PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like you are due for a loss

meow_meow
05-19-2005, 10:18 AM
When I've strung together a number of winning days (I currently haven't had a losing day in the last 10), I start feeling like I'm due for a loss.

Now I know empirically that my chances of losing today have nothing to do with yesterdays result, beyond any psychological impact, but it starts popping up in the back of my mind that I'm due for a loss, and I'm almost relieved when a rough patch of cards does come along (as it obviously must eventually) - as if I'm being reassured that the deal is really random and not somehow stacked in my favour.

How do I shake this?

Hellmouth
05-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I have not had a loss in many days now, but if I do Im not going to worry about it. Ive been crushing .50/1.00 to the tune of >6BB/100 for the last 3500 hands. If I lose some back it might actually make me feel better.

Greg

FlopMe
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I feel the same way when I'm running hot and frequently think that I'm going to pay for it in the very near future. When the downswing finally does occur, I frequently think that my opponents are the ones that are going to pay when it's over.

[ QUOTE ]
How do I shake this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure it's necessary for us to shake it as long as we play our best game. We're really just being honest with ourselves about how we are running.

gambool
05-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Yesterday afternoon I passed comment to my wife that i've won every day for the last 3 weeks.

You can guess what happened last night /images/graemlins/grin.gif

o0mr_bill0o
05-19-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

she made you buy her jewelry?

Johnny Richter
05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She made you get off the computer and spend some time with her?

Malachii
05-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I have these premonitions myself occasionally. And they're always right.