PDA

View Full Version : God bless America????

09-12-2001, 06:12 AM
It always amazes me when these people say stuff like this. Religion is such a bad thing for society. "God" sure as f*ck didn't bless us today. If it weren't for these crazy religions (I am referring to all of them) the world would be such a better place- All kinds of terrorism is spawned out of these horrible religions, both in modern times (duh) and throughout written history, and probably well before then too. I wish George W. wouldn't say things like "god bless America" and quote some garbage from psalms. I voted for him and hope he does evrything in his power to crush these rotten terrorists and the corrupt nations that aid in their horrific endeavors. I would like to leave with a couple quotes that I think are pretty good:

"The curriculum has been set,

Logic is a threat,

Reason searched and seized"

Its pretty true, considering that faith pretty much requires one to adhere to the above rules even though no priest would say it so bluntly.

"Religion's just synthetic frippery,

Unnecessary in our expanding global culture of efficiency"

If we had none of these religious freaks we probably would have a more efficient culture.

Anyway these are just my rants, At least I feel safe, I hear a bunch of planes flying around the skies, they must be military planes keeping us safe since civillian crafts aren't allowed to be flying right now.

09-12-2001, 09:25 AM
What bothers me is when the big guys say "God Bless America" it sounds like they are denying the rest of the world... "God Bless America, but f*** Canada, Mexico, all our neighbors and homelands. If it must be said, how about saying "God Bless Us All" instead. jan

09-12-2001, 09:48 AM
Amen brother. All these problems over a bunch of fairy tales.

09-12-2001, 10:06 AM
"God" sure as f*ck didn't bless us today. "

"God" didn't blow up the World Trade Center either. For whatever reason this was a terrorist act committed by people. "God" is an excuse that some maniacs use to justify their horrific actions. Let's blame the people not their "god".

Vince

FWIW - I do not believe in a God.

09-12-2001, 07:35 PM
No no, I am not blaming some God. I am saying that it is so silly for people to say things like "god bless America". What I do blame is the people, for ignorance and blind faith in religions (remember, many think that blind faith is a virtue), or even worse doing terrorist acts for their religion. If people didn't have these silly beliefs, we would be better off IMO. That was the point I was trying to make. Obviously I wasn't blaming some mythological character for anything- just blaming the masses who belive in thse things :-)

09-12-2001, 07:42 PM
What bothers me is that a fictitious character is being requested to "bless" America. Terrorists are convinced we are the Devil and god is on their side! Hmmmmmmm it makes so little sense.

09-12-2001, 10:41 PM
Wow,

Americans who don't believe in God.

Don't you get ostracised over there if that is the case.

09-13-2001, 01:19 PM
Hey guys,

First off I am agnostic because I believe that it is quite possible there is a god and at the same time quite unlikely. In response to Dang: No we don't get bothered really (at least I don't 6'4" 240lbs). I think that religion holds value to a great number of people in this country because it helps them rally against the feeling they are having currently. I have said many prayers in the last couple of days purely because I cannot disprove the existence of god. I think that if people believe that these fellow citizens, who died so horribly, will go to heaven then it helps soften the blow. As long as religion isn't used to justify evil actions then how can it be evil? The only fear I have of religion in America is that it will be used in the same way. Launching a crusade that will cost innocent lives would be quite irrational.

Let anyone/anything that will give peace of mind to Americans guide us wisely,

Zach