PDA

View Full Version : JJ - turn check 3 way pot

Isura
05-19-2005, 11:39 AM
No reads.
Bad flop bet? I don't see myself winning too often on that turn 3 handed. I'd hate to have to pay 2BB to hit my 6 outer.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero checks</font>

krishanleong
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Excellent turn check.

Krishan

StepRightUp
05-19-2005, 11:44 AM
I don't like the turn check at all. Why are you giving 2 players a free card? You must bet the flop. I think you should bet the turn and fold to raise. Check down the river if you don't get raised on the turn and fold to a river bet.

EnderFFX
05-19-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads.
Bad flop bet? I don't see myself winning too often on that turn 3 handed. I'd hate to have to pay 2BB to hit my 6 outer.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero checks</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like turn check, I think you can win it right there. If you get check raised, you still have 8 outs to the nuts and an outside chance of 2 outs to win. (the other jacks are debateable) If you hit your straight you've hidden your strength and you may get an opponent who has stuck around on Ax betting for you.

krishanleong
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn check at all. Why are you giving 2 players a free card? You must bet the flop. I think you should bet the turn and fold to raise. Check down the river if you don't get raised on the turn and fold to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of questions for you.

1. How often do you think you are ahead here?

2. If you give a free card, how likely is it to ruin your hand if indeed you have the best hand at the moment?

3. If you bet can you fold to a turn cr?

4. What is the minimum equity you have in the pot?

Krishan

krishanleong
05-19-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like turn check, I think you can win it right there. If you get check raised, you still have 8 outs to the nuts and an outside chance of 2 outs to win. (the other jacks are debateable)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. UTG raised. What range of hands do you put him on? How does 1 pair of jack fare against that range?

Krishan

EnderFFX
05-19-2005, 11:57 AM
AT, pocket pairs, etc. The fact that he hasn't bet on the flop or the turn either indicates weakness or strength. (i know, profound statement) If he has a weak hand you may push him out and prevent him from drawing out on you. (AT, looking for the Jack, pp, looking for trips, etc) Either player may have picked up a back door flush draw and you have to charge them for it. If he is ahead, you still have a draw to the nuts. If the board was paired, or there wa a 3 flush it would be completely different.

StepRightUp
05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Good questions Krishan. I missed the OESD on the turn. You probably can't fold to a c/r as you're getting odds to call. No one with a K is leaving the hand either. I'm changing my opinion to good turn check.

Good thing for this forum or I'd be broke. heh.

PokerBob
05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like turn check, I think you can win it right there. If you get check raised, you still have 8 outs to the nuts and an outside chance of 2 outs to win. (the other jacks are debateable)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. UTG raised. What range of hands do you put him on? How does 1 pair of jack fare against that range?

[/ QUOTE ]

At Party 1/2 in a SH game.......uh, any 2 of the same color????

ISF
05-19-2005, 12:00 PM
This is a super easy turn check. Your opponents are usually either way ahead here or drawing to very few if any outs.

krishanleong
05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AT, pocket pairs, etc. The fact that he hasn't bet on the flop or the turn either indicates weakness or strength. (i know, profound statement) If he has a weak hand you may push him out and prevent him from drawing out on you. (AT, looking for the Jack, pp, looking for trips, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs does AT have against us? How many outs does a pp have against us? (Which is unlikely, are you calling with 99 or 88 in that spot?)

Getting checkraised in this spots is very bad. It's costs about 1.6 BB. Checking either gives up very little because we are ahead or gives up nothing since we are behind.

Krishan

Isura
05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 is super passive.

krishanleong
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He raised UTG. You can't assume a donk until proven otherwise. Give him a 12% PFR and add in 5% for donkinshness and you still don't get anywhere near any 2 suited.

Krishan

PokerBob
05-19-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He raised UTG. You can't assume a donk until proven otherwise. Give him a 12% PFR and add in 5% for donkinshness and you still don't get anywhere near any 2 suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about being sooooted?