PDA

View Full Version : I am going to be playing poker all day thanks to this......

Sponger15SB
05-19-2005, 02:02 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_home/seinfeld___the_fourth_season/seinfeldseason4_boxartbig.jpg

Who else has already bought this?

I am pumped!!

mmbt0ne
05-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Arguably the best season of any show ever.

PoBoy321
05-19-2005, 02:04 PM
My roommate has seasons 1-3. I'm definitely getting this the day I get my next paycheck, though.

eric5148
05-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Great show, but how does it relate to playing poker all day?

istewart
05-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Out today?

I'm getting it, yes!

bump
05-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I found this website last week. I have since downloaded every seinfeld episode ever. No need to buy DVD sets:

http://www.stanthecaddy.com/seinfeld-videos/

istewart
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a few other seasons of Seinfeld you can lump in there.

stabn
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<picture of brain removed because someone is a whiner>

Use it.

stabn
05-19-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I found this website last week. I have since downloaded every seinfeld episode ever. No need to buy DVD sets:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://clear.msu.edu:16080/dennie/clipart/thief.gif

bump
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt like the whole NBC pilot sequence in season 4, I liked season 6 better (from the website copied above) the season 4 list is the next post:

87. The Chaperone Read the script of The Chaperone Download the full epiosde video of The Chaperone Discuss The Chaperone

gs: Gail Strickland (Landis) Marguerite MacIntyre (Karen) Danny Tartabull (Himself) Buck Showalter (Himself) Ian Abercrombie (Mr. Pitt)

Jerry gets a date with Miss Rhode Island, a Miss America contestant; when they need a chaperone Kramer is available. On the date, Kramer gives her advice and becomes her personal coach. Elaine tries to get a job at Doubleday, filling in the shoes once filled by Jackie Onassis; instead she gets a job being the personal assistant of a top executive who likes white socks. Meanwhile, George decides that the Yankees need to change their uniforms from polyester to cotton.

b: 22-Sep-94 pc: 601 w: Larry David , Bill Masters & Bob Shaw d: Andy Ackerman
Discussion (3) | TrackBack (0)

88. The Big Salad Read the script of The Big Salad Download the full epiosde video of The Big Salad Discuss The Big Salad

gs: Michelle Forbes (Julie) Jerry Levine (Stationer) Marita Geraghty (Margaret) Barry Nolan (Reporter) Dean Hallo (Gendason) Lauren Bowles (Waitress) Wayne Knight (Newman)

Elaine's boss wants a special mechanical pencil, so Elaine tries to get one from a stationary store where the clerk has a thing for her. George and his girlfriend pick up a "big salad" for Elaine, that his girlfriend gives to Elaine and she thanks her. Later, George points out that he bought the "big salad." Jerry discovers that his current girlfriend once dated Newman, who broke off his relationship with her. Kramer plays golf with an ex-ball player who breaks a rule of golf, they have a fight, and later the ball player is wanted for questioning in the murder of a dry cleaner, where a golf tee was involved. Kramer later helps him evade the police in a white Ford Bronco.

b: 29-Sep-94 pc: 602 w: Larry David d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: The pillow that Newman is sitting on when Jerry first enters his apartment has the same pillowcase as George's pillows over his parents' house.
Discussion (6) | TrackBack (0)

89. The Pledge Drive Read the script of The Pledge Drive Download the full epiosde video of The Pledge Drive Discuss The Pledge Drive

gs: Kelly Coffield (Noreen) Billye Ree Wallace (Nana) Brian Reddy (Dan) Rebecca Staab (Kristin) Danny Tartabull (Himself) Tom Wright (Executive (Morgan)) James Reynolds (Banker) Lauren Bowles (Waitress) F.J. Rio (Street Tough) Thom Vernon (Driver) Len Lesser (Uncle Leo) Ian Abercrombie (Mr. Pitt)

Jerry comments that a friend was hitting on him and Elaine tries to find out if what was true, but gets the voice of the woman and her current boyfriend confused. Elaine's boss eats his Snickers bar with a knife and fork and idea that soon catches on. George thinks a waitress gave him the finger. Jerry gets caught throwing away a thank you card. Jerry cashes some old birthday checks from his grandmother. Jerry's working a PBS pledge drive and gets George to bring a Yankee to appear with him, while en-route to the studio, someone gives George the finger.

b: 06-Oct-94 pc: 603 w: Tom Gammill & Max Pross d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Viewer Rick Streeter notes that in "The Statue" George says that his parents had this exact statue on the mantle of their apartment, but in this episode he says that if his parents had a mantle when he was growing up he might be a completely different person.
Discussion (19) | TrackBack (0)

90. The Chinese Woman Read the script of The Chinese Woman Download the full epiosde video of The Chinese Woman Discuss The Chinese Woman

gs: Kelly Coffield (Noreen) Angela Dohrmann (Donna Chang) William Utay (Dr. Korval) Lucy Lin (Hostess) Jack Tracy (Man) Larry David (Man With Cape (uncredited)) Jerry Stiller (Frank) Estelle Harris (Estelle)

Jerry and Elaine see George's father with a man with a cape but don't say hello. Jerry discovers a Chinese woman on George's phone line after the wires get crossed and he gets a date with her. Kramer gets worried about his sperm count, so he goes to a fertility clinic and then makes a change in his choice of undergarments. Elaine ruins her friend Noreen's latest romance with a long talker. The Chinese woman turns out to be Jewish and from Long Island. Estelle gets advice about her relationship with Frank from the Chinese woman, but discounts it when she meets her. George's life is made miserable when his parent's separate.

b: 13-Oct-94 pc: 604 w: Peter Mehlman d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Kramer is upset because he has to wear boxers and says "There's nothing holding me in place, I'm flippin', I'm floppin'...". Later on he decides not to wear any underwear. I think he'd still be flipping and flopping...yet even more.

91. The Couch Read the script of The Couch Download the full epiosde video of The Couch Discuss The Couch

gs: David James Elliott (Carl) Jessica Hecht (Marie) Reni Santoni (Poppie) David James Elliott (Carl) Robert Hooks (Joe Temple) Denise Dowse (Mother) Patton Oswalt (Clerk) Diana Theodore (Remy) Mari Weiss (Woman #1) Tamar Cooper (Woman #2) Beverly C. Brown (Woman #3) Jeris Lee Poindexter (Man)

Elaine begins to date the guy who delivers Jerry's new couch. Kramer plans to start the pizza business he thought of back in "Male Unbonding" with Poppie. George joins a book club, but tries to rent the movie so he can bluff his way through the meeting. Jerry and Elaine's discussion of the abortion issue causes trouble for Poppie, Elaine's relationship & Jerry's new couch. George spends the evening with the family that has rented the film.

b: 27-Oct-94 pc: 605 w: Larry David d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Viewer Shawn Barat notes that the company that moves the couch is the same company whose phone number Elaine uses to avoid receiving a phone call from the Denim Vest Guy in "The Strike".
Discussion (7) | TrackBack (0)

92. The Gymnast Read the script of The Gymnast Download the full epiosde video of The Gymnast Discuss The Gymnast

gs: Jessica Hecht (Lindsay) Lois Nettleton (Mrs. Enright) Elina L�wensohn (Katya) Maurice Godin (Misha) James Sweeney (Aronson) David Blackwood (Beck) Phil Ramsey (Man in Car) Damian London (Party Guest) Ian Abercrombie (Mr. Pitt)

George and Kramer convince Jerry he'll be missing out on something if he stops dating a Rumanian Olympic gymnast. Jerry and Kramer find out about one of George's bathroom habits. Kramer must pass a kidney stone. The mother of George's girlfriend sees him eat something out of a trash bin, later cleaning a windshield & one of his bathroom habits. Elaine's boss becomes obsessed with finding the image in a 3-D painting, so he sends her to represent him in a huge merger deal.

b: 03-Nov-94 pc: 606 w: Alec Berg & Jeff Schaffer d: Andy Ackerman
Discussion (20) | TrackBack (0)

93. The Soup Read the script of The Soup Download the full epiosde video of The Soup Discuss The Soup

gs: Tracy Kolis (Kelly) Daniel Gerroll (Simon) Linda Wallem (Hildy) Lawrence A. Mandley (Manager / Monk's) Michael Kaplan (Waiter) Steve Hytner (Bania)

Elaine brings over a man she met in England and he turns out to be a real bounder. Jerry accepts an Armani suit from an obnoxious comedian, the only condition, he must treat him to a meal at a restaurant; however, what makes up a meal. George goes for a walk with a waitress from Monk's and manure in the path sums up his relationship with her. After his kidney stone, Kramer decides to eat only fresh foods.

b: 10-Nov-94 pc: 608 w: Fred Stoller d: Andy Ackerman

Viewer Joe notes that the actress who plays Kelly in this episode is the same actress who played Marlene from The Ex-Girlfriend

94. The Mom and Pop Store Read the script of The Mom and Pop Store Download the full epiosde video of The Mom and Pop Store Discuss The Mom and Pop Store

gs: Jon Voight (Himself) Elsa Raven (Mom) Michael Robello (Pop) Tom Wright (Morgan) Ken Thorley (Car Salesman) Dan Frischman (Guy on Phone) Rick Fitts (Dentist) Nancy Balbirer (Woman at Party) Pat Asanti (Electrician) Steve Brady (Man at Party) Matt Gallini (Tough Guy) Ian Abercrombie (Mr. Pitt) Bryan Cranston (Whatley)

A salesman convinces George to buy a convertible once owned by "Jon Voight." Kramer tries to save a small shoe-repair business, but his good intentions affect Jerry in a big way. Elaine wins tickets for Mr. Pitt, who's always wanted to participate in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

b: 17-Nov-94 pc: 607 w: Tom Gammill & Max Pross d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: On 24 Nov 94, instead of an episode of Seinfeld being on, Jerry hosted a one hour special highlighting his two favorite comedians, Bud Abbott & Lou Costello. The special was called Abbott & Costello Meet Jerry Seinfeld.
The ending of this episode, with Kramer suffering a nosebleed and Jerry comforting him in the back of a bus, was a takeoff on the ending to the movie "Midnight Cowboy". The "Midnight Cowboy" theme was present throughout this episode, as Jon Voigt starred in the movie, Jerry wears cowboy boots during the episode, and the theme song from the movie, "Everybody's Talking at Me" is heard playing twice.
Discussion (11) | TrackBack (0)

95. The Secretary Read the script of The Secretary Download the full epiosde video of The Secretary Discuss The Secretary

gs: Joseph R. Sicari (Willie) Arminae Azarian (Saleswoman) Mitzi McCall (Donna) Richard Marion (Guy) Vicki Lewis (Ada) Thomas Mills (Moviegoer) Glynis McCants (Woman) Courtney Taylor (Attractive Applicant) Steve Hytner (Bania)

Jerry confronts his dry cleaner, whom he spotted wearing a jacket that he brought in for cleaning. George passes over hiring an attractive secretary for a less attractive one, he thinks he'll be able to get some work done; however, the secretary's efficiency turns him on, so he gets her a raise and then she makes more than he does. Kramer gets Uma Thurman's phone number and sells Bania his suit at a women's clothing store then he hides in a dressing room until he can get some clothing. At this same store, Elaine tries to buy a dress, but is unsatisfied with the size of the mirrors in the store.

b: 08-Dec-94 pc: 609 w: Carol Leifer & Marjorie Gross d: David Owen Trainor

NOTE: Viewer Kevin Hercules notes the following blooper: When Kramer is in the dressing room in his underwear, his wallet is in the elastic. After he and Jerry are talking for a while, the wallet disappears without him taking it out.
Another viewer notes that Kramer must have gotten used to wearing boxer shorts, instead of briefs or nothing at all, as seen in "The Chinese Woman."

96. The Race Read the script of The Race Download the full epiosde video of The Race Discuss The Race

gs: Todd Kimsey (Ned) Renee Props (Lois) Don R. McManus (Duncan) Vicki Lewis (Ada) Claude Earl Jones (Mr. Bevilaqua) Mark Christopher Lawrence (Boss) Michael Sorich (Castro) Denise Poirier (Arlene) Spencer Klein (Kid) Martin Chow (Lew) Eva Svensson (Woman) Danny Woodburn (Mickey)

Through his current girlfriend, Lois, Jerry meets an old rival, who suspects that he cheated in a high school race and he wants a rematch with Jerry to prove he was faster. Elaine is put on a "blacklist" for Chinese food delivery and finds out her boyfriend is a Communist. George responds to a personal ad in a Communist newspaper while at work, when Steinbrenner hears about it, he wants to see George in his office. Through his friend Mickey, Kramer becomes a department store Santa, who later spouts out Communist propaganda.

b: 15-Dec-94 pc: 612 w: Tom Gammill & Max Pross and Larry David s: Tom Gammill & Max Pross and Larry David & Sam Kass d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Viewer Frank McKinney reminds me that we gets Elaine's address in this episode as 16 W. 75th St., #2-G.
Discussion (9) | TrackBack (0)

97. The Switch Read the script of The Switch Download the full epiosde video of The Switch Discuss The Switch

gs: Sheree North (Babs Kramer) Gail Strickland (Landis) Charlotte Lewis (Nina) Jann Karam (Sandi) Terry Sweeney (Keith) Heather Medway (Laura) Clive Rosengren (Mr. Clotworthy) Jacqueline M. Houston (Lorraine) Cheryl Francis Harrington (Waitress) Tish Smiley (Woman) Wayne Knight (Newman)

Elaine lets a potential employer borrow Mr. Pitt's tennis racket, but the injury suffered may ruin her chances, especially when she must get his racket back. Jerry's girlfriend never laughs, but he meets her roommate who does, so Jerry decides he would like to make "the switch." George's model girlfriend may be bulimic. He needs proof, so he meets Kramer's mother, who's a bathroom matron. While there he finds out Kramer's first name, Cosmo. Kramer decides it is time to be himself and begins to use his first name. George has the perfect plan for "the switch," a menage a trois.

b: 05-Jan-95 pc: 610 w: Bruce Kirschbaum and Sam Kass d: Andy Ackerman
Discussion (5) | TrackBack (0)

98. The Label Maker Read the script of The Label Maker Download the full epiosde video of The Label Maker Discuss The Label Maker

gs: Jessica Tuck (Bonnie) Cleto Augusto (Scott) Wayne Grace (Ukranian) Wayne Knight (Newman) Bryan Cranston (Whatley)

Elaine and Jerry are suspicious of a friend's gift, when a gift Elaine gave him, a label maker, is given to Jerry in return for some Superbowl tickets Jerry has but can't use because "The Drake" is getting married on Superbowl Sunday and he is in the wedding party. George convinces his girlfriend to get her male roommate to move out, that he soon regrets. Kramer takes playing a game of Risk against Newman seriously. The Superbowl tickets pass through several hands and Jerry sees the game with his worst nightmare.

b: 19-Jan-95 pc: 611 w: Alec Berg & Jeff Schaffer d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Viewer Dave Antonoff note that while the outside of the stadium looked like the formerly named Joe Robbie Stadium, it most definitely was not. I'm not surprised, it would be to costly to shoot that on location, although I suppose someone on the production staff could have gone on a trip to Florida to recreate the setting in Hollywood.
Discussion (10) | TrackBack (0)

99. The Scofflaw Read the script of The Scofflaw Download the full epiosde video of The Scofflaw Discuss The Scofflaw

gs: Jon Lovitz (Gary Fogel) Marty Rackham (Jake Jarmel) Barbara Alyn Woods (Debby) Ivory Ocean (Officer Morgan) Basil Hoffman (Salesman) Lillian Lehman (Judge) Danny Breen (Guy With Glasses) Bob Shaw (Cabbie) Dale Harimoto (Reporter) Joe Ochman (Customer) Elisabeth Sjoli (Woman) Wayne Knight (Newman) Richard Fancy (Lippman)

George meets an old friend who's spent the last few months undergoing chemotherapy, that everyone new except him. Kramer calls a litterbug "a pig" near a cop who's on a quest to catch a longtime parking ticket scofflaw. Kramer wanting to change his image, asks Elaine where her old boyfriend got his glasses. He goes to see him at a book signing and says hi for Elaine, that means that she has lost the "upper hand" in their breakup, so she confronts him and then gets even by getting a copy of his glasses. George finds out from Gary, that he lied about his cancer and has been taking advantage of Jerry's kindness. Kramer discovers the identity of "the scofflaw." George gets a toupee.

b: 26-Jan-95 pc: 613 w: Peter Mehlman d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Daniel Benzali was originally scheduled to play the part of the officer.
Discussion (4) | TrackBack (0)

100. Highlights of a Hundred (Part 1) Read the script of Highlights of a Hundred (Part 1) Download the full epiosde video of Highlights of a Hundred (Part 1) Discuss Highlights of a Hundred (Part 1)

Jerry introduces a program that shows highlights from the first 99 episodes of a "show about nothing."

b: 02-Feb-95 pc: 623 w: Peter Mehlman d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: To make my episode count agree with the number that Jerry cited on The Tonight Show in the spring of 1997, I have now included this special in the numbering of the guide and also split it into two parts.
Discussion (18) | TrackBack (0)

101. Highlights of a Hundred (Part 2) Read the script of Highlights of a Hundred (Part 2) Download the full epiosde video of Highlights of a Hundred (Part 2) Discuss Highlights of a Hundred (Part 2)

Jerry introduces a program that shows highlights from the first 99 episodes of a "show about nothing."

b: 02-Feb-95 pc: 624 w: Peter Mehlman d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: To make my episode count agree with the number that Jerry cited on The Tonight Show in the spring of 1997, I have now included this special in the numbering of the guide and also split it into two parts.
Discussion (2) | TrackBack (0)

102. The Beard Read the script of The Beard Download the full epiosde video of The Beard Discuss The Beard

gs: Jon Gries (Rusty) Robert Mailhouse (Robert) Katherine LaNasa (Cathy) Edward Winter (Mr. Stevenson) Georgann Johnson (Mrs. Stevenson) Joan Elizabeth (Denise) John F. O'Donohue (Gus) Jerry Diner (Lou) Mirron E. Willis (Officer #1) Ken Kerman (Officer #2)

Elaine tries to convert a gay man to heterosexuality. George, who's wearing now wearing his toupee discovers that the woman Kramer has set him up with, is bald. Kramer gives a homeless man some Chinese food and begins standing in police lineups for $50 a lineup. Jerry begins to date a cop, but she wants him to take a lie detector test, she thinks he is lying about NOT watching Melrose Place.

b: 09-Feb-95 pc: 615 w: Carol Leifer d: Andy Ackerman
Discussion (15) | TrackBack (0)

103. The Kiss Hello Read the script of The Kiss Hello Download the full epiosde video of The Kiss Hello Discuss The Kiss Hello

gs: Wendie Malick (Wendy) Billye Ree Wallace (Nana) Carol Leifer (Receptionist) Julio Oscar Mechoso (Julio) Rondi Reed (Mary) Gene Elman (Buddy) Mary Scheer (Joan) Louisa Abernathy (Nurse) Timothy McNeil (Jeff) Mark Fite (Jack) C.D. Labove (Steve) Wendy Worthington (Louise) Belinda Barry (Stephanie) Liz Sheridan (Helen) Barney Martin (Morty) Len Lesser (Uncle Leo)

Elaine's friend, a physical therapist, whom Jerry must "kiss hello," has an old style hairdo, that Jerry and Elaine want Kramer to comment on. Jerry's grandmother wants him to open a ketchup bottle and she tells a story about some money that Uncle Leo was supposed to give his sister. Jerry's father is anxious to collect the money and interest Leo owes. Kramer puts tenant pictures up in the lobby and soon Jerry is giving every woman in the building, the "kiss hello"; however, when he stops, he becomes unpopular. George gets his arm looked at, misses a follow up appointment and must pay for that visit. The therapist skips out on her patients, including George, and goes skiing with Elaine. After their trip, she drops Elaine off 3 blocks from her apartment. Elaine injures her shoulder carrying her equipment home, and can't get any complementary treatment. Jerry gets proof of his uncle's dishonesty.

b: 16-Feb-95 pc: 614 w: Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld d: Andy Ackerman
Discussion (8) | TrackBack (0)

104. The Doorman Read the script of The Doorman Download the full epiosde video of The Doorman Discuss The Doorman

gs: Larry Miller (Doorman) Patrick Cronin (Farkus) Reni Santoni (Poppie) Edith Fields (Mrs. Payton) Nick Jameson (Horst) Jack Betts (Mr. Green) Barbara Pilavin (German Woman) Toni Sawyer (Tenant #1) Nigel Gibbs (Tenant #2) Deck McKenzie (Delivery Man) Trudi Forristal (Buxom Woman) Jerry Stiller (Frank) Estelle Harris (Estelle) Ian Abercrombie (Mr. Pitt)

The doorman in Mr. Pitt's building, cause's trouble for Jerry who was only trying to be nice. Kramer robs George on the street for some German tourists. George's father is living with him and when he removes his shirt, George and Kramer see that he has breasts. So, Kramer develops a new undergarment for males ("The Bro" or "The Manssiere") that will alleviate this problem. Jerry offers his soiled couch to replace the one that was stolen while he was "on duty."

b: 23-Feb-95 pc: 616 w: Tom Gammill & Max Pross d: Andy Ackerman
Discussion (1) | TrackBack (0)

105. The Jimmy Read the script of The Jimmy Download the full epiosde video of The Jimmy Discuss The Jimmy

gs: Anthony Starke (Jimmy) Robert Katims (Deensfrei) Mel Torme (Himself) Alison Armitage (Cheryl) Jimmy Bridges (Paramedic) Elan Carter (Receptionist) Richard Herd (Wilhelm) Bryan Cranston (Whatley)

The guys play a game of basketball with "the Jimmy," a man who talks about himself in the third person. Jimmy sells odd shaped training shoes and George is an interested investor. Fresh from the gym, he attends a Yankees meeting about thefts, during which he sweats profusely. Jerry goes to the dental office and discovers they now carry Penthouse in the waiting room. Elaine gets tickets to a benefit for the AMCA (Able Mentally Challenged Adults) featuring Mel Torme, the "Velvet Fog." Elaine tries to meet a handsome guy at the gym, but instead talks with "the Jimmy," who makes the date for himself. On a follow-up visit to the dental office, Jerry feels the dentist and his hygienist may have lived out a fantasy during his time in the chair, the type of thing you might read in Penthouse. Kramer has a visit to the dentist complete with Novocain, later while wearing a pair of Jimmy's shoes, winds up getting a him a seat at the main table of the benefit.

b: 16-Mar-95 pc: 617 w: Gregg Kavet & Andy Robin d: Andy Ackerman

106. The Doodle Read the script of The Doodle Download the full epiosde video of The Doodle Discuss The Doodle

gs: Billye Ree Wallace (Nana) Jill Hennessy (George's Girlfriend (uncredited) (episode # 6.19) 4/6/1995) Dana Wheeler-Nicholson (Shelly) Guy Siner (Mandel) Christa Miller (Paula) Ellis E. Williams (Karl) Coby Turner (Judy) Wayne C. Dvorak (Teacher) Norman Brenner (Passerby) Wayne Knight (Newman) Barney Martin (Morty) Liz Sheridan (Helen) Len Lesser (Uncle Leo)

Jerry is disgusted when he finds out he was eating pecans that were just in his girlfriend's mouth. George finds a doodle that his girlfriend drew of him. Kramer is eating some tasty peaches that come in season for two weeks every year. Fleas force Jerry and his visiting parents out his apartment. Elaine has an interview with a publisher that has suite of rooms at a fancy hotel and that is where Jerry parents get to stay. Jerry stays with his girlfriend. Elaine must go into Jerry's fumigated apartment to get an unpublished manuscript that she is supposed to read for her interview and she can't find it, but Kramer read it in Jerry's apartment and the gas causes him to lose his sense of taste. George finds out that his girlfriend really doesn't care what he looks like. Jerry figures out that Newman gave him the fleas. Meanwhile, Jerry's parents, Uncle Leo and Nana live high on the hog at the hotel.

b: 06-Apr-95 pc: 618 w: Alec Berg & Jeff Schaffer d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Viewer Daniel Massey notes that Newman's apartment in this episode is 5F.

107. The Fusilli Jerry Read the script of The Fusilli Jerry Download the full epiosde video of The Fusilli Jerry Discuss The Fusilli Jerry

gs: Marla Sucharetza (Nancy) Lou Cutell (Dr. Cooperman) Yvette Cruise (Clerk) Estelle Harris (Estelle) Jerry Stiller (Frank) Patrick Warburton (Puddy)

Estelle is getting an eye job. Kramer gets his new license plates from the DMV, but the plates say "ASSMAN." Jerry is disturbed when he finds out his mechanic used his "move" on Elaine while making love to her. Kramer makes a statue of Jerry out of fusilli pasta and he makes the most of his new license plates. Jerry confronts his mechanic and later requires his services. Frank becomes the unwitting victim of one of those "freak" accidents proctologists are always telling stories about.

b: 27-Apr-95 pc: 619 w: Marjorie Gross s: Marjorie Gross & Jonathan Gross and Ron Hague & Charlie Rubin d: Andy Ackerman
Discussion (14) | TrackBack (0)

108. The Diplomat's Club Read the script of The Diplomat's Club Download the full epiosde video of The Diplomat's Club Discuss The Diplomat's Club

gs: Tom Wright (Morgan) Robert Hooks (Joe) Debra Jo Rupp (Katie) Kim Zimmer (Lenore) O'Neal Compton (Earl) John Cothran Jr. (Man) William B. Jackson (Doctor) Christine Cattell (Stewardess) Diana Theodore (Remy) Berta Maria Waagfjord (Bridgette) Mark Wheatle (Waiter) Wayne Knight (Newman) Ian Abercrombie (Mr. Pitt)

After his quick trip to Ithaca, Jerry plans to meet a super model at an airport club, but his assistant, Katie, makes the trip a nightmare. Elaine says she will quit working for Mr. Pitt, but finds out that she's going to be in his will. She becomes a suspect when he overdoses his medication. George tries to prove to his boss that he is not a racist, when he says his boss looks like "Sugar" Ray Leonard. To prove it, he tries to find anyone who's black that will be his friend. While at the airport club, Kramer meets a rich Texan with whom he starts making bets. Kramer hasn't gambled in three years and when he begins to lose, he calls in Newman for reinforcement.

b: 04-May-95 pc: 620 w: Tom Gammill & Max Pross d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Viewer Adam Gutschmidt notes that this must be one of writer Steve Koren's favorite stories as a couple of characters from this story have appeared in his stories. These are the characters: Katie who reappears in "The Abstinence" and Earl Haffler in "The English Patient".

109. The Face Painter Read the script of The Face Painter Download the full epiosde video of The Face Painter Discuss The Face Painter

gs: Mark DeCarlo (Alec Berg) Raye Birk (Mr. Pless) Pierrino Mascarino (Father Hernandez) Joe Lala (Priest) Katy Selverstone (Siena) Peggy Lane O'Rourke (Waitress) David Richardson (Fan #1) Dave Powledge (Fan #2) Jan Eddy (Fan #3) Lawrence LeJohn (Crowd Member) Patrick Warburton (Puddy)

George and his girlfriend discuss toilet paper and he is in love. Elaine's boyfriend paints his face and his behavior at a hockey game, disturbs Jerry, Elaine and a passing priest. A monkey throws a banana peel at Kramer, when he throws it back, the monkey becomes depressed and the zoo demands an apology. George tries to tell his girlfriend that he loves her, but her reaction surprises him. Jerry refuses to give the "necessary" follow-up courtesy thank you for the hockey tickets and Kramer is outraged.

b: 11-May-95 pc: 622 w: Larry David s: Larry David & Fred Stoller d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: Story writer Fred Stoller appears in an uncredited cameo as one of the fans behind the gang and the face painter at the hockey game. Sitting next to Fred wearing a Rangers jersey is the "real" Kramer. Viewer Jerry Balsam noticed that there is a character in this episode named Alec Berg, which also happens to be the name of a one of the show's writer-producers. Coincidence? Also there is a visual reference to the fictional company called Gramercy, that Katy Selverstone worked for in a popular series of commercials that she appeared in.
Viewer Alan Bright notes that in this episode George claims that he has never said I love you, except to a dog. However, in "The Ex-Girlfriend", George says that Marlene squeezed an "I love you" return from him. Perhaps he was in denial.
Finally, Josh Tomel notes that 36-year-old Puddy would have been 20 years old when the Devils moved to New Jersey in 1982 from Colorado. So he couldn't have been watching them as a kid and it is not very likely that he would have been a fan of the Colorado incarnation of the team.

110. The Understudy Read the script of The Understudy Download the full epiosde video of The Understudy Discuss The Understudy

gs: Bette Midler (Herself) Michael McDonald (Player #2) June Kyoko Lu (Ruby) Amy Hill (Kim) Adelaide Miller (Gennice) Bok Yun Chon (Lotus) Vonnie C. Rhee (Sunny) Craig Thomas (Player #1) Michael James McDonald (Player #2) Lou DiMaggio (Stagehand) Jason Beck (Umpire) Bob Shaw (Cabbie) Johnny Silver (Vendor #1) William Bastiani (Vendor #2) Jerry Stiller (Frank) John O'Hurley (Peterman)

George and Jerry are suspected, by the cast and Kramer, of deliberately injuring Bette Midler during a softball game, giving Jerry's girlfriend, Bette's understudy, a chance to perform. Kramer becomes Bette's personal assistant. Elaine gets George's father to translate for her when she suspects that her manicurist has made some obvious snide remarks in a foreign tongue. While crying about losing her manicurists, Elaine meets the owner of a catalog, J. Peterman, and gets herself a new job.

b: 18-May-95 pc: 621 w: Marjorie Gross & Carol Leifer d: Andy Ackerman

NOTE: According to Kenny Kramer, Jack Luceno is Michael Richard's double when shooting is done in NYC.
Discussion (17) | TrackBack (0)

Thythe
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good site, but there's a difference between owning the box sets and just having the episodes on your computer, especially if you're a true DVD collector.

bump
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
season 4 list:

41. The Trip (Part 1) Read the script of The Trip (Part 1) Download the full epiosde video of The Trip (Part 1) Discuss The Trip (Part 1)

gs: Corbin Bernsen (Himself) George Wendt (Himself) Debi A. Monahan (Chelsea) Fred Savage (Himself) Peter Murnik (Lt. Martel) Elmarie Wendel (Helene) Debi A. Monaham (Chelsea) Ricky Dean Logan (The Freak) Vaughn Armstrong (Lt. Coleman) Keith Morrison (Himself) Manfred Melcher (Officer) Christopher Michael Moore (Studio Guard) Dyana Ortelli (Lupe) Michael Gerard (Recepcionist)

With Elaine in Europe, Jerry asks George to accompany him on a trip to LA and The Tonight Show; while there they will try to locate Kramer. While auditioning, Kramer must deal with the advances of an older female landlord (an actress who hasn't worked since 1934) and get someone in Hollywood to read his script treatment. A body is discovered; the victim, a young woman, was strangled. Kramer meets a woman at an audition and he gives her a copy of his script. Jerry loses the correct phrasing for some new jokes and George tries to get Lupe, the chambermaid, to make his bed just right. At The Tonight Show, George disturbs the guests and Jerry bombs. The woman Kramer gave the script to is strangled and his script is found in her possession. Kramer's face is shown on the news as the prime suspect for the "Smog Strangler," a serial-killer.

b: 12-Aug-92 pc: 401 w: Larry Charles d: Tom Cherones

42. The Trip (Part 2) Read the script of The Trip (Part 2) Download the full epiosde video of The Trip (Part 2) Discuss The Trip (Part 2)

gs: Peter Murnik (Lt. Martel) Elmarie Wendel (Helene) Marty Rackham (Officer #1) Peter Parros (Officer #2) Vaughn Armstrong (Lt. Coleman) Clint Howard (Tobias Lehigh Nagy) Steve Greenstein (Man) Kerry Leigh Michaels (Woman) Keith Morrison (Newscaster (Himself)) Peggy Lane O'Rourke (Reporter #1) Deck McKenzie (Reporter #2) Steve Dougherty (Prison Guard)

Jerry and George try to contact the police to tell them Kramer is innocent. Kramer still doesn't know he's wanted. Jerry and George get a ride in a police car and while en route the officers pick up a possible 519. The 519 suspect is put in the back of the car with George and Jerry and they ask him tipping advice. Then all units are called in on Kramer's building, Jerry and George leave the police car door open and the 519 suspect escapes. While Kramer is in for questioning, another victim is found. He is let go and Jerry and George want to know what he is going to do, he is going to stay in LA. Jerry and George are back in New York and Kramer turns up like nothings changed.

b: 19-Aug-92 pc: 402 w: Larry Charles d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: The remaining episodes in this season have a loose, but interconnecting thread, and should be viewed in order. Of course when syndicated the episodes are shown in anything but a logical order. Marty Rackham will reappear as Elaine's exclamation point avoiding boyfriend, Jake Jarmel, in "The Sniffing Accountant". He will return as Jake in two more episodes.
In part one of this two parter, George's bed is the one on the right, which he asks Lupe the chambermaid for a "no tuck". In this part, George ends up sleeping on the bed on the left, which is "tucked" and Jerry is on George's "no tuck" bed. Contributor "iamthewinter" asks, why would they switch beds? Also, this causes George to lose the bet over who has to tip the maid, which he forgets to do anyway.
Viewer Jeff Holland notes that the hotel the Kramer stays in, is the same one that Julia Roberts stays at in Pretty Woman.

43. The Pitch (Part 1) Read the script of The Pitch (Part 1) Download the full epiosde video of The Pitch (Part 1) Discuss The Pitch (Part 1)

gs: Wayne Knight (Newman) Bob Balaban (Russell Dalrimple) Heidi Swedberg (Susan) Peter Crombie ("Crazy" Joe Davola) Kevin Page (Stu) Peter Blood (Jay) Stephen McHattie (Dr. Reston) Julie Blum (Recepcionist) Steve Skrovan (Tommy) Ron Ross (Homeless Man)

NBC executives ask Jerry to come up with an idea for a TV series. George decides he can be a sitcom writer and comes up with "nothing." Kramer trades a radar detector for a helmet, later Newman gets a speeding ticket. While waiting to meet the NBC executives, George and Jerry meet Joe Davola, a writer and "a total nut" who goes to the same shrink as Elaine. Jerry searching for conversation, mentions Kramer's party, whereto Joe wasn't invited. While discussing the disaster of the meeting with NBC, George focuses on starting a relationship with the female NBC executive. Kramer shows his approval by throwing up on her. The helmet saves Kramer from an attack by "Crazy" Joe Davola. While all this is going on Elaine is in Europe with her shrink.

b: 16-Sep-92 pc: 403 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Originally broadcast as part of a 60 min episode.
The character of Russell (Dalrimple) is based on NBC executive Warren Littlefield. This is a role Bob Balaban was born to play as he did show in the late night talk show wars movie called The Late Shift.
Discussion (4) | TrackBack (0)

44. The Ticket (Part 2) Read the script of The Ticket (Part 2) Download the full epiosde video of The Ticket (Part 2) Discuss The Ticket (Part 2)

gs: Wayne Knight (Newman) Bob Balaban (Russell) Heidi Swedberg (Susan) Len Lesser (Uncle Leo) Stephen McHattie (Psychiatrist (Dr. Reston)) Steve Eastin (Cop #1) David Graf (Cop #2) Peter Blood (Jay) Al Fann (Judge) Julie Blum (Receptionist) Kevin Page (Stu)

Kramer suffers side effects from his head injury. NBC gives Jerry and George another meeting and on the way, Jerry throws out a watch his parents gave him. He then meets his Uncle Leo, who picks the watch out of the garbage. Kramer agrees to be an alibi for Newman's trial on a speeding ticket. George and Jerry meet with NBC executives and they give the go ahead for a pilot. Later they hide in the coffee shop, afraid of an attack from "Crazy" Joe. Elaine's shrink realizes that he didn't leave an extra prescription for Joe Davola, for the time while he's on vacation.

b: 16-Sep-92 pc: 404 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones

45. The Wallet (Part 1) Read the script of The Wallet (Part 1) Download the full epiosde video of The Wallet (Part 1) Discuss The Wallet (Part 1)

gs: Stephen McHattie (Dr. Reston) David Sage (Dr. Dembrow) Susan Ilene Johnson (Nurse) Denise Dowse (Receptionist) Brian Leckner (Attendant) Liz Sheridan (Helen) Barney Martin (Morty) Len Lesser (Uncle Leo) Heidi Swedberg (Susan)

Jerry's parents come to town to see a back specialist, they hear about "Crazy" Joe not liking Jerry and ask about the watch they gave him. George "negotiates" the deal with the NBC and gets a box of cigars from Susan's father. While at the doctor's office Morty's wallet is "stolen". Elaine returns from her trip and tries to end her relationship with her shrink. The deal with NBC is lost.

b: 23-Sep-92 pc: 405 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones

46. The Watch (Part 2) Read the script of The Watch (Part 2) Download the full epiosde video of The Watch (Part 2) Discuss The Watch (Part 2)

gs: Stephen McHattie (Dr. Reston) Jessica Lundy (Naomi) Christopher Carroll (Maitre d') Lewis Dauber (Doorman) Mimi Craven (Cynthia) Barney Martin (Morty) Liz Sheridan (Helen) Bob Balaban (Russell) Len Lesser (Uncle Leo) Heidi Swedberg (Susan) Peter Crombie ("Crazy" Joe)

Jerry has dinner with his parents and Uncle Leo. Women, who's paying and the watch are all discussed. Elaine uses Kramer as "her boyfriend" in trying to fool her shrink. George gets Russell's address and tries to get the pilot reinstated. Jerry tries to buy back the watch. Outside her shrink's office, Elaine meets "Crazy" Joe, whom she begins to date.

b: 30-Sep-92 pc: 406 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones
Discussion (5) | TrackBack (0)

47. The Bubble Boy Read the script of The Bubble Boy Download the full epiosde video of The Bubble Boy Discuss The Bubble Boy

gs: Jessica Lundy (Naomi) Brian Doyle-Murray (Mel) Carol Mansell (Mother) O-Lan Jones (Waitress) Jon Hayman (Voice and Arm of Donald) George Gerdes (Man #1) Tony Pappenfuss (Man #2) Heidi Swedberg (Susan)

Jerry's girlfriend, Naomi has a laugh that sounds like "Elmer Fudd sitting on a juicer," and when she hears George's message to Jerry, she breaks up with him. So instead, Jerry asks Elaine to accompany him on a trip to a cabin in the mountain with George and Susan. Kramer isn't invited. Jerry agrees to a side trip to visit a sick fan, a "Bubble Boy." George gets into a fight with the "Bubble Boy" over the correct answer to a Trivial Pursuit question. Kramer and Naomi also make the trip to the cabin and get the fire started.

b: 07-Oct-92 pc: 407 w: Larry David & Larry Charles d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: The Trivial Pursuit question mentioned is an actual error that was discovered in one of the question sets.

48. The Cheever Letters Read the script of The Cheever Letters Download the full epiosde video of The Cheever Letters Discuss The Cheever Letters

gs: Warren Frost (Mr. Henry Ross) Grace Zabriskie (Mrs. Ross) Lisa Malkiewicz (Sandra) Miguel Perez (Luis) Vanessa Marquez (Receptionist) Timothy Omundson (Ricky Ross) Patricia Lee Willson (Sara Ross) David Blackwood (Doorman) Heidi Swedberg (Susan)

Jerry and George begin to work on the pilot for the series they pitched to NBC. Jerry says the wrong thing while "messing" around with one of Elaine's co-workers. George & Susan tell her father about the cabin fire, he becomes distraught and letters saved from the fire soon explain why. Kramer goes to the Cuban Embassy in search of cigars and makes a deal.

b: 28-Oct-92 pc: 408 w: Larry David s: Larry David and Elaine Pope & Tom Leopold d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Cuba is not recognized as a sovereign nation by the United States, so Cuba does not have an embassy in the United States, yet somehow Kramer finds it. It turns out that the Cuban Embassy is located in the United Nations.
Warren Frost and Grace Zabriskie both appeared on David Lynch and Mark Frost's series Twin Peaks. Another Twin Peaks cast member joins Grace and Warren in an appearance in "The Rye".

49. The Opera Read the script of The Opera Download the full epiosde video of The Opera Discuss The Opera

gs: Ross Evans (Mr. Reichman) Hariet S. Miller (Mrs. Reichman) Bill Saluga (Usher) Tom Celli (Man #1) Jason Wingreen (Man #2) Glen Chin (Man #3) Peter Crombie ("Crazy" Joe) Heidi Swedberg (Susan)

"Crazy" Joe leaves Jerry a message saying he will put the "kibosh" on him. Kramer has tickets for the opera, Pagliacci, and everyone is going including Elaine and her boyfriend "Crazy" Joe. Elaine drops in on Joe's apartment and is she surprised by what she discovers, so she maces him with cherry Binaca and ends their relationship. Susan can't attend, so George tries to scalp her ticket. Joe, a big fan of Pagliacci, comes to the opera in clown garb. Kramer, who has an intense fear of clowns, tries sell his ticket to DeVola. Elaine and Jerry attend together not realizing their different estranged relationships with Joe.

b: 04-Nov-92 pc: 409 w: Larry Charles d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Bill Saluga is best remembered for a character he played in Vegas and on variety television. That character was Raymond J. Johnson Jr.. "Oh you don't have to call me Johnson. Now my name is Raymond J. Johnson Jr. You can call me Ray or you can call me...". You get the idea! Also in the late '70s, Bill released a disco album called "Disco Johnson."

50. The Virgin Read the script of The Virgin Download the full epiosde video of The Virgin Discuss The Virgin

gs: Jane Leeves (Marla) Anne Twomey (Rita) Heidi Swedberg (Susan) Kevin Page (Stu) Ping Wu (Ping) Leah Lail (Stacy) Peter Blood (Jay) Derya Ruggles (Woman in Bar) Dayna Winston (Carol) Julie Blum (Receptionist)

After much procrastination, George and Jerry strain to think of an idea for their TV series a few hours before a meeting with NBC executives. Jerry finds out a girl he once met is still a virgin, and later Elaine educates her about men after sex. George wants to end his relationship with Susan so he can exploit his writing profession as a pick-up line. Elaine runs into a Chinese delivery boy. Kramer watches too much television.

b: 11-Nov-92 pc: 410 w: Peter Mehlman s: Peter Mehlman and Peter Farrelly & Bobby Farrelly d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Following the broadcast of this episode Michael Richards played Kramer on an episode of Mad About You. It starred Paul Reiser & Helen Hunt. In the episode called "The Apartment," Reiser must get rid of his old apartment, that it seems Kramer has been subletting from him. However, in the first episode of the seventh season, George and Susan are seen watching and commenting on an episode of Mad About You. See also the NOTE associated with "Good News, Bad News."

51. The Contest Read the script of The Contest Download the full epiosde video of The Contest Discuss The Contest

gs: Jane Leeves (Marla) Ilana Levine (Joyce) Rachel Sweet (Shelly) Andrea Parker (Nurse) Estelle Harris (Estelle Constanza)

George's mother throws her back out when she falls down after catching him doing "you know." When George says he'll never do it again, Jerry challenges him to a contest of self-denial, when he accepts, Elaine and Kramer want in on the action, or rather the lack of it.

b: 18-Nov-92 pc: 411 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Thanks to this episode, the series won the Emmy for best Comedy, Writing and Supporting Actor (Michael Richards). The episode was based in a real life experience of writer Larry David.
Tom Cherones won the Director's Guild of America Award for this episode. This episode was based on a real contest that Larry David participated in.
TV Guide named this episode, specifically the moment where Kramer says he's out, as the third funniest moment in TV history.
Discussion (34) | TrackBack (0)

52. The Airport Read the script of The Airport Download the full epiosde video of The Airport Discuss The Airport

gs: Jennifer Lynn Campbell (Tia) Scott Burkholder (Prisoner) Jim J. Bullock (Attendant #1) Allan Wasserman (Grossbard) Lenny Rose (Passenger #1) Karen Denise Williams (Attendant #2) Annie Korzen (Passenger #2) Deck McKenzie (Security Guard) Maggie Egan (Ticket Clerk) Mark Christopher Lawrence (Sky Cap) Jack Graiman (Cop) William Evan Masters (Driver) Larry David (Voice of Man ordering the leftover kosher meal (uncredited))

When their flight home gets canceled, Jerry & Elaine gets on another flight, the latter gets cramped into coach and Jerry parties in 1st class with a model. George and Kramer go between JFK and La Guardia to pick them up. When they settle on an airport George meets a convict and Kramer sees a man who owes him $240 from years ago.

b: 25-Nov-92 pc: 412 w: Larry Charles d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Larry Charles makes a cameo appearance as the guy who stinks up the bathroom before Elaine goes in. Thanks to Greg Gattuso for this tidbit. Greg is author of the book "The Seinfeld Universe".
Viewer Paul Brackett, who must work in the airline industry, notes the following:
"They were flying from St. Louis to JFK, then to LGA. Only TWA flies these routes non-stop. They showed 2 ground shots of the aircraft, and both of the ground shots were of a Southwest airlines Boeing 737. Then they showed the plane in flight a couple of times, both shots were of a McDonnell Douglas DC-9. Then they showed the interior of the coach section, in which the colors of the seats and the configuration resembled the interior of a Delta coach plane, with 3-3 seating. Both the 737 and the DC-9 are 3-2 seating. Then they showed the interior of the first class section, which looked like the interior of a Continental DC-10 First class section, based on seating arrangements and color of the seats. One would think that folks in the TV industry would fly enough to notice these things!"
A St. Louis based viewer, Randy Canis notes that Jerry and Elaine are not at the real Lambert Field. I wouldn't expect them to be, that would be too expensive to film and only viewers familiar with the airport would ever notice.

Viewer Joe notes that Elaine is supposed to visiting her sister in St. Louis. This is one of only a few references to Elaine having a sister.

53. The Pick Read the script of The Pick Download the full epiosde video of The Pick Discuss The Pick

gs: Jennifer Lynn Campbell (Tia) Gina Hecht (Dana Foley) Nicholas Hormann (Calvin) Tony Carlin (Fred) Francois Giroday (Male Executive) Blaire Baron (Female Executive) Steve Schubert (Man in Office) Heidi Swedberg (Susan) Wayne Knight (Newman)

Elaine is humiliated when she accidentally shows a bit too much on her Christmas card photo, that she has sent out to everyone she knows. Jerry has a date with the model from the plane, she later dumps Jerry because of "The Pick." George tries to reunite with Susan, but realizes it's a mistake, and uses "The Pick". Kramer goes to Calvin Klein to complain about "The Ocean," a fragrance they stole from him, and is asked to pose for a risqu� underwear advertisement.

b: 16-Dec-92 pc: 413 w: Larry David s: Larry David and Marc Jaffe d: Tom Cherones
Discussion (9) | TrackBack (2)

54. The Movie Read the script of The Movie Download the full epiosde video of The Movie Discuss The Movie

gs: Barry Diamond (Buckles) Perry Anzilotti (Usher) Tom LaGrua (Kernis) Eric Poppick (Maurice) Cathy Lind Hayes (Woman Behind Elaine) Allan Kolman (Cab Driver) Molly Cleator (Cashier) Christie Mellor (Concessionaire) Jeff Norman (Man in Line) Paul Eisenhauer (Man in Theatre) Montrose Hagins (Woman in Theatre)

Jerry tries to make two show dates and afterwards go to the movie theater to meet everyone. George gets in the wrong line for tickets. George, Elaine & Kramer decide to go to another theater to see the movie. Kramer waits outside for Jerry but also wants a hot dog. Jerry misses his first show, then goes to movie theater to tell everyone he won't make the movie, but no one is there. Through a comedy of errors, everyone (but Kramer) misses the movie, they were originally going to see.

b: 06-Jan-93 pc: 415 w: Steve Skrovan & Bill Masters & Jon Hayman d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: According to viewer Jim Gilhooly, writer Steve Skrovan appears in an uncredited cameo as the man with the white hat that sits next to Elaine at the movie.

55. The Visa Read the script of The Visa Download the full epiosde video of The Visa Discuss The Visa

gs: Brian George (Babu Bhatt) Maggie Han (Cheryl) Ping Wu (Ping) John Hamelin (Babu's Brother) Gerry Bednob (Babu's Friend)

George meets a Chinese female lawyer who thinks he is real funny; so he tells Jerry not to be funny around her, but she becomes attracted to this. Kramer returns early from baseball fantasy camp, where he accidentally punched Mickey Mantle. A mix-up with Jerry's mail causes Babu to be arrested for not renewing his visa. Jerry tries to get the lawyer to help Babu, but George's honesty when his relationship is threatened causes Babu to be deported and Elaine to still be sued by the delivery boy she hit.

b: 27-Jan-93 pc: 414 w: Peter Mehlman d: Tom Cherones

56. The Shoes Read the script of The Shoes Download the full epiosde video of The Shoes Discuss The Shoes

gs: Gina Hecht (Dana (Foley)) Anita Barone (Gail Cunningham) Michael Ornstein (Waiter) Denise Richards (Molly) Bob Balaban (Russell)

Jerry and George struggle to keep their idea for a TV series alive, one of their problems is they don't know how to do the Elaine character. Jerry meets an old girlfriend he never could kiss, later Kramer gets the opportunity. The ex-girlfriend talks about Elaine's shoes, mainly because she wants them. George is caught staring at the cleavage of the daughter of the NBC executive who is approving their script. Elaine's cleavage provides a means to turn the tables on him.

b: 04-Feb-93 pc: 417 w: Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Viewer Jeff Holland notes that it took Jerry and George a while to get around to adding a female to their pilot, just like it took Jerry and Larry to do.
Discussion (11) | TrackBack (0)

57. The Outing Read the script of The Outing Download the full epiosde video of The Outing Discuss The Outing

gs: Paula Marshall (Sharon) Kari Coleman (Allison) Anthony Mangano (Sailor) Ben Reed (Male Nurse) Lawrence A. Mandley (Manager) Charley Garrett (Man #1) Deck McKenzie (Scott) David Gibbs (Man #2) Liz Sheridan (Helen) Barney Martin (Morty) Estelle Harris (Estelle)

No thanks to Elaine, Jerry must work hard to prove he is straight when a college reporter mistakenly reports that he and George are gay, "not that there is anything wrong with that." Things really get out of hand when the article is picked up by the New York Post.

b: 11-Feb-93 pc: 416 w: Larry Charles d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Viewer Jerry Balsam notes in this episode that Estelle claims to have been helped up by the super; however, we all know that the Costanzas live in a house in Queens.
Kyle Westphal notes George's comment about having to wait for his girlfriend to die. Of course, she becomes his fianc�e first and then she does die, in "The Invitations."
The hospital scene with George and his mother, when the male nurse comes in to give the male patient a sponge bath is a take off of a similar scene in the episode "The Contest." The dialogue between George and his mom, and the nurse and patient is almost identical. The only difference is the sex of the nurse and patient, obviously to go with the theme of this episode.
Larry Charles was nominated for an Emmy for this episode.
Discussion (2) | TrackBack (0)

58. The Old Man Read the script of The Old Man Download the full epiosde video of The Old Man Discuss The Old Man

gs: Bill Erwin (Sid Fields) Tobin Bell (Ron) Robert Donley (Ben Cantwell) Lanei Chapman (Housekeeper) Victoria Dillard (Agency Rep) Jerry Hauck (Tim) Wayne Knight (Newman)

Jerry, Elaine & George volunteer to help the elderly. Jerry gets assigned to a nasty old man. Elaine is repulsed by the goiter problems of hers and George depresses his charge. Kramer and Newman try the business of selling old records to a used record store. Jerry loses track of his man when they try to take him to the dentist to repair his dentures, after the man had bitten Kramer's arm.

b: 18-Feb-93 pc: 418 w: Bruce Kirschbaum s: Larry Charles d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Viewer Eric Scheffel notes that old man's name is Sid Fields. This was the name of the landlord on the The Abbott & Costello Show. Which of featured Jerry's two favorite comedians, Bud Abbott & Lou Costello. In fact on 24 Nov 94, instead of an episode of Seinfeld being on, Jerry hosted a one hour special about the duo. The special was called Abbott & Costello Meet Jerry Seinfeld.
Viewer Gerry Myerson notes that the other old man was named Ben Cantwell. Baseball trivia buffs recognize this as the name of a pitcher for the Boston Braves, who lost 25 games in 1935. No one has lost that many games in a season since then.

59. The Implants Read the script of The Implants Download the full epiosde video of The Implants Discuss The Implants

gs: Megan Mullally (Betsy) Carol Rosenthal (Ticket Clerk #1) Donald Bishop (Dr. Allenwood) Teri Hatcher (Sidra) Tony Amendola (Sal Bass (Rushdie)) Kieran Mulroney (Timmy) Peggy Stewart (Aunt May) Bruce E. Morrow (Father Jessup) Susan Beaubian (Ticket Clerk #2)

Jerry dumps his girlfriend after Elaine says her figure is the result of implants. Kramer claims to have seen Salman Rushdie at the health club. By accident Elaine later discovers the breasts are real. George accompanies his current girlfriend to Detroit for her aunt's wake. While there he tries to get a copy of her death certificate so he can get a 50% discount on the airfare.

b: 25-Feb-93 pc: 419 w: Peter Mehlman d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Teri Hatcher plays Jerry's girlfriend in this episode. She will later play Lois Lane, in the series Lois & Clark. A distant Superman reference.
Discussion (8) | TrackBack (0)

60. The Junior Mints Read the script of The Junior Mints Download the full epiosde video of The Junior Mints Discuss The Junior Mints

gs: Susan Walters (Mystery Woman) Sherman Howard (Roy) Victor Raider-Wexler (Doctor)

Jerry has a date with a woman whose name he has forgotten, but it "rhymes with a female body part." Could it be "Mulva"? Elaine visits an old boyfriend who's in the hospital for an operation; he was once fat, thin she's interested again. Kramer gets an opportunity to witness the operation and he drags Jerry along, while watching they have an accident with a "Junior Mint."

b: 18-Mar-93 pc: 421 w: Andy Robin d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Her name is... I can't tell you everything! However, if you must know, see "The Foundation," where she returns assuming that Jerry has grown up.
This episode sparked a lawsuit from an employee of a company located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. The employee claims that this company allegedly used the following incident as an excuse to fire him. He discussed this episode with a female co-worker. She didn't get the joke. So he provided a photocopy of a dictionary definition of the body part in question so he wouldn't have to say it.
For the record, the company from Milwaukee was in fact Miller Brewing Company, of Miller High Life and Miller Lite fame. Second biggest brewer in the country. This is why this case got so much press. He originally won about $25 million in damages, but later had to file for bankruptcy after Miller appealed and the courts threw the case out. (http://www.jsonline.com/news/Metro/dec01/4579.asp for more information)

61. The Smelly Car Read the script of The Smelly Car Download the full epiosde video of The Smelly Car Discuss The Smelly Car

gs: Michael Des Barres (Restaurateur) Nick Bakay (Carl) Kari Coleman (Allison) Taylor Negron (Hairdresser) Courtney Gains (Clerk) Raf Mauro (Car Washer) Viveka Davis (Mona) Robert Noble (Salesman) Patricia Place (Wife) Walt Beaver (Husband) Heidi Swedberg (Susan)

The strong body odor of a valet is left in Jerry's car. George can't believe it when he spots Susan holding hands with another woman. Elaine loses her current boyfriend and Jerry is forced to try to sell the car, because the odor has taken a life of its own and permeated everything. George is turned by Susan's new outlook on life. Susan's friend is swayed to heterosexuality by Kramer, though later turned back off by a whiff of a jacket that Kramer borrowed from Jerry. When the car can't be sold, Jerry winds up leaving it and the keys out on the street.

b: 15-Apr-93 pc: 422 w: Larry David & Peter Mehlman d: Tom Cherones
Discussion (12) | TrackBack (0)

62. The Handicap Spot Read the script of The Handicap Spot Download the full epiosde video of The Handicap Spot Discuss The Handicap Spot

gs: John Randolph (Frank Costanza (see NOTE)) Richard Portnow (Ray) Kathy Kinney (Angry Woman) Rick Overton (The Drake) Nancy Lenehan (Volunteer) Elizabeth Dennehy (Allison) Fritzi Burr (Maj-Jongg Lady #1) Norma Janis (Maj-Jongg Lady #2) Ina Parker (Maj-Jongg Lady #3) Marvin Braverman (Cop) David Blackwood (Security Guard) Eric Fleeks (Kicker) Donna Evans (Lula) Estelle Harris (Estelle) Jerry Stiller (Frank)

Going out to buy an engagement party present for "The Drake," George parks his father's car in a handicap parking spot, after taking Kramer's advice. An angry mob trashes the vehicle when a disabled woman gets injured, because of the illegal parking. While visiting the woman at the hospital, Kramer falls in love and feels compelled to replace the wheelchair. George becomes his father's butler after his father gets arrested for parking in the spot.

b: 13-May-93 pc: 420 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: The U.S. syndicated version of this episode features Jerry Stiller in the role of Frank Costanza. Viewers overseas, still see John Randolph in the role. The sequences were re-shot in the spring of 1995. A role he didn't formally start until the next season in "The Puffy Shirt". I've been typed that the John Randolph version is still being seen overseas.
Viewer Jerry Balsam notes that in this episode, Kramer was referred to as a "hipster doofus," which is an inside joke Larry David wrote in response to a review of the series by Francis Davis that appeared in the December 1992 issue of The Atlantic Monthly. In the review, Davis describes one of the characters as "Jerry's across-the-hall neighbor, a hipster doofus known simply as Kramer." See the article at the Atlantic Monthly's website.
Viewer Ross Raniere seems to remember some controversy surrounding this episode before it was first aired. There was some backlash and offense taken at the plot. It was written in an article that it may not be aired. Given the production code of the episode, I would suggest that the airing of the episode was delayed and perhaps some of the content adjusted to appease the critics. Anyone have any details?
Overseas viewer Baptiste has noticed that in this episode Jerry says that he wants to buy a yoyo. In the "The Junior Mint", he has one and he is learning to play with it (we actually see him try and try, explaining that he is just learning): an example of losing something when episodes are shown out of production order.
Discussion (38) | TrackBack (0)

63. The Pilot (Part 1) Read the script of The Pilot (Part 1) Download the full epiosde video of The Pilot (Part 1) Discuss The Pilot (Part 1)

gs: Mariska Hargitay (Melissa Shannon) Anne Twomey (Rita) Gina Hecht (Dana Foley) Jeremy Piven (Michael Barth (TV George)) Larry Hankin (Tom Pepper (TV Kramer)) Kevin Page (Stu) Laura Waterbury (Casting Director) Elena Wohl (Sandi Robbins (TV Elaine)) Bruce Jarchow (Doctor) Al Ruscio (Manager) Richard Gant (Fred) Peter Blood (Jay) Roger Rose (Mark) Samantha Dorman (Waitress) Erick Avari (Cabbie) Bob Shaw (Paul) Stephen Burrows (David) Bob Balaban (Russell) Peter Crombie ("Crazy" Joe)

Jerry and George get the green light to produce Jerry, the pilot for the series based on their "nothing" lives. Russell Dalrimple, the president at NBC behind the pilot, is obsessed with Elaine. George is obsessed with a white spot on his lip and a box of raisins taken by actor playing Kramer. The real Kramer has an internal plumbing problem and on his way to fix it, he gets delayed and is caused to "miss his chance." Jerry has an audition with the new "Elaine," a method actress interested in being Elaine in every way. The real Elaine has a problem with the coffee shop, they appear to be only hiring buxom waitresses, so she tries to get hired and files a report.

b: 20-May-93 pc: 423 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones

Discussion (13) | TrackBack (0)

64. The Pilot (Part 2) Read the script of The Pilot (Part 2) Download the full epiosde video of The Pilot (Part 2) Discuss The Pilot (Part 2)

gs: Anne Twomey (Rita) Jeremy Piven (Michael Barth (TV George)) Larry Hankin (Tom Pepper (TV Kramer)) Kevin Page (Stu) Elena Wohl (Sandi Robbins (TV Elaine)) Al Ruscio (Manager) Richard Gant (Fred) Peter Blood (Jay) Brian Bradley (Butler) Bob Shaw (Paul) Deborah Swisher (1st AD) Jeff Oetjen (Wilton) Pat Hazell (Himself) Kari Coleman (Allison) Bill Erwin (Sid) Lanei Chapman (Housekeeper) Jane Leeves (Marla) Unknown (John-John) Rick Overton (The Drake) Elizabeth Dennehy (Allison) Maggie Han (Cheryl) Ping Wu (Ping) Brian Doyle-Murray (Mel) Carol Mansell (Mother) Jon Hayman (Voice of Donald) Jennifer Lynn Campbell (Tia) Nicholas Hormann (Calvin) Teri Hatcher (Sidra) Tony Amendola (Sal Bass (Rushdie)) Larry David (Man on Raft (uncredited)) Bob Balaban (Russell) Peter Crombie ("Crazy" Joe) Heidi Swedberg (Susan) Barney Martin (Morty) Liz Sheridan (Helen) Wayne Knight (Newman)

Rehearsals for the pilot begin. Russell's obsession with Elaine begins to affect his work. George asks TV Kramer about the raisins. The real Kramer might be forced to work on his plumbing problem by using the "dreaded apparatus." Elaine gets an investigation started on the owner of the diner. George gets the results of the biopsy of his white spot. At the taping of the pilot, Elaine sneaks in disguised and "Crazy" Joe jumps out of the audience. Elaine finds Morty's wallet in Jerry's couch. Everyone from the past season comments on the pilot as it's broadcast, they all think it's great. When Russell disappears, the fate of the pilot is in the hands of the new president, a person convinced that Jerry can't act.

b: 20-May-93 pc: 424 w: Larry David d: Tom Cherones

NOTE: Originally broadcast as part of a 60 min episode. The major characters from the past season that make comments on the pilot were not credited for this episode; however, we know who most of them were, so I've included their credit for this episode.

Sponger15SB
05-19-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good site, but there's a difference between owning the box sets and just having the episodes on your computer, especially if you're a true DVD collector.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really buy DVDs or CDs, but I will totally be buying all the box sets of seinfeld instead of just DLing them.

Also, there are TONS of extras in the seinfeld DVDs

Sponger15SB
05-19-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
User has been ignored

You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

A tip for those who don't want to have their threads cluttered up by unneccesarily long posts, just block them till the thread dies.

Also, the last season was BY FAR the best season of seinfeld.

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif