PDA

View Full Version : short-stacked w/ at

damn_river
05-19-2005, 10:12 AM
From the BB I am dealt ATo with 550 in chips (after BB is taken out). Blinds are 150/75. 3 limpers and 1 of them is small blind, is there a reason to push here or check and see a flop?

dR

nightlyraver
05-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Depends on a couple of factors. First, what is the table like? Are people limping with mediocre holdings and folding to raises? Are the limpers loose callers? Do the limpers have the chips to call, lose and still be competative? What are their positions?

I really am not giving the SB credit for a stronger hand since he should have raised 2 limpers with a short stack behind him who has yet to act. If the limpers are tight, early and don't play many hands, I check and push on the flop if I like the texture. If they like to see cheap flops, don't have huge stacks, tend to fold to a pre-flop raise and are in late position, I push here quite quickly. Unless the first limper is sandbagging a big pair, you're probably ahead in the hand if you can get it HU or it's a coinflip if you get a caller w/ something like 77 or 66 or something like that. In this spot I tend to push in most online situations. At this level, you're probably far enough away from the money that you need to double up twice to become affective. Best not to let your stack widdle down to nothing while you wait for better cards. Given the action, it's likely you have just enough chips to discourage callers anyway.

schwza
05-19-2005, 11:15 AM
pushy pushy.

Lloyd
05-19-2005, 11:27 AM
I think you have just enough chips to make a push worthwhile. Unless I suspected the early limper to be slowplaying a big hand I'd push. You're a decent chance to get called by a small or medium pocket pair or Ax, both of which you'd welcome at this point to (more than) double up.

locutus2002
05-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Push.

I think you are rarely dominated here, and will typically get shown kj and/or a small pocket for a nice pot.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif