course). I honestly dont know what your line is here. over 2-1 on the call. There are 3 or 4 hands you are really worried about, that you have NO shot at drawing out on. You represent a good hand the whole way. He plays it as a recently made draw or a sleeping giant.

If you dont think this guy is capable of making this play with KJ, I think you fold.

DireWolf
05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Also, what do people think about attempting a check-raise on this turn?

MLG
05-19-2005, 03:21 PM
I think check-calling would be a better option than check-raising, but that gets you in to a really trick river spot. There are some spots in poker which won't be easy no matter what you do, this is one. I think I fold, but its not a clear decision.

tiger7210
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I fold it here but i also would have bet less on the flop and on the turn. Based on your actions he has to know you like your hand and you've already put close to 1/2 your chips in the pot and is expecting a call.

My gut tells me your behind to either a set a turned 2 pair or 89 and he's pushing in case you have a big draw like a higher straight draw or flush draw.

To put in that type of reraise into your strength would be crazy with a hand like KJ/QJ- neither of which I can see flat calling on that flop.

The reason I also like smaller bets on the flop and turn is to keep the pot small out of position and make it easierto get away from if you feel you're behind. I think betting 1/2 to 2/3 the pot accomplishes the same thing.

schwza
05-19-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO has 15,000, built his stack playing very laggy during rebuy

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this makes it a call.

MLG
05-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I definitely don't. For lots of guys part of the benefit of playing super LAGGy during the rebuy is that they get paid off post rebuy once they've tightened up.

schwza
05-19-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't. For lots of guys part of the benefit of playing super LAGGy during the rebuy is that they get paid off post rebuy once they've tightened up.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting idea. of the laggy rebuy guys, i think they tend to be laggy post-rebuy as well, for the most part. but the fact that OP has said villain has calmed down maybe takes away from the usefulness of that generalization.

ononimo
05-19-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed - I'd read CO for 2 pair at least and fold. it's possible that he's making a play with KQ (especially if they are clubs) but not worth the risk on your part, I think.