PDA

View Full Version : standard situation,should you always call down with no read?

Noodles
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
PP 1/2$
im in BB with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
folded to button he calls,SB folds, i check

FLOP:J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
i bet ,he raises, i call

TURN:Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
i check, he bets, i call

RIVER:K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
i check, he bets, i fold

ok now i see this fold is pretty bad,
i really think on the turn when i dint cr or bet or something that if he was bluffing or betting a lesser hand that i gave out a signal that i dint have a Q,
although if he was betting a spade draw he got it on the end.

should i have done something on the turn to see where i was,or is calling down the best in case he has a lesser hand, a tunn CR might fold a worst hand.

what if i trun CRed he calls, what do i do on the river.

should i have bet the turn,mayve that is the best option

RunDownHouse
05-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I would probably donk the turn, folding if raised. Typical 1/2 Party players won't raise without have you pretty beat there.

Noodles
05-20-2005, 08:04 AM

Noodles
05-20-2005, 09:58 AM
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TMFS9
05-20-2005, 10:43 AM
I also probably stop and go here, folding to a turn raise. That river card sucks and it would really depend on any kind of read for my river action.

Noodles
05-20-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
would probably donk the turn, folding if raised. Typical 1/2 Party players won't raise without have you pretty beat there.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i shouldve bet into him on the turn to see his reaction,
actually the river card ws what helped me to fold,if it was a rag i mightve called,

Noodles
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
purleeseee

StellarWind
05-20-2005, 04:36 PM
You could checkfold the turn. Your kicker is junk and your outs versus a queen just got vaporized.

You are only getting about 4-2 odds on calling him down here. If he chooses to bet the turn I doubt you win 1/3 of the time. Keep in mind that if he is semibluffing you can still lose because he has 8-9 strong outs plus a likely overcard.

The problem with bet-folding the turn is he is apt to put you on a queen and just call with his own queen (or good jack). You wind up getting trapped for two bets drawing dead.

In a more aggressive game or with a suitable read you would probably need to take a tougher line here. But at 1/2 the odds that you are ahead and can stay ahead are not good.

Noodles
05-21-2005, 07:35 AM
everyone else on holidays or what? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sinnister
05-22-2005, 05:49 PM
is folding on the flop an option here?