PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Flop - QTs

StellarWind
05-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Party 5/10 6-max (5-handed)

Button is 23/18 and very aggressive postflop.

Button raises and Hero calls heads up from the BB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Part 1: The flop is A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero checks and the inevitable bet comes. 5 SB in the pot. What do you do?

Part 2: If you still have your cards the turn will be Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Now what?

adamstewart
05-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Part 1: simply call the flop, and check-raise any non- /images/graemlins/club.gif turn card.

Part 2: (same as above - he's aggressive so he'll still bet the turn, probably even re-raise you /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Adam

imported_CaseClosed326
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Check fold the flop?

Small pot, tainted outs. Weak tight?

rory
05-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Pretend like you are drawing to the club. If no club comes, you can check-call, check-call and check-call, because since it looks like a club draw he might balls-out-bluff you on the river with whatever stuff he was trying to steal with. If a club comes and you can check-fold since it looks like you were drawing to the club and he probably has a club if he bets again.

The other way to do it is to check-call, check-call and bet and fold to a raise on the river, no matter what card comes, club or not. This way he will pay you off with one pair if a club comes and he doesnt have one and will pay you off with a pair if no club comes as well. He will probably only raise you with the straight if you bet the river, but who knows.

All in all if I can't fold to a raise on the river with two pair and sleep at night, I like the first line better.

This hand is cool because I think it is totally legit to do both things on the river. You could pick up a total bluff or you could value bet, depending.

adamstewart
05-19-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Part 1: simply call the flop, and check-raise any non- /images/graemlins/club.gif turn card.

Part 2: (same as above - he's aggressive so he'll still bet the turn, probably even re-raise you /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

- TOO LATE TO EDIT -

Disregard my entire post above.... i misread and thought Hero flopped a straight.

Steller, this isn't a "wicked" flop. It's wickedly bad! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adam

lostinthought
05-19-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check fold the flop?

Small pot, tainted outs. Weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't assume he is ahead - but I think this is a difficult hand to play heads up. If you just check-fold, I think you give to much up. But I think I fold with the right amount of resistance.

On line two with the queen coming, I think I check-call on turn, and on the river check call a non-club, and bet-fold to a raise with a club.

StellarWind
05-19-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Steller, this isn't a "wicked" flop. It's wickedly bad!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thing is, I'm not from Boston so "wicked" is a bad thing /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretend like you are drawing to the club. If no club comes, you can check-call, check-call and check-call, because since it looks like a club draw he might balls-out-bluff you on the river with whatever stuff he was trying to steal with. If a club comes and you can check-fold since it looks like you were drawing to the club and he probably has a club if he bets again.

The other way to do it is to check-call, check-call and bet and fold to a raise on the river, no matter what card comes, club or not. This way he will pay you off with one pair if a club comes and he doesnt have one and will pay you off with a pair if no club comes as well. He will probably only raise you with the straight if you bet the river, but who knows.

All in all if I can't fold to a raise on the river with two pair and sleep at night, I like the first line better.

This hand is cool because I think it is totally legit to do both things on the river. You could pick up a total bluff or you could value bet, depending.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when someone before be says like exactly what I want to say, that way I dont have to type it all out, I can just quote and hit "submit" yeah baby!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Subfallen
05-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif rory too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif