PDA

View Full Version : Probably boring hand from party1000 6max, TPTK OOP

dirty lettuce
05-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Interested in seeing what the concensus among others is here.

I've only been at the table for a few orbits, MP has a 5k stack and has been playing aggressively, raising a few times and then betting the pot on the flop every time.

MP opens for 35 (pot), I'm SB and call with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB calls.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Quite certain that if I check, MP will bet the pot (103).

What's the plan? Apologies in advance for such a seemingly boring post.

Yeti
05-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I try to play a small pot here.

Check call flop.

Check turn and see what he does. I'm not sure if this is the optimal line, as obviously you're giving free cards on a scaryish board but that's better than getting raised imo.

sMethod
05-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Id bet the flop 1/2 - 3/4 the pot. If he calls, bet again no matter what turns if he raises I might call depending on how much and hope a scare card mainly a /images/graemlins/spade.gif to hit so I can bet my whole stack at him on the turn. This style of play is super hard to deal with and make your opponents do alot of guessing, yes its scary to be that aggressive but you have outs to any hand. If he calls both bets Id be stumped on what to do on the river out of posisition, if 2 blanks peeled off your in a horribly tough spot from here I dont know what I do

If other could help me out in this spot id be greatful

id probably bet alittle more than I bet last time If he was a player that is willing to call down with a worse hand but if i think he was trapping id probably have to fold to a large reraise so betting is dangerous /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

gomberg
05-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Have you seen what he does on the turn? If you don't really know, I'd check call flop then stop and go 2/3 pot on the turn if a blank comes. If a spade comes, CR all-in can't be too bad. If he raises turn on a blank, you have a decision.

I really like to take advantage of players who pot it every time they raise on the flop. Usually I do this by check calling the flop (or check-raising). The problem with checkraising here is that you're bloating the pot with one pair and he may only call you / raise you with a very strong draw or a hand that has you beat.

Leading out is an option, but unless he has a strong draw or 2pair better, you're not getting action, and if you do get action, he may have a monster draw that's close to a coin flip anyway. If you think he'd call with a hand like AQ or pair + gut-draw, leading out has its merits. Also covers for bets like this when you semi-bluff, pure-bluff on the flop into a preflop raiser.

So I vote for check call then stop and go unless a spade hits where I CR all-in. Can't articlulate any great reasons why though.

sMethod
05-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Check Raising all in if a spade falls on the turn is just a standard power poker play. Its GREAT for your image and you can move you opponent off alot of hands almost every thing depending on how he plays and how may chips he has. Even if you do get called you have outs to the flush and if he had 2 pair you might have 5 more outs to abuse