PDA

View Full Version : theBruiser replacing Vince as WPT's worst troll?

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse over there... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2427633&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

lucas9000
05-19-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am serious btw in my point here. It is not hard to name better writers. Negreanu, supersystem, Phillips, most posters on this site, Diablo, Clarkmeister, FLynn, Ml4l, turnipmonster, ike, mason, practically everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, mr. supersystem sure can write.

this is too good.

PoBoy321
05-19-2005, 11:05 AM
What a douche. I mean seriously, whatever, David Sklansky isn't the best writer out there. As a matter of fact, I believe that he actually devotes a section in every one of his books to that fact. However, among poker writiers, he's certainly the best theorist and one of the best writers.

TStoneMBD
05-19-2005, 11:17 AM
i didnt even see this thread. this was too funny to miss. thanks for the link.

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 11:19 AM
He is becoming quite the dick lately. He still getting shut down by the females?

lucas9000
05-19-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He still getting shut down by the females?

[/ QUOTE ]

has he even gotten close enough to one to be shut down?

PoBoy321
05-19-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt it. Based solely on his posts, Bruiser doesn't exactly seem like the most charming, charismatic guy.

As a matter of fact, I was thinking about starting a thread to determine whether or not people think that Bruiser would be a fun guy to hang out with in real life. I thought that the answer would be a resounding "no," but I guess we'll never know.

Yeti
05-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Cmon guys, lay off him. Dynasty will be posting the Teletubbies picture soon if you don't.

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I like Bruiser. I think he's pretty funny. I didn't used to, but he's grown on me.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse over there... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2427633&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you posting the ultimate in poker gayness (WPT forum) in OOT????

Yobz
05-19-2005, 11:38 AM
This kid needs to get laid, badly.

nolanfan34
05-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Whether you agree with thebruiser or not, that's not trolling. I think he wants to have a discussion about the point that he's making. That's not anything like the millions of random threads that other people make in that forum that don't have to do with anything.

Besides, his consistent misspelling of Sklansky cracks me up for some reason.

And finally, shame on you for posting this actual poker-related thread in OOT. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the WPT forum has been awesome lately.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So its not a bunch of large egos, just talking [censored] to each other any more?

IndieMatty
05-19-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So its not a bunch of large egos, just talking [censored] to each other any more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah. It is; but it's like watching a trainwreck. And seeing which "respected" posters suck up to whom is something we should be putting prop bets on.

wacki
05-19-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is becoming quite the dick lately. He still getting shut down by the females?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like that song. "18 with an attitude, 19 and starting to act real rude." Even a small amount of success or money at a young age will do that to you. Still, I don't think he's that much of a dick, he's just honest. Even though I don't study NLHE (I'm a limit player that only plays drunk NL with friends) bruiser seemed to have a valid point. Hell even David Sklansky agreed with Bruiser.

To be honest, I liked the thread topic a lot, I just didn't like the responses. Bruiser is an incredibly honest person. His tactfulness isn't always the best, but that should change in time. People who attack free though are the same people who attack Lawrence Summers and force Harvard to dish out $50 million for stating the truth.

Linky for lack of freedom of thought (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2419212&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And finally, shame on you for posting this actual poker-related thread in OOT. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I almost didn't but this was too good for anyone to miss. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
05-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Well said. Honesty plus a touch of social retardedness. He's still alright in my book.

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well said. Honesty plus a touch of social retardedness. He's still alright in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was VERY well said.

Yeti
05-19-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was VERY well said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Flynn
05-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Good response from David.

Danny my question to you is so what? David's got hands in many pots and doesn't necessarily spend his days writing no limit books or thinking about poker.

The big question in my mind is why 2+2 does not use player editors. There are many players on this forum who could vastly improve the writing of the books and would do so simply for an acknowledgement of their editing input in the text. I have written papers and published books and have always had others read the material and help with the editing. It's simply part of doing it well.

Matt

kyro
05-19-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The big question in my mind is why 2+2 does not use player editors. There are many players on this forum who could vastly improve the writing of the books and would do so simply for an acknowledgement of their editing input in the text.

[/ QUOTE ]

And steal God...ahem...Sklansky's thunder? Pshaw!

nolanfan34
05-19-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The big question in my mind is why 2+2 does not use player editors. There are many players on this forum who could vastly improve the writing of the books and would do so simply for an acknowledgement of their editing input in the text.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I write for a living, and would certainly offer my services, just for the chance to see the material before it's published. I just picked up Getting Started on Hold Em, and I've noticed a number of typos and mistakes.

Shajen
05-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Awesome, Bruiser.

You are teh man.

http://heroartsstamps.com/coop/lGR1044Great%20Job.jpg

SmileyEH
05-19-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt it. Based solely on his posts, Bruiser doesn't exactly seem like the most charming, charismatic guy.

As a matter of fact, I was thinking about starting a thread to determine whether or not people think that Bruiser would be a fun guy to hang out with in real life. I thought that the answer would be a resounding "no," but I guess we'll never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for danny being a fun kid to hang out with.

-SmileyEH

mmbt0ne
05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I think it's funny that greater than 80% of the responses in that post are serious.

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's funny that greater than 80% of the responses in that post are serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The unintentional comedy factor is very high.

tbach24
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

You should write up a trip report of you and bruiser goign to that party.

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 04:28 PM
He's up to 64 replies. Go, Bruiser! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Prevaricator
05-19-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Danny is the man.

theBruiser500
05-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Thank you friends.

Daliman
05-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Eh, while I disagree with him, I don;t have any problem at all with him posting that. He's some literati(THAT"S THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR LAST NIGHT! bookophile....dumbass) type it seems.

gumpzilla
05-19-2005, 06:13 PM
If you want a phile word for that, bibliophile works just fine.

Daliman
05-19-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want a phile word for that, bibliophile works just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
DAMMIT, THAT'S THE WORD!

Blarg
05-20-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I write for a living, and would certainly offer my services, just for the chance to see the material before it's published. I just picked up Getting Started on Hold Em, and I've noticed a number of typos and mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. The number of punctuation and spelling boners has always surprised me, coming from a company whose subject matter and authors I have a tendency to associate with a kind of pride and perfectionism.

It's a weird combo of poker genius + "You gotta be kidding me."

daryn
05-20-2005, 04:55 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. The number of punctuation and spelling boners has always surprised me, coming from a company whose subject matter and authors I have a tendency to associate with a kind of pride and perfectionism.

It's a weird combo of poker genius + "You gotta be kidding me."

[/ QUOTE ]

really? it surprised you, even after reading the preface about how they aren't english professors, and they're not teaching proper grammar, but rather how to win money playing poker?

you must be surprised by a lot

Blarg
05-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Not even close. Do you see why? Apparently not.

Errors are jarring and unprofessional. While they're hardly a crime, a mea culpa preface does nothing to change that. Nor does flipping it around with criticism of people who notice, which is probably all of them.

Most books are not written by English professors, nor have they been written to teach proper grammar, or punctuation, or spelling. There's nothing special about 2+2 books in that regard. High standards are either there or they aren't.

And yes, I do tend to expect at least parity in quality from people I think of as perfectionists -- parity in quality with the average published book.

Super/system need not apply.