PDA

View Full Version : pp 100+9: bubble. damn you, and your damn gayraising

THWAP!
05-19-2005, 01:12 PM
initial raiser has been semifrequently gayraise stealing. what do you think of this resteal? given the stack sizes, tourney sit'n involved, etc. Also, what range of hands would do this with? Any two if you really wanted to resteal?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2155)
MP (t1875)
Button (t1810)
Hero (t2150)
BB (t2010)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t400</font>, EDIT: I RAISE ALLIN. BB CALLS. INITIAL RAISER FOLDS

Flop: (t700) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t700) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t700) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t700

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah 7c (one pair, aces).
BB has Kd Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: BB wins t700. </font>

ferb
05-19-2005, 01:29 PM
fold.

citanul
05-19-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

why, because the bb has kings?

citanul

jcm4ccc
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Good play. Bad luck.

citanul
05-19-2005, 01:33 PM
first off, the use of "gayraise" is unacceptable. grow up.

second off, if i felt that the guy was opening too much, with miniraises particularly, and that there was a good shot that he would fold, i'd start coming over his raises, particularly lp raises, with a lot worse than A7. your play here was fine. you might want to consider next time you post cutting off the hand history when it is your turn to act, since that is where you have a question, or cutting it off immediately after your action, to ask what people think of that action.

citanul

adanthar
05-19-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first off, the use of "gayraise" is unacceptable. grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's spreading from mid-high stakes. I don't know where it came from before that but I think it needs to be rooted out with fire right now.

THWAP!
05-19-2005, 02:16 PM
actually, i use it because it's mildly amusing. i got it from stewart reuben's "how good is your pot limit omaha" and the PLHE book. he uses it liberally. and he's british, so he's automatically more cultured and whatnot.

sorry, irony doesn't translate well on message boards.

RiverDood
05-19-2005, 02:51 PM
It's a mistake to get emotional about someone else's playing style. That's when you make bad decisions.

Play back at the bully when you're last to act. You read him just fine -- but you had unexpected risk in the hand because of the BB acting after you. You lost sight of that with a borderline hand.

I don't want to seem like I'm belaboring you on an all-in that didn't work out. But as long as we're coining phrases, here's one word to describe reraising with a weak Ace.

Impotent.

kyro
05-19-2005, 03:07 PM
I fold here. You have enough chips to not be frantic here. Also, as another poster pointed out, the BB acting behind you makes it a clearer fold. FWIW, I still think it's a very close decision...I might push with A9, but I would fold in this position.

THWAP!
05-19-2005, 03:38 PM
elaborate on the weakace part. if you don't want to snap off here, then fine. but surely, there must exist some class of hands that you would snapoff with here. and if so, what're they?

RiverDood
05-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I'd have gladly pushed with AJ or better, even with the BB in the picture. Probably also with AT. Certainly with TT or better. Probably also with 99. In every case, I lose, too -- given BB's monster hand.

My worry about weak aces is that they're so darn vulnerable when they're up against middle PPs (66-99) or a better Ace. My kicker's generally useless -- and if I'm responding to someone else's aggression, I'd like to have both cards play.

I can understand your annoyance at a bully who is trying to buy too many pots. But at this stage he isn't on the verge of steamrollering the table. You've got time to swat him away with a better hand.